Are ON's and Meets really worth $200

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaFurby

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I want to get one but they are so expensive, I can never find one below $200 AUD.
It doesn't seem worth it since the pix is basically the same in most ways. I also want a connection
but that will also cost an arm and a leg.

So I don't think I will be getting anything other than the re-releases and whatever is currently out
or will release in the future.

I'm Australian too, where are you looking for them?

I managed to find an ON for $90.00 (+ shipping) and a Meets for $100.00 (+ shipping).

It's bit of a waiting game and scowering for a good offer if you want anything under 100USD so its not impossible but its very hard with all the expensive listings especially on eBay. I did see some good offers on local online markets though so make sure to check them.

honestly I owned the meets and allot of meets when they were much cheaper, the content between them really doesn’t vary That much, and you can get the mymeets app to get exclusive genes and items. I know some people feel different but it just got really old for me. I kind of regret selling them but not really because I never used them after the first initial month and didn’t feel a need to come back to them. on the other hand I feel like the pix was worth and was jammed with quite allot of content for something with no ad ons, and the babysitter from the 4u returned!

I want a wonder garden but its price has gone through the roof. It's ridiculous :(

The Meets/On is fun but I don’t think it is worth the price tag now that the apps are going away. I have not used the MyMeets app however. I think getting a Pix and a Connection will be more fun for you. I like the Pix because the QR codes are quick and easy. What version Connection were you wanting to get?

I kinda think the way people price tamagotchis now are ridiculous. Like why are v5’s 200-300$? The range of what a devilgotchi was not too long ago? Its too much. I remember when prices for tamagotchis that stopped producing were reasonable WELL after they stopped producing. Like the on is such a recent release i dont understand why its so expensive, I would say I just like having it because Im like a checkpoint collector and this checkpoint is that it’s the first widely available english released color tamagotchi. Its game play isnt really worth 200$. I like that you can have twins and stuff and your tamagotchis can mix genes. The app is neat but its not even HALF of what tamatown was back in the day, especially music star tamatown, and its getting deleted soon. I’m sure thats why they are selling so aggressively because people want to experience the app before its gone. P’s once used to go for 500$ but now their price has gone down in the years like people are too crazy, who is going to buy that? The only prices that make sense to me are the devilgotchi and yasashii but now adays the yasashii selling for almost 1,000 is really insane too. Like don’t you sell things because you want people to buy it? This extreme pricing honestly got way worse in the last two years.

I kinda think the way people price tamagotchis now are ridiculous. Like why are v5’s 200-300$? The range of what a devilgotchi was not too long ago? Its too much. I remember when prices for tamagotchis that stopped producing were reasonable WELL after they stopped producing. Like the on is such a recent release i dont understand why its so expensive, I would say I just like having it because Im like a checkpoint collector and this checkpoint is that it’s the first widely available english released color tamagotchi. Its game play isnt really worth 200$. I like that you can have twins and stuff and your tamagotchis can mix genes. The app is neat but its not even HALF of what tamatown was back in the day, especially music star tamatown, and its getting deleted soon. I’m sure thats why they are selling so aggressively because people want to experience the app before its gone. P’s once used to go for 500$ but now their price has gone down in the years like people are too crazy, who is going to buy that? The only prices that make sense to me are the devilgotchi and yasashii but now adays the yasashii selling for almost 1,000 is really insane too. Like don’t you sell things because you want people to buy it? This extreme pricing honestly got way worse in the last two years.

Someone has a Devilgotchi listed here locally for $1,500 lol. It's NIP which I understand is really difficult to come by now, but seriously!

I've also seen people recently (last day or so) listing Ons locally for $400 each, which is a BIG jump.

Will they sell? Not sure, the Devil one has been listed for ages. The Music Stars get listed locally for $600+ (NIP).

Someone has a Devilgotchi listed here locally for $1,500 lol. It's NIP which I understand is really difficult to come by now, but seriously!

I've also seen people recently (last day or so) listing Ons locally for $400 each, which is a BIG jump.

