Brand new Gen 2

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m new to this, I bought a Gen 2 “ The original Tamagotchi” the ones from Walmart, three days ago. The sound works when it wants to (when it poo’s and gets sick.) I’ve already had a tam die at age 2, it didn’t beep to tell me it was Sick. ( only ten min went by since I checked it) and it then went all crazy and it died. I’m on A second Pet now, ( I reset it to get a new egg) it made sounds two times when it pooped but now it just pooped and the sound never went off? Should it be making sounds to poo? And shouldn’t it be making sounds when Sick? I also woke up this morning and the sound was disabled I had to turn the sound back on. Is this a bad Tam?

Attachments

• 4450C21A-12D0-4A07-A9FD-F61F3D099368.jpeg
    4450C21A-12D0-4A07-A9FD-F61F3D099368.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 4
the only time the Tamagotchi sound is off is when you actually turn it off by pressing both B and C together. From what I can tell you fed your tamas too many snacks that’s why they keep dying! :-(

Best thing to do is play the game with your tamagotchi and make sure you don’t feed it snacks a lot.

Regarding the sounds, whenever you scroll between the icons do you hear the sound of it? Or when you play with your tama is there any sound at all?

the only time the Tamagotchi sound is off is when you actually turn it off by pressing both B and C together. From what I can tell you fed your tamas too many snacks that’s why they keep dying! :-(

Best thing to do is play the game with your tamagotchi and make sure you don’t feed it snacks a lot.

Regarding the sounds, whenever you scroll between the icons do you hear the sound of it? Or when you play with your tama is there any sound at all?
The sound is on all the time. It beeps for discipline and attention and navigating through the tools . The game sounds work. The sound worked when it went to sleep. I turned the light off. It slept over night for 10 hours. When I woke up this morning. No sounds at all, I saw on here to hit A and C together for sound. That did in fact turn the sound on. But it’s not making a sound when it poops. It also got sick this morning and didn’t make a sound. As for the food, ( as I only so far lost one Tam, which is the snack and which is the meal? ) I assumed the smaller item on top is the meal and the larger is the snack so I don’t think I over fed it..)

Tamagotchi P2 do not beep for poop or illness; it's not a defect with your device. They only beep for attention calls -- when Hungry or Happy hit 0 or when they are misbehaving.

ETA: The top icon (burger) is the meal and the second icon (cake) is the snack.

ETA2: The sickness skull icon appears when they are dying, but it doesn't mean they are dying of illness. Just means they are dying. Also, it easily dies if you feed it snacks (even if you are just feeding it to fill up the Happy meter).

Last edited:
Oh yes, they're stealth poopers. They may not always call for attention when they're sick...it's part of what makes the classics challenging. You really have to pay attention!

Hope your P2 grows on you :)

The sound is on all the time. It beeps for discipline and attention and navigating through the tools . The game sounds work. The sound worked when it went to sleep. I turned the light off. It slept over night for 10 hours. When I woke up this morning. No sounds at all, I saw on here to hit A and C together for sound. That did in fact turn the sound on. But it’s not making a sound when it poops. It also got sick this morning and didn’t make a sound. As for the food, ( as I only so far lost one Tam, which is the snack and which is the meal? ) I assumed the smaller item on top is the meal and the larger is the snack so I don’t think I over fed it..)
And again, I lost another Tam at exactly age 3! Uggh it was happy and fed… I purposely only gave it one snack since it was born . This is the second one in 4 days that dies at exact 3 years of age???? Why??

If they're dying at 3, then they've been given more than one snack, because that's a guaranteed death condition on the modern reissues of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 devices (I think it's something like three snacks as a child = death, and they count as care-mistakes later on, too). Has anyone else been playing with the device who might have fed it more snacks?

If that's not the case, before your next attempt I would suggest to use the reset button on the back of the device just to be sure that the memory is initialised properly before you begin a new run. If memory serves, that's mentioned in the instructions somewhere - it's intended to prevent possible glitches.

If they're dying at 3, then they've been given more than one snack, because that's a guaranteed death condition on the modern reissues of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 devices (I think it's something like three snacks as a child = death, and they count as care-mistakes later on, too). Has anyone else been playing with the device who might have fed it more snacks?

If that's not the case, before your next attempt I would suggest to use the reset button on the back of the device just to be sure that the memory is initialised properly before you begin a new run. If memory serves, that's mentioned in the instructions somewhere - it's intended to prevent possible glitches.
The first Tam I lost I fed it snacks, the second Tam that just died at age 3 I only fed it one snack all together and not until it turned 2. I did reset after each death, I didn’t see anything in the instructions but I’ll go back and look again about that. No one else had access to it so it was just me.

This is an obscure idea but try removing the battery and putting it back in. Might sound daft but these reissues sometimes suffer battery glitches if they are not in properly.

Everything else has been explained already. No sound for sickness or bathroom. No sweets to babies its guaranteed death.

Latest posts

Back