Bandai America Releasing the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini This Fall

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal link removed - site rules

tumblr_inline_oy56qlhOu71toxdax_500.jpg

Toys “R”Us Canada has just removed the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini pre-orders form their website due to an overwhelming demand. We are not sure if the pre-order will be back prior to the launch of November 5th, but we think its safe to say you’ll be able to purchase the device in store and online after launch.

The 2017 Mini is selling out internationally, so we would definitely advise getting your pre-orders in or having a game plan for launch day! Who will be lining up, and if so, which store?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I may drop that information in here :) The Tamagotchi Mini's are available in Germany, too! But only one store is (allowed?) selling them. They're called "Mueller" (Müller) and each one is 15,99 Euro (about US $ 18,85) at the moment, because they're having a sale. Usual price is 19,99 Euro ( about US $ 23,55).

Link to the online shop: https://shop.mueller.de/catalogsearch/result/?q=Tamagotchi

Or available in their stores around Germany.

They're already released! A friend was by "Mueller" today and completely overwhelmed by the mass of little Tamagotchi's they were offering ^_^

I am trying to find a tamagotchi original on Amazon and eBay but I cannot find one. I'm struggling to tell the difference between a real and a fake. Used to have like 5 back in the year 2000. Someone please help. Thank you. From Scotland

Really cool that they're selling out everywhere. I wonder if it's due to true high demand, or if Bandai didn't produce too large of an initial volume because they were unsure of how they'd perform in stores. Either way, it's a good thing that they can see the Tamagotchi brand holds up :)

I have one and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. It has fewer features than the original. Nostalgia icons game, discipline. Just feed it. Feed and poo, feed and poo. The way it was hyped up so much in articles was that it had been re-released. It's not a re-release as such, just a dumbing-down of the original. You'd have thought with technological advances, they can fit at least the same features on a smaller device.

I'm still keeping it, but boy was it not worth the 20 dollars I paid for it + postage to UK.

I have one and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. It has fewer features than the original. Nostalgia icons game, discipline. Just feed it. Feed and poo, feed and poo. The way it was hyped up so much in articles was that it had been re-released. It's not a re-release as such, just a dumbing-down of the original. You'd have thought with technological advances, they can fit at least the same features on a smaller device.

I'm still keeping it, but boy was it not worth the 20 dollars I paid for it + postage to UK.
Yeah, that is the unfortunate thing about the English articles not realizing it was a truncated version. Although, it is really sloppy reporting as even in the announcement on the Tamagotchi Friends website, they always specified it was similar but not the original. I think both of the small, truncated versions (the mini and the nano) were advertised more as a fashion accessory. I was thinking that the simplicity of the version might appeal to modern people who did not have enough diligence to take care of a Tamagotchi. I was also thinking that the further simplification from the original would go unnoticed as most would not remember what the original was actually like.

From my standpoint as a collector - but not hardcore by any means - I intended to buy perhaps two Tamagotchi minis in-store to partially relive the feeling of walking into a store and buying a Tamagotchi. That is solely the reason I even considered the Tamagotchi mini as I knew the version was very, very simple and not comparable to the other Tamagotchi versions. I suppose I might even be insane by how learning that the Tamagotchi mini originally sold for $10 does not dissuade me from purchasing it. At the moment, the only features that sort of appeal to me besides reliving and old experience is that the Tamagotchi mini goes through three stages and lives for around two weeks. I hear the nano only goes through two stages and just lives on indefinitely.

If it is any consolation to you, you can easily find an original Tamagotchi for around $30 and a guide to using it, which will work for the Japanese versions as the English is just token anyway.

*Personal links removed* site rules

tumblr_inline_oy6kq3JjK51toxdax_500.png

Last week we informed you of all the countries that will be carrying the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini, and Australia was notably one of them. Toys “R” Us Australia got their hands on the Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town and now Australian fans will be enjoying the 2017 Mini!

tumblr_inline_oy6kzkrpg11toxdax_500.png

The interesting thing is that we informed you back in July that EB Toys was selling the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini (Japanese version) in May of 2017.

You can head over to the Toys “R” Us’ Australian website and pre-order your 2017 Mini today. The list price is $29.99 AUD, but they are currently listed for just $24.99 AUD! These are expected to be available in early November so be sure to place your pre-order today before they sell out!

2017 Tamagotchi Mini Store Displays

tumblr_inline_oyb5rvte9h1toxdax_500.jpg

The 2017 Mini is already available in several countries around the world, and in November many more including the United States and Canada. Not only will they be hitting the shelves of our favorite retailers but there will be custom signage and floor displays!

tumblr_inline_oyb5s0BirC1toxdax_500.jpg

Bandai is so excited for the 2017 Mini launch, and you’ll be seeing that with their customized signage, floor displays, and shelf displays. There are several images featured on Twitter that display what exactly some of these will look like. Above you will find the floor displays that have a bunch of 2017 Mini’s inside.

tumblr_inline_oyb5s5bLXk1toxdax_500.jpg

The 2017 Mini will be sold from within these floor displays and shelf displays. These will help them stand out and attract Tamagotchi fans worldwide. We have confirmed with Bandai that these displays will be making their way over to the United States for the November 5th launch

image credit

TM Edit: Links to personal site removed - site rules (which you know well) ;)

2017 Tamagotchi Mini Featured in Target Toy Book

tumblr_inline_oyiarffkHS1toxdax_500.jpg

Every year Target releases an extensive toy catalog that gets sent out just around Halloween. The Toy Book typically features the hottest toys of the holiday season and helps children put together their holiday wish lists. When browsing the leaked 2017 Target Toy Book we were pleasantly surprised!