Will they sell? Not sure, the Devil one has been listed for ages. The Music Stars get listed locally for $600+ (NIP).
Yeah no. 1500 is also insane. They are collectors items but they are still fk toys. Ive seen quite a few music stars that are typically reasonably listed new in package for around 300$-400$ and if ppl are doing 600+ they are insane. A girl recently posted a glam rock used no package and is trying to sell it for 600$ And kept going off about how it was “mega rare!!! Who knew!!!” Like obviously everyone wants money but thats some extremely greedy sh*t. Someone offered a hundred and she really said “sorry im expecting at least 600$” you mean….more expensive than a devilgotchi listing??? 🤪🤪🤪 I told her off lmao I was so annoyed, I don’t even want the item LOL. other people were like wtf as well though.

Ppl should also avoid buying that expensive so prices will stay reasonable too. Obviously we all like tamagotchis but 600$ for a music star? 300$ for an on? People arent even reasonably listing prices off of value, they find out it HAS value and then when they list it they are like “lets see if i can add another 100$ and fool people into thinking they all sell for this price.” And then people impulse buy or are impatient. I saw a music star for 45$ the other day, an on for 112$ the good deals will come as you wait. I just found a cotton candy v5 which is my fave v5 shell i wanted recently for 82$ In mint condition!!! It could have been any shell but it was that one! You know I’m excited ab it haha, she was sweet enought to put it on hold for two weeks. You just get lucky like that by waiting and searching sometimes! And then someone fr has had a v2 listed for 300$. Like. Are you good in the head?????? No way.

I have also impulse bought a tamagotchi a bit over priced but i probably could have waited and profited more.

Think of it like this: the overpriced ones that are readily available are the ones you can see first bc people dont want to buy that and then some who don’t know well think its the only option. But people dont easily see that the good deals are actually always popping up if you sit and wait, they just also vanish in a minute!!! But they are still also always there! And some people are just nice, like the person who sold me my ciao berry akai for 50$

(Enjoy my essay lol)

Oh I agree, the $1500.00 one has been there for weeks. I wonder what price they would actually accept.

I saw a NIP Music Star for $15.00 here but sadly I was too slow and someone else got it first. I'm pretty sure I saw it a few days later relisted by the new owner for like $500.00.

I'm definitely lurking on a bunch of sites, mostly I just want a V3 or V4. But I'm also not willing to pay $200.00+!

Oh I agree, the $1500.00 one has been there for weeks. I wonder what price they would actually accept.

I saw a NIP Music Star for $15.00 here but sadly I was too slow and someone else got it first. I'm pretty sure I saw it a few days later relisted by the new owner for like $500.00.

I'm definitely lurking on a bunch of sites, mostly I just want a V3 or V4. But I'm also not willing to pay $200.00+!
FOR 15$??? where do sales happen here btw??

Also im sure you know you can get a v3 for a great price!!! I just got a gorgeous condition one for 52!! Id be willing to help you out because im so hyperfixated i just sit there and refresh feed on many diff sites at many different times all day for good deals. I also really want a green flowers v4!!!! I saw one but skipped on it so now im waiting again rip.

I see a v3 for 57$ rn and a v4 for 85$!

as someone who actually purchased a tamagotchi ON for 95$ USD (used), i can definitely say it took a lot of waiting to find one for a decent price... i live in the US, and they absolutely overprice the ON / Meets, it's genuinely insane.

as far as if it's worth it... that's entirely up to you, honestly. i've had my tamagotchi ON for over a month now, and i'm having tons of fun with it every day. you can even use a sort of "save editor" program called MyMeets, which allows you to get the perfect tama you want in your next generation, instead of marrying a random tama and hoping for the best. you can even give yourself tons of items, Gachipoints, and a lot more! you can also play on the tamagotchi ON official app, but it is shutting down in august, sadly. :-(

it really depends on you, though, ultimately. it has quite a bit of content, although the ON is the first tamagotchi device i've owned, so i'm unsure if newer models like the PIX offer similar content, but again, entirely up to you! here's hoping you'll find a nice one for a fair price, though~

Yeah no. 1500 is also insane. They are collectors items but they are still fk toys. Ive seen quite a few music stars that are typically reasonably listed new in package for around 300$-400$ and if ppl are doing 600+ they are insane. A girl recently posted a glam rock used no package and is trying to sell it for 600$ And kept going off about how it was “mega rare!!! Who knew!!!” Like obviously everyone wants money but thats some extremely greedy sh*t. Someone offered a hundred and she really said “sorry im expecting at least 600$” you mean….more expensive than a devilgotchi listing??? 🤪🤪🤪 I told her off lmao I was so annoyed, I don’t even want the item LOL. other people were like wtf as well though.

