Bratz Virtual Buddiez

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redd64

Reaction score
Hi all! Completely unsure if this sort of post is allowed, so bear with me 😅
So as a kid I had a Rem-ie, who I took everywhere with me, and he had a lot of sentimental value. Recently upon going to dig him out of storage, I found that he wasn’t there, and was absolutely heartbroken.
I did some research and found that the Virtual Buddiez line is pretty rare despite being from such a popular brand. Is anyone able to tell me why? I couldn’t find much information on them at all.
At that, I was also wondering if anyone had one in their collection at all that they’d be willing to part with. I’d do anything to have a replacement Rem-ie, as he meant so much to me as a kid.

Attachments

• E4A0D32E-FA21-44BF-A88D-521308EE61AF.jpeg
    E4A0D32E-FA21-44BF-A88D-521308EE61AF.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 0
Wow! I never knew that these even existed! :oo (And perhaps that answers one of your questions?)

I did some research and found that the Virtual Buddiez line is pretty rare despite being from such a popular brand. Is anyone able to tell me why? I couldn’t find much information on them at all.
Sometimes spin-offs and side-products, even from popular brands, go unnoticed if they don't overlap with the "main" product line. In this case, perhaps electronic pets weren't a good match for a fashion-doll brand?

At that, I was also wondering if anyone had one in their collection at all that they’d be willing to part with. I’d do anything to have a replacement Rem-ie, as he meant so much to me as a kid.
Unfortunately we don't allow sales or trades here, as it has caused trouble in the past. However, there are virtual pet sales platforms/groups out there - I haven't used them myself, but hopefully other members who have experience of them will be able to point you in the right direction. :smile2:

A lot of popular brands/franchises/movies have had virtual pet tie-ins - there's even a Batman Giga Pet! Or the one that was made to promote the Golden Compass movie from 2007. Pre-2010's it seems like virtual pets were viewed as disposable toys or weren't taken as seriously as more "collectable" toys like action figures and dolls. Because of this there's a lot of virtual pets that have fallen to obscurity - things are a lot different now in terms of archiving and collecting virtual pets, but there's still many out there that are relatively unknown. It's also possible when people read the phrase "bratz virtual buddiez" they confuse it with the Miuchiz tie-in with the brand, which was a similar product.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find your Virtual Buddiez. I did some searching of my own and couldn't find anything about it - the image you posted in this thread was one of the first results on Google Images! Your best luck is to follow the Bratz Virtual Buddiez search on Ebay and similar websites. (Etsy occasionally has decent deals on virtual pets, but sadly they do not have one of these Bratz V-Pets there currently).

If you don't mind me asking, what do you remember of this pet? I've never came across one of these before.

Wow! I never knew that these even existed! :oo (And perhaps that answers one of your questions?)

Sometimes spin-offs and side-products, even from popular brands, go unnoticed if they don't overlap with the "main" product line. In this case, perhaps electronic pets weren't a good match for a fashion-doll brand?

Unfortunately we don't allow sales or trades here, as it has caused trouble in the past. However, there are virtual pet sales platforms/groups out there - I haven't used them myself, but hopefully other members who have experience of them will be able to point you in the right direction. :smile2:
Thank you so much for letting me know!
I have no idea which countries they were even released in- I’m from the UK and I’m pretty sure they were sold in Argos, not sure about anywhere else. As far as I know they tied into their ‘Tokyo-a-go-go’ line of Bratz, which I don’t think was super popular to begin with :(

A lot of popular brands/franchises/movies have had virtual pet tie-ins - there's even a Batman Giga Pet! Or the one that was made to promote the Golden Compass movie from 2007. Pre-2010's it seems like virtual pets were viewed as disposable toys or weren't taken as seriously as more "collectable" toys like action figures and dolls. Because of this there's a lot of virtual pets that have fallen to obscurity - things are a lot different now in terms of archiving and collecting virtual pets, but there's still many out there that are relatively unknown. It's also possible when people read the phrase "bratz virtual buddiez" they confuse it with the Miuchiz tie-in with the brand, which was a similar product.

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find your Virtual Buddiez. I did some searching of my own and couldn't find anything about it - the image you posted in this thread was one of the first results on Google Images! Your best luck is to follow the Bratz Virtual Buddiez search on Ebay and similar websites. (Etsy occasionally has decent deals on virtual pets, but sadly they do not have one of these Bratz V-Pets there currently).

If you don't mind me asking, what do you remember of this pet? I've never came across one of these before.
Oh wow, a Batman virtual pet? That sounds awesome! I wonder what it was like. I’m even more surprised about the Golden Compass, very random!

I’ve definitely come across their ‘Muchiez’ virtual pets a few times on eBay, they seem to be a lot less rare than the Bratz Botz :(
I’ve got saved searches on EBay, but I didn’t think to check Etsy- thank you so much for the suggestion!

I remember more than anything that Rem-ie was very difficult to take care of 😂 I have a V2 Tamagotchi and I’m pretty sure he was even more difficult than that.
I don’t remember much about the minigames that it claims to include, but I remember that in order to entertain him, there was a little record player he’d do a little dance to, and it would play the tune of Camptown Races, it was pretty cute :) you’d have to feed him, and clean up his poop and whatnot like a tamagotchi, and you could connect to other Virtual Buddiez, which I assume would be similar to linking tamas, but I didn’t know anyone else who had one.
Physical-wise, he had a keychain clip on the back of him that I used to clip to the zipper of my hoodie when I was a kid and carry him around everywhere. He also had a pretty simple plastic tail that would rotate in a circular motion, and all-in-all he was pretty sturdy!

I have only ran the Batman virtual pet once and it's pretty weird. You choose a character and train them to become a better fighter. I chose Bane and I think I accidentally killed him. 💀

Mercari might be worth browsing too. I've seen old virtual pets being sold on there, but I've never used it so I don't know much about the website. I'd also suggest maybe doing some vague searches for it, like "vintage virtual pet cat". There's a chance someone out there might be selling one but they don't know what it is!

Thanks for the info! It sounds like a really cute pet. Shame there's not more info about it online. :(

Last edited:
Hi Found this post on random google search...I worked on the Virtual Buddiez and Miuchiz! I was one who probably made Remie too hard...I am pretty sure we designed and coded it in a few weeks...Glad the OP enjoyed playing with it!!
I’m only just seeing this now, wow thank you for your comment! That’s amazing! Is there any other information you can give us about the making of the pets? Like any cut features etc? :)

It was a while back, so my memory is probably off but we made interactive versions of the charms that came with the dolls(i think). There were mini robots and the virtual pets. I think we did the design in a week or so cribbing from tamagotchi and other virtual pets. We had an animator do all the graphics and then sent the design flowchart and graphics to the factory which did the programming. We then spent another week tuning it. (so I am sure the tuning is off and there are some bugs). I can't recall what we cut, but I'm sure there were some details that didn't make it. I think we also recycled the flow for other MGA virtual pets toys like Rescue pets.

So as a kid I had a Rem-ie, who I took everywhere with me, and he had a lot of sentimental value. Recently upon going to dig him out of storage, I found that he wasn’t there, and was absolutely heartbroken.
Hi I have the whole collection boxed of these Bratz Botz Buddies including REM-IE to sell if you ar
Hi I have boxed Bratz Buddies including REM-IE I am looking to sell let me know if you are still looking for one.

Latest posts

Back