Beginner Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're talking about the rerelease "Generation 2" things, personally I think they are a great introduction to the toy series as they're fairly simple and they're based on the original toy that a lot of us started on back in the 90s.

But depending on what you're looking for, it might be TOO simple. It's just a little black and white pixel blob that will move back and forth and sometimes beep at you because you need to press some buttons to keep it happy and well-fed.

Would be great to hear about your adventures getting into the world of Tamagotchi :)

Hi all - I have not had much to do with Tamagotchi before now, but I saw a couple of version 2 at Walmart yesterday. They were about $20. So, I'm wondering are those good starting ones for someone that has not played with them before?
Hello Angie. :smile2:

Definitely those re-releases will be a good start as the focus will be mostly of taking care of your tamagotchi.

Hello Angie. :smile2:

Definitely those re-releases will be a good start as the focus will be mostly of taking care of your tamagotchi.
Agreed.
I will note that myself, and a bunch of other tama fans, feel the Gen 1/P1 game is unfairly difficult as it's rock paper scissors- seemingly completely random. The P2 has a game that feels a lot easier, so that's something to think about. Then there's the character lists for both. They all feature different characters/growth charts, so it's more a matter of which (Gen1 or gen 2) version's characters you like more.

I have to agree with everyone else here - the Gen 1/Gen 2 re-releases are definitely the best place to start. After all, they're the modern re-issues of the device where it all began! :tarakotchi:

The two versions play out identically, with the only differences being the possible evolutions and the game that you can play with your creature.

I'm personally not bothered by the randomness of the Gen 1 "Character Game" (where you must guess, best of five, whether the Tamagotchi will turn left or right), but if you don't have the patience for that - and many understandably don't - I have to agree with the many recommendations here for the Gen 2 "Number Game" (where you have to guess, best of five, if the next number will be higher or lower than the one that your Tamagotchi has picked).

If you'll be dealing with the pet in a hurry, the Gen 2 is definitely the better option. Either one is a cute-and-quirky choice with their weird 1990s charm fully intact, though. :smile2:

Thanks all. I may either go back to Walmart for one that I saw. Or I may do the modern version and hit up Amazon. I've learned how to use Amazon all to well the past year+.

I may have more questions before I decide on one.

Latest posts

Back