AwesomeGotchi's Awesome Log!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comments:

Thanks Psychotama, I decided to start up the devilgotchi. I myself know little about it so I guess it'll be a first for both of us. :D

29/11/16

Today I took my devilgotchi out of its packaging and pulled the tab. The shell itself is in mint condition and still has slight glare. There are no visible scratches either. I found the colours to be perfect also, the white and purple go so well together. When I was opening the packaging also, a pamphlet popped out which turned out to be the instruction manual. It is written in somewhat basic Japanese which I can understand most of.

IMG_20161129_205115.jpg

After pulling the tab, I was greeted by a black devil which I assume is the 'egg' stage? Anyway, this thing hung around for about 1 minute, pretty much confirming my suspicions. I wonder if this is similar to the angel version, where you have an angel bobbing around instead of an egg?

IMG_20161129_205217.jpg

After this, he turned into a Deviltchi. I looked up some growth charts, and it seems that nobody has a complete understanding of the growth process. However, i'll be aiming for Futago-Debiru. Which basically looks like a combination of the V3 babies, with devil wings.

IMG_20161129_205533.jpg

I like the fact that the growth process is still not completely understood. It gives a little randomness to the evolutions and makes it a little more 'real'. I quickly scrolled through the menus and fed him up. I also fed him some chocolate to cure his unhappiness. Shortly afterwards, my new companion fell asleep. It probably wasn't best to start him up at 9 in the evening anyways... :p

IMG_20161129_210219.jpg

So, I'm off to read some logs on the Devilgotchi and to see what else I can learn about this little guy. I'll see you in the next update, thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comments:

Thanks Pauly! It worked out well didn't it? One vintage, one normal, and one modern release.

30/11/16

I got the chance to read up a little more on the Devilgotchi. I researched both group hatches and logs, mainly finding out about the very long life span. I believe it was multiple days between each stage and nearly a week before getting a special character. So, I'll have plenty of time to get used to this little guy then.

One of the first events I had with Deviltchi today was his attention call. The screen flashes black, whilst the attention light turns on. I also want to note how loud the sound is, making it almost impossible to miss a call.

IMG_20161130_133604.jpg
IMG_20161130_133604_1.jpg

Later that day, I saw a poo on the screen. The cycle must be different from more modern releases because he only went twice from memory.

IMG_20161130_133520.jpg
IMG_20161130_133535.jpg

By the end of the day, I managed to get his DP meter (kind of like a fluctuating training bar) down to 50. This was also achieved by choosing the 'handshake' icon when he calls. This happens every few hours.

IMG_20161130_133627.jpg

1/12/16

Today was the first day of December, and my devilgotchi spent the morning at home with a wound back clock whilst I was at school. He seems to be aging normally so I hope tampering with the clock doesn't stunt his growth.

IMG_20161201_182520.jpg

I spent the afternoon answering his calls.This allowed me to bring his DP all the way down to 15, which I was quite proud of.

IMG_20161201_204726.jpg

Something I learnt the hard way on the first night however, is that every so often whilst sleeping, the tamagotchi beeps to life and bats fly across the screen. I had never heard of anything like this before with a tamagotchi so it amazed and annoyed me at the same time. He is now sleeping with his sound off. :D

Thanks for reading, 'till next time.

Got a little caught up with school and tests, I'll fill in as much as I can.

2/12/16

Today my little devil turned three days old, and is still at the child age. You really get used to seeing the same character bobbing around the screen. Unfortunately, I made the worst mistake ever in forgetting to set its clock back whilst at school. However, it also happened to be a half-day, so I came home at lunchtime to feed and play with him. This didn't stop his DP (which I always try to keep as low as possible) from creeping up to 60.

IMG_20161203_205723.jpg

I filled his hunger and happy hearts before playing a game or two with him. This bought his DP down to around 40, thanks to the discipline option as well. Over the course of the day, I managed to drop it all the way to 15.

IMG_20161203_132816.jpg

This was a record low for me too, I hope I can still raise the secret character.

3/12/16

It was Saturday today, allowing me to care for him all day. At around 8-9am, I checked on him to see that he had evolved into a Bakedebirutchi.

IMG_20161203_205702.jpg
IMG_20161203_205740.jpg

I was quite pleased to see this character, he really symbolises the Devilgotchi. I immediately tried out all of his animations by eating and playing games. He's an awesome character. I also noticed that he turned 4.

IMG_20161203_132807.jpg

Tomorrow I have a big test but couldn't help playing some more games with him and bringing his DP down even further. I noticed that every 5th perfect game or so, he refuses to play, resulting in a time-out. By abusing this feature, I managed to drop the meter to 5, before maxing it out at 0.

IMG_20161205_104657.jpg
IMG_20161205_111235.jpg

I was pretty happy with that, however it didn't take long for it to creep back up. Oh well.

Thanks for reading, I know I'm still a few days behind. I'll try catching up tomorrow. ;)

Hi, just dropping in after a short 4-year hiatus. 0.o

Last time I logged here, I was an exchange student in Japan. Now I'm back and just about to graduate from University. I haven't had a lot of time for tamagotchi, and I don't usually like showing them off to anyone (my dirty little secret  :p ). About a week back, I decided to start up my favourite V3 and see how long I lasted with it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's still running so I thought I'd start logging some progress. For the next month, I'll be doing summer school but this shouldn't be as stressful as my regular studies over the past few years. I recently purchased the iPhone 12, so I'll be taking all my photos with that! If only having a nice camera meant you took nice photos.

