Can't Believe I'm Back Here: a Tama Log :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psychotama

Reaction score
It’s been a while but I’m back. I’ve been out of the tama game for a long time now. My obsession was at its peak around 2016-2018 and I gradually lost steam due to multiple reasons including crippling depression in grad school and an addiction to League of Legends. I’ve raised a couple of tamas here and there since then but it hasn’t lasted long. Tamas will always hold a very special place in my heart even if I’m not actively playing with them. They’ve been a part of my life since 2004 when I was in 4th grade 😊 (I know, I’m so old now it’s disgusting).

Anyway, what’s brought me back here is my purchase of the 25th Anniversary P1 tama that recently came out. I’m on the Tama collectors FB group and I kept seeing people with it and I had to have it. So I impulse bought one on Amazon Sunday night and it arrived yesterday afternoon 😊 It’s even prettier in person. Chilling with my tamas and writing here brings me back to a time where I was really content and happy in life. It’s not been that way for a lot of the past few years, so I’m hoping this might help to bring me back to that place. Grad school honestly killed my soul. I’m working on my doctorate right now, so I guess I’m just a glutton for punishment. Thankfully this degree has been a much better experience so far than my Master’s. Don’t major in music performance kids, It’s a recipe for self-hatred and depression (only half joking 😊) I’ve at least been doing well with music lately. Getting lots of orchestra gigs and just played for a really cool sold-out concert with IL Divo, a famous opera-pop fusion vocal group. It was lots of fun (and paid really well 😉)

I’m home for spring break right now and figured it was a good time to start up a tama. I only have this P1 running right now. I may start up some more later but I want to ease back into the tama life.

As for the tama, I currently have a 3 year old Marutchi. I’m not going for any particular character, just gonna see what I end up with. I’ve taken mixed care of it so far. He has full discipline but I have done a decent amount of neglecting because I fell asleep for longer than I anticipated the other day…oops. I feel like I’ll still get Tamatchi but who knows. I’d honestly be happy with Kuchitamatchi because I rarely ever get the unhealthy characters.

Marutchi and I are spending most of the week here at my boyfriends place. Just hanging out, playing games, watching shows/movies, eating too much. You know, the good life. Right now the bf is taking a nap so we’re just sitting here writing this post. I’ll probably start a new book afterwards. I picked up You by Caroline Kepnes at Barnes and Noble the other day. My sister recommended it and said it’s been made into a really good show. So I’m excited to see what it’s about!

Well, I guess that’s all I have for now. Let’s see how long I last this time. If you’re curious, you can check out the link in my sig. I had a log here years ago that I updated a ton. Back in the good old days. If you’re a vintage tama enthusiast it might be of some interest. I raised lots of original P1 and P2, Morino, Angelgotch, etc. There’s also plenty of documentation of my crazy life in undergrad haha. I really miss those days.

Even if I never post again, it’s felt great to be back here. I joined this site when I was like 11 years old…crazy to think about. Oh well, bye!

Attachments

• 20220308_132643.jpg
    20220308_132643.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 14
Welcome back!
There are only 24 hours in a day, we have a lot of worries and obligations and sometimes we can't manage it all 🤷🏻‍♂️

Series we want to follow but can't because we don't have time to do it, we have books we don't have time to read, movies we can't watch and games we don't have time to play...😴 but well, we can always take some extra minutes to take care of a little Tamagotchi.

Good luck with your new incursion into tama life!

(I don't know if all the sentences make sense in English, sorry if something is misspelled)

I know you posted this a while ago but it's so good to see a post from you. I adored your older logs, I read those in like 2017 I think! It really was a different time back then, hope you're going okay!

Latest posts

Back