Broken button

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vino

Reaction score
heya guys !! My friends v2 tamagotchi is missing the middle button and we were wondering is it possible to replace it somehow? 🤔 Otherwise the tama is working fine!

Attachments

• IMG-20211210-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20211210-WA0007.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20211210-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20211210-WA0006.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3
You can purchase a fake tamagotchi and replace the buttons. That require you opening your friend’s V2 to be able to do it, and I don’t think I can help with that I’m afraid! :-(

yeah, youll likely need to find a broken v2 and use its buttons as a donor, or to find a fake and do the same thing like iAM suggested. altho, i feel like if you were to find a piece of something that fits in the hole (like a cut up qtip stick or something) i feel like you could glue it to the rubber button plate and get the same results? regardless, the unit needs to be opened, but the insides of tamas are pretty straight forward!

Hmmm, as the A & B buttons are GENERALLY more necessary for everything and will timeout after a while(idk about the V2 I have one incoming, but it might be necessary for the minigames) you MIGHT be able to temporarily fix it by opening it up, and cutting the button rubber bits (cut off as little as possible, that flat bit by the board helps stabilize everything) and essentially putting the C button where the B button goes. That ought to do the trick at least until you find replacement buttons if you want to try running it right away. Just know that it'll make it so you can't cancel out of a menu, go backwards when setting your birthday or time if you make a mistake when setting them(although time is easy enough to change later), and it might make a few minigames unplayable in the meantime(although as it is now, it'd be rather cumbersome to play. The qtipbtrick would likely work but it sounds awful for minigames :-().

If my explanation is a bit weird and confusing, LMK, I can record a video of me dissasembling a tama(I need to tinker around in a few anyway); sometimes visuals help a lot. (^~^)ゞ

Edit: did a little drawing. This is an approximation of what you'll find. You'll only need to do two snips and maybe trim to fit if it doesn't set properly initially. You'll see how it fits in the shell, don't force anything.

Also, cover the hole where the c button goes to keep out dirt and debris. You don't want to cause unnecessary damage to the contact underneath. Washi tape or a good sticker should suffice.

Edit 2: as easy as a temporary fix like this feels to me, obviously do this at your own risk. :tongue:
Screenshot_20211211-074402_S Note.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! I would advise you to buy an original tamagotchi (usually new clones have hard plastic buttons and they don't always fit perfectly) and change the buttons. Any version from v1 to v6 will work for you, you can find some at a good price if they sell them for parts (broken).
But as they tell you, it is very easy to open it! You just have to be careful not to detach the sound cables.

Latest posts

Back