Target has featured the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini in this years Toy Book, and we couldn’t be more excited! You’ll find it on page 46, Target is listing the 2017 Mini as “Tamagotchi Virtual Reality Pet” with a price of $14.99.

tumblr_inline_oyiarfZAd91toxdax_500.jpg

The 2017 Mini might just be the toy of the holiday season this year, and we hope so. However it appears that the 2017 Mini is surprisingly not present in the Toys “R” Us 2017 Toy Book. This is especially strange since Toys “R” Us not only has the 2017 Mini on their website, but they’re completely sold out of pre-orders. Why isn’t Toys “R” Us featuring the beloved anniversary Tamagotchi in their Toy Book?

2017 Mini Spotted on Target Shelves!

tumblr_inline_oyjoml2rad1toxdax_500.jpg
Looks like Target has jumped the gun, the 2017 Mini has been spotted across the country on their shelves in the toy department! Tamagotchi fans who are avid Target shoppers have spotted the 2017 Mini ALREADY on shelves although it is set to be released on November 5th!

We are able to confirm two instances, one in North Carolina and the other in Kentucky! These two lucky Tamagotchi fans were able to capture some pictures and run to the register! As we’ve previously state the 2017 Mini will be available throughout North America on November 5th with an MSRP of $14.99 USD.

tumblr_inline_oyjomqsHV31toxdax_500.jpg
Be sure to head over to your local Target and let us know if they’re already on shelves! If they are may we recommending buying a few before they sell out!?

I don't know whether I'll even try to buy one. I live in Canada and I don't have a pre-order, but they just seem so featureless compared to even the V1s, not to mention that I go through phases of liking and then forgetting Tamagotchis exist. :p

I don't know whether I'll even try to buy one. I live in Canada and I don't have a pre-order, but they just seem so featureless compared to even the V1s, not to mention that I go through phases of liking and then forgetting Tamagotchis exist. :p
As I've mentioned before, I really want one for symbolic purposes (although I will be buying two and lending one to a friend I have recently found out likes Tamagotchis), otherwise I'd probably feel the same as you. I also live in Canada and plan to get one in-stores because that carries the symbolism. I'd recommend checking to see if Toysrus still has some stock left over after Christmas as chances are it will be discounted, which might make the Tamagotchi Mini more appealing.

This Tamagotchi was released in France in a single toy store chain (JouéClub). There were only 8500 of them for the whole country (physical and web shop) and everything was sold out 10 minutes after the opening ! So I couldn't get one...
The store announced on twitter that it could not get more stocks from Bandai : "It's already been complicated to have 8500 pieces for all of France."
I would have liked to buy one for my collection (and also because it's tiny and cute), but I prefer my Japanese tamagotchi in colour! These versions look much too simplified.
I hope that Bandai will take advantage of this success to try to relaunch a new modern tamagotchi with colour screen outside of Japan.

Whoa, that's incredible! Did the store have them for preorder or were they just available for sale immediately? I remember chatting with my father about how I was worried I would not be able to get the mini in-stores, and he mentioned that there would probably be a percent held back for the physical stores (which might be hard to determine for the not so bright employees). What you described doesn't sound like JouéClub did that.

The mini seems like an okay investment for collection purposes (which is partially my main reason for wanting it) and perhaps for those who don't have much time for a tama. Although I don't know how often it needs care, but the care is simply a button press so it is rather easy to manage. I too would like a colour version outside of Japan and I speculate that because of the success of the Tamagotchi mini - at least financially - that might just happen. Or perhaps Bandai might create something that is reminiscent of the connection models, and maybe perhaps I might find those cheap Chinese knockoffs in the Dollar Store in my country (which would be more convenient than ordering them online). My father remarked it will be interesting to see how this all turns out, and I agree with him. ^_^

Barnes & Noble Carrying 2017 Mini!

tumblr_inline_oynbh7pLrv1toxdax_500.png
tumblr_inline_oynbjqR2vV1toxdax_500.png

You heard it here first! Barnes & Noble, a popular book retail store in the United States is carrying the 2017 Tamagotchi Mini!

A Barnes & Noble location in Middletown Rhode Island had just posted a picture of the 2017 on their Instagram account, and we’ve done some research. We were delighted to see the 2017 Mini, or as Barnes & Noble is calling it, the Chibi Tamagotchi. Chibi is the term used in Japan to describe smaller, or shorter, in the U.S. we refer to it as the Mini as we did once it was first introduced in 2005.

The 2017 Mini, or Chibi is available at Barnes & Noble retail stores only; however the item is listed on their website. No pricing is provided, but we think its safe to say they’ll stick with the MSRP of $14.99.

Head on over to your local Barnes & Noble soon to get your hands on the 2017 Mini, you can use their website store locator too!

I heard some retailers have gotten these early so I'm going to check them out. :) (Gamestop, Barnes & Noble, Walmart)

I convinced my father to take me to a Toysrus today and we scoured the store for Tamagotchis, in the off-chance they had them before the release date. Eventually my father asked one of the employees who seemed quite assured they would be selling on Sunday, November 5th. So I feel quite certain that at least in Toronto, if not all of Canada, the mini will only be available on its official release date.

Since you mentioned Gamestop, Miho, I checked our Canadian equivalent called EBGames and they did indeed have the Mini available for presell! Apparently they will be released on November 20th, way past the release date.

2zp2LPo.png

I might use EBGames as a backup in case I can't get any from Toysrus. That happening is probably unlikely considering I'll at least reach the store 2-3 hours after they open on the release date and the mini hasn't been advertised in the Toyrus holiday flyer for the 2-16th. I did also check Walmart's Canadian website and "Tamagotchi" turned up nothing and neither are they present in the holiday flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back