Best Digimon version for beginners

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iAM

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello TamaTalkers!  ^_^

I hope everyone is doing great. I’m trying to give Digimon a chance but unfortunately don’t know exactly where to start or with what version. I have a Digivice that I bought two years ago, it’s this one below:

D24-F9-A69-7869-460-A-88-ED-B9-C78-F82774-A.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn’t play with it because it’s in Japanese and a bit complicated for me. :angry:

So for you Digimon lovers who are familiar with the Digivices, I’m looking for a simple and fun version what is your thoughts and suggestions? :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I just recently got into Digimon, and i'm LOVING the 20th Anniversary version!!! It's only $19.99 on Amazon currently and it has all five versions on ONE device?! (Tbh im kinda disappointed that they didn't do something like that for the tamagotchi 20th Anniversary? Like at least both the P1 and P2 on one device, cmon.)

In total it has 114 characters I believe, and you can raise two at once on one device, as well as connect it to another device!

https://www.jtoys.com.au/2017/12/07/digimon-digivice-ver20th-exclusives-growth-charts/

I definitely recommend checking it out ;)

I second @mimitchi ^o^'s suggestion - the 20th Anniversary Digimon or an original vintage one are the best places to start (though obviously a vintage model won't offer the sheer amount of Digivolutions and features that the 20th Anniversary version has). :) The 20th Anniversary can even connect to the vintages and several other versions, which lets you get more out of both devices, too!

Wow, that source is way better than the one I was using!!! Thanks! :D  
Glad to help! :D  If you click on each individual picture, it also opens up more info on that Digimon, showing it's sleep time, power level, attribute, and who it evolves to/from.

Also, if you click on the 3 lines in the top right corner, it opens up a drop-down menu with more topics, like a user manual, the Digimons you will face in Colosseum, and version exclusive Digimon.

This page (https://wikimon.net/Digital_Monster_Ver.20th) also has some helpful hints and worth a read-through! You can't go wrong with the Digimon 20th, it's mega fun, just keep an eye on it, they poop A LOT when you're raising 2 together, and 4 poops on screen will get your Digipals sick instantly (and it only takes a bit more than 2 hours to accumulate 4 poops from my experience).

just keep an eye on it, they poop A LOT when you're raising 2 together, and 4 poops on screen will get your Digipals sick instantly (and it only takes a bit more than 2 hours to accumulate 4 poops from my experience).
That's a big change from the originals, which just don't get sick from excessive poop exposure at all! It adds more to the experience, though, so it sounds like a positive change to me. :p

That's a big change from the originals, which just don't get sick from excessive poop exposure at all! It adds more to the experience, though, so it sounds like a positive change to me. :p
Wow that's weird 😕 What's the point of pooping then if they don't get sick from it? That's usually the threat that comes from poop.

Yeah it definitely sounds like a positive change in regard to how it feels more interactive. I had read some comments on reddit where some users were saying the poop frequency is a little too high, but thankfully your Digipals could get sick 20 times before they die, and that counter resets every time they evolve into a new stage! :D  

What's the point of pooping then if they don't get sick from it? That's usually the threat that comes from poop.
I'm pretty sure that it still counts towards care-mistakes even so.

but thankfully your Digipals could get sick 20 times before they die, and that counter resets every time they evolve into a new stage! :D  
That's worth knowing - thanks for that! :)

Latest posts

Back