Can't get battery out of a V3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamagotchiTreasury

Reaction score
Need help. My tamagotchi V3 takes a single large cell battery. But it is "clipped in" and I cannot lift it out without breaking the clips. Can some one help please I have no idea what to do. It's got to small clips holding it in at one end and a long clip holding it in at the other. Can't seem to slide it out at all

Do you see the little indent between the two smaller clips? You should be able to use that to get underneath it and gently pry it out, pushing it back from the small clips. There's a bit of wiggle room on the long clip side if I remember correctly, since that's the way one would put in a battery. Also if your nails are really short like mine you may have to use something small to pry it out (I used to use a screwdriver as a kid, although that's probably not the best solution).

I haven't done this in a while though so sorry if that doesn't work.

Do you see the little indent between the two smaller clips? You should be able to use that to get underneath it and gently pry it out, pushing it back from the small clips. There's a bit of wiggle room on the long clip side if I remember correctly, since that's the way one would put in a battery. Also if your nails are really short like mine you may have to use something small to pry it out (I used to use a screwdriver as a kid, although that's probably not the best solution).

I haven't done this in a while though so sorry if that doesn't work.
Yeah it worked, I used a micro flat-head screw driver and it popped out. Hate risking damaging these, glad it was ok. Thanks.

While I'm on the subject though, I just tried to put a new battery in my Tamagotchi Music Star. Battery was fine, Tamagotchi has been well looked after. But it wont work. I don't know why. It's been kept so good theres not even a scratch on the screen. No corrosion inside the shell from the old battery. What on Earth is wrong with it?

EDIT: Never mind, its working now. Weird, eh/

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it worked, I used a micro flat-head screw driver and it popped out. Hate risking damaging these, glad it was ok. Thanks.

While I'm on the subject though, I just tried to put a new battery in my Tamagotchi Music Star. Battery was fine, Tamagotchi has been well looked after. But it wont work. I don't know why. It's been kept so good theres not even a scratch on the screen. No corrosion inside the shell from the old battery. What on Earth is wrong with it?

EDIT: Never mind, its working now. Weird, eh/
Glad to hear it worked! I'm pretty sure that's the way they were intended to be taken out so as long as you go slow it should be fine. I did it for years as a careless kid and never broke anything.

That is weird about the Music Star, but I'm glad it's working now!

Latest posts

Back