Ppl should also avoid buying that expensive so prices will stay reasonable too. Obviously we all like tamagotchis but 600$ for a music star? 300$ for an on? People arent even reasonably listing prices off of value, they find out it HAS value and then when they list it they are like “lets see if i can add another 100$ and fool people into thinking they all sell for this price.” And then people impulse buy or are impatient. I saw a music star for 45$ the other day, an on for 112$ the good deals will come as you wait. I just found a cotton candy v5 which is my fave v5 shell i wanted recently for 82$ In mint condition!!! It could have been any shell but it was that one! You know I’m excited ab it haha, she was sweet enought to put it on hold for two weeks. You just get lucky like that by waiting and searching sometimes! And then someone fr has had a v2 listed for 300$. Like. Are you good in the head?????? No way.

I have also impulse bought a tamagotchi a bit over priced but i probably could have waited and profited more.

Think of it like this: the overpriced ones that are readily available are the ones you can see first bc people dont want to buy that and then some who don’t know well think its the only option. But people dont easily see that the good deals are actually always popping up if you sit and wait, they just also vanish in a minute!!! But they are still also always there! And some people are just nice, like the person who sold me my ciao berry akai for 50$

(Enjoy my essay lol)
I found my NIP Music Star and purposely sold it for $300 recently because I didn't want to be a jerk and feed into these prices. I understand money is great, but we can all help the current market by listing and purchasing things at fair prices.

I found my NIP Music Star and purposely sold it for $300 recently because I didn't want to be a jerk and feed into these prices. I understand money is great, but we can all help the current market by listing and purchasing things at fair prices.
Thank you and exactly, and I CANT stand the people who are going around telling people to sell their tamagotchis overpriced. They are probably often locals who find out they’re valuable and try to milk it for all theyve got. Lol, if someone knows nothing ab tamagotchis and lists it for 45$ why would you message the seller and tell them 😭 they clearly dont care and think its junk anyways. Another person sold theirs to someone, found out they could price it for more, canceled the sale and relisted it for hundreds. Like…go away. The girl trying to sell her used music star for 600$ originally had it listed for 100$ and then raised it to 600$ After someone told her to. I just convinced her to keep it in the end because she was considering collecting and i told her she wouldnt want to regret it.

I found someone selling some V4s and they said "message for price" so I did and they say they'd had a lot of replies so they were going to just basically do an unofficial bidding war. No thank-you, I can just go to eBay for that kind of stress buying. :LOL:

This Tamagotchi Devil is listed for $1,100 and it's been listed since 2020! They recently edited the ad so it's not like they've listed it and forgotten about it or something. I think after 2 years you'd consider lowering your price! ;)

I found someone selling some V4s and they said "message for price" so I did and they say they'd had a lot of replies so they were going to just basically do an unofficial bidding war. No thank-you, I can just go to eBay for that kind of stress buying. :LOL:
Seriously lol, they try everything they can. random but I found an english angel tamagotchi for 35$ today!!! I also found a pink nib english angel for less than 100$ which is a dream item but the seller hasn’t responded yet for that one. Its been listed for years so if its still there in a week I will buy it and if the seller responds to the other i hope to. Lets play: seeing if i get scammed!!!! lol

I also found a turquoise wonder garden for, ready:
10$

but its listed local pick up only.

As for the devil situation i really think that person is crazy lol, But that’s up to them! They clearly dont want to sell it so whatever. Where do they have it listed?Also u should reply specifically to my comment so I am notified!!

Seriously lol, they try everything they can. random but I found an english angel tamagotchi for 35$ today!!! I also found a pink nib english angel for less than 100$ which is a dream item but the seller hasn’t responded yet for that one. Its been listed for years so if its still there in a week I will buy it and if the seller responds to the other i hope to. Lets play: seeing if i get scammed!!!! lol

I also found a turquoise wonder garden for, ready:
10$

but its listed local pick up only.

As for the devil situation i really think that person is crazy lol, But that’s up to them! They clearly dont want to sell it so whatever. Where do they have it listed?Also u should reply specifically to my comment so I am notified!!
Oh wow, where are you located?! Your sales pages are much more exciting than mine. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back