17/11/20

Today, my V3: Jal, evolved into a Masktchi after a week of sub-par care. I was a little disappointed - but it'll push me to take better care for the next generation. 

yHKwNZj.jpg

eMiYX1E.jpg

I earned quite a few points from playing bump - which is one of the simplest games on the surface, but really has a lot going on. It takes into consideration your tamagotchi's current weight level, and the timing on the button press. I remember mashing the button as a kid, and just hoping for the best.  :rolleyes:  On top of that - you actually get more points based on how low your characters weight class is (so many cool mechanics). 

EIP6Da1.jpg

9Ew4DMH.jpg

We purchased a bow with all the money we earnt! Jal then gave me a hand with my summer school work - which I really need to get into after writing this. Still getting the hang of Imgur - hope to improve on the photo resizing. I'm losing so much quality through it. :(  

Hi ya'll, just a quick-ish update for the past two days.

18/11/20

Today I took Jal to work with me. Nothing notable happened really, just the usual care. Expecting a matchmaker arrival either tomorrow or the day after.

13sOqxV.jpg

19/11/20

Slightly more eventful day today, as I was home. We kicked off the day with a glass of juice, which may be from a pervious generation? I didn't remember buying it. 

ubSHNRL.jpg

fSjO6NP.jpg

I then broke out my old notebook with all my growth charts and codes that I made when I was younger. I decided to enter in some of the shop codes. I was a little disappointed they didn't continue this feature in future versions, it feels almost like an easter egg! 

O4a8sKL.jpg

T5BHJKD.jpg

fZarwJq.jpg

In particular, we played with the 'RC CAR 2', which makes some funny sounds. Jal was not impressed when it tipped over. Maybe he shouldn't be driving it so fast then.

tqLIZlC.jpg

irGkYr3.jpg

2cxb1oR.jpg

nMBSWvo.jpg

...and then, just as I was writing this, we were visited (or rudely approached by) the thanksgiving turkey! Jal was chased all over the screen as I watched on and took photos.  :D

plxFbbc.jpg

TM17Xis.jpg

Hey guys!  :babytchi:

20/11/20

Not a super eventful day today, Jal joined me at work again. After that, I went on a short road trip for the weekend and took him with me. Other than the fact he turned 6, there wasn't anything super notable that happened. 

HUwwBbT.jpg

SXd6uPp.jpg

I found a cool toy robot in the store, and let Jal play with it on the way (don't worry - I wasn't driving while taking these). Maybe this will come in handy for Jal's offspring...

21/11/20

Today Jal turned 7...which means...

6UCYYvu.jpg

0q73BcX.jpg

Matchmaker visit! I usually miss these photo opportunities, so I may have had a little tinkering around with time travel...

A6DOCeW.jpg

vWuwpsR.jpg

The matchmaker bought along Androtchi who Jal promptly agreed to marry. 

F4bQiPe.jpg

hWss4rH.jpg

...and after all the ceremonies, we were left with a baby boy! This is perfect as I just bought the action figure/toy robot (which I believe is the toy that male tamagotchi's prefer). Tomorrow should be Jal's last day with the baby before I can start the next generation. Now to start thinking of more boy names!

Short update today - as I'm heading back home.  :puroperatchi:

22/11/20

Today, the small new family and I worked on getting Jal's weight down. I played a ton of bump and worked it down below 50lbs eventually. 

fYfQjDr.jpg

eHd6xrB.jpg

I did all this while working through my summer school stuff, not long to go now. I tried 'Sprint' after getting his weight down low, but I still didn't have much luck winning, any ideas?

23/11/20

jfQS5jv.jpg

Because I probably won't have much more time today to post an update - here is the next generation. I assume he'll awaken at Jal's normal wake time (10:00am). Stay tuned!

23/11/20 - Cont.

Today marks the start of the second generation! I was left a baby Kuroteletchi. I decided to name him Mouse.  :marumimitchi:

oB8ydAG.jpg

dBCkMin.jpg

MQ6Nkce.jpg

After the usual hour of care, Mouse expectedly evolved into a Mizutamatchi as Jal was a bad care character. We played bump to exploit the points he could earn at his low weight class. My best game got us all the way to the 8th round! Unfortunately, we came just short of the overall victory.  

Az7ITbJ.jpg

lhbpHuo.jpg

ee5ur8W.jpg

That being said, coming in 2nd place overall still gave us a handsome sum:

KtXhTg5.jpg

24/11/20

Today was bittersweet. We started the day off normally, I caught Mouse rolling around on the floor.

lnrSm60.jpg

Despite taking near perfect care of him (or what I thought was perfect care?) he evolved later on in the day to a Hashitamatchi. I adore this character, but according to my growth chart, he's 'horrible care'. Going back over my care in the past 24 hours, his hearts never got below 3, and his poo never stacked multiples. I did take an extra hour or so to turn off his light - but I didn't think that would affect care that drastically? There must be more to care than I remember...

Anyway, here's Mouse! I caught him taking a bath this evening. 

ElBcXfW.jpg

FBu1b4W.jpg

Time to look at some new growth charts perhaps!  :kuribotchi:

Latest posts

Back