Back again after many years!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, and don’t feel bad. Life throws us lemons. You can always pick back up and slowly start collecting when you can. Even starting with easy to get stuff that is available in stores is a good way to start.

I had never played the original Digimon. These are all the rereleased 20th Anniversary and the Digimon X. Both are available on Amazon now and I did see them at Walmart too, though I’m not sure if they are still there. I never had the originals, but the new ones use one CR2023 battery which I like much more than the two LR44.

I got into Digimon because they looked interesting, but I also thought my son would be interested in them as well. What I haven’t pictured is his collection of vpets I’ve started for him. He has some GigaPets he plays. He isn’t old enough for Digimon or Tamagotchi yet so I have a little stash started for him.

Yeah, the Digimon especially the Digimon X's can be brutal conceptually for a youngin'. They are definitely something for someone that has a long attention span. This could be said about the Version 20ths as well. I actually started a group hatched for the 20ths, and have a planned Halloween theme to raise a spoopy Virus type schedule for Oct 25th. If that would be something you're interested in it. Just check the Group Hatch section!

I am interested in the group hatches, but sadly have been too busy to join any lately. I’ve just been lowkey playing a Connection, and honestly it has been paused more than not. It is the glow-in-the-dark V4 for some Halloween vibes.

Wow! Such a beautiful collection and so nicely stored and organized. Makes me feel bad for storing mine in an open basket where they can collect all the dust 😅 I should definitely invest in better long term storage at some point
I also really like those cat ear cases you have on your tama friends, they’re super cute

Funny you mentioned it. For some reason I don’t like the silicone cases much, except I do like it on the Friends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Having them in a basket is okay until you forget about them for a year. I’m not saying you will any time soon, but we all get busy at some point. This sounds really cute though. Almost like easter eggs in a basket.

I don’t know if low pH yellows plastic similarly to UV rays, but I have to assume yes even if it is a different process. Wood is acidic (cardboard, shoebox, basket, drawers) at least to some degree depending on the processing, unless a wood product is listed as acid-free. I have seen collections stored in fancy wooden boxes and dresser drawers, and it makes me wonder. I used to store mine in a shoebox—rattling around with each other and with loose batteries, instructions, etc…Thankfully tamas seem pretty sturdy, but 10, 20…50 years down the road?

I’m definitely into organization, haha :tarakotchi:

Honestly I like them all, or I wouldn’t keep them as part of my collection. It is my philosophy to only keep my favorites. For me I focus on English language devices which helps keep my collecting in check. Still my collection is quite large. Sometimes I’ll snag a duplicate in case one should break in the future.

Still to answer your question; I do like the Genjintch. I like ancient artifacts and aliens, and the characters in this one scratch that itch. Plus I love the vintage era straightforward gameplay.

Also the Pixel Stars Digital Dreamhouse is quite fun. It isn’t a tama or vpet but it is similar and entertaining. It can be played anytime, unlike the tamas that sleep at night. I kept it on my nightstand and played it at night before bed. Check it out if you haven’t already.

I can tell you which one I didn’t like and sold off from my collection :newmametchi: I used to own two English iD L, but after a month of having two I decided I didn’t enjoy it, and didn’t need to connect them. So I sold one off just a month or so after getting it back in 2014. I sold the second one in 2021. The only tamas from my collection I ever sold. There is a lot of hype around the English iD L, but—having been lucky enough to have one—I’m here to say it isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Sure it was fun in general as any tama is, but it actually was not 100% translated. Not being able to read all the dialog was a put off for me. Plus the screen flicker was bad. I read up on how to repair it, but I did not want to buy tools to repair a tama I was not going to play. Since I was not happy with the translation and had recently gotten new color versions (On, Pix) that were fully in English it was an easy call for me to just sell it. I mentioned this in a thread once before and some people were surprised, but I have no regrets. After a few months playing with it in 2014 I hardly played it. I don’t miss it.

- - - - -

I wanted to add I also like the GigaPets Explorer a lot too. I have a 5-year-old and this is a great introductory game system for young kids. He can play it on his own and enjoy it, and I find it entertaining too. The extra Minipets are unique. If you don’t have a kid, you may like it less. It does have it’s pitfalls too, but it is fun.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful collection. I'm pretty amazed at how huge and organized it is.

Latest posts

Back