Christmas 2018 Hatch Log!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
Hello everyone! The hatch doesn't start until tomorrow, but I decided to make the topic in advance for early hatches and people in other time zones. ^_^  Happy hatching!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! Sorry I've appeared so early, but it's already Christmas where I live and I have some logging to do!

Anyway, I am actually out on holidays in a quite tropical area of Australia - so while many of you are making snow angels, I am dripping in sweat and turning red in the bare sun! ...Well, not quite like that, but it is still fairly polarizing to the northern hemisphere.

The Tamagotchi I decided to hatch is my Connexion Version 1 (European). It is a very ratty specimen that my sister found abandoned in the playground one day. It is a bare black shell with barely any paint except for an almost-illegible Tamagotchi logo. Since I acquired it, its original white buttons have been replaced by mismatching purple ones, and its back cover is a red one from a donor Tamagotchi that I now cannot remember. As a result, it is the closest thing to a "paddock basher" Tamagotchi that you can get. Despite all its dents, scratches and lack of collectors' value however, its internals work perfectly fine.

I haven't run this one in my usual roster recently since the Version 's features are a bit barebones (not to mention it has no built-in pause function). However, its low-maintenance nature and unique animations/sounds make it a great example for the occasional group hatch. Not to mention, its damaged shell makes it an ideal candidate for portability since I don't have to worry about protecting the paint or anything.

Now, onto the hatch itself! I woke up at about 8:00 AM and started my Version 1 after breakfast. I put a battery in it and let the egg wiggle away until it hatched into a female ShoiroBabytchi!

DSCN2103.png

I named the baby "Cake" because of all the Christmas treats I am indulging in. Not a common name in my roster, I must admit, but special events must call for unusual measures.

Cake was generally cared for quite well. She was tended perfectly for the first 40 minutes, but afterwards I left her fore about 10 minutes accidentally, leaving her at just 1 heart on each meter! Oh well, at least it doesn't affect her evolution this generation.

After the usual hour, Cake evolved into Marutchi for her Child stage. At the moment, she is rolling around copiously as I write this log entry. I will update tomorrow when Cake becomes a teenager. But for now, it's time for stats!

DSCN2104.png

Stats for Cake (Version 1, Black shell)
Hunger: 4/4 hearts
Happiness: 4/4 hearts
Training: 2/9 bars
Weight: 13 lb
Generation: 1G
Stage: Child
Evolution: ShiroBabytchi > Marutchi

~

Thanks for reading, and a merry Christmas to you all! I'll post here again tomorrow.

Q4G0zns.jpg

Merry Christmas!

I'm also in Australia (albeit the extreme south, literally the last town at the end of the road at the edge of the southernmost state) so it's also a little warm today :p

I'm going to run my Meets! Magical version, and so today I made sure to get my tamagotchi married off! They hatched a lil bundle of pigtailed joy.

S8oD7cX.jpg

She's a cutiepumpkin, and I think I accidentally named her Nojikuka. I hope she gets lots of robot traits from her extended family! (Especially grandpa-- look at that grumpy face ehehe).

33v6AYm.jpg

Edit, a few hours later:

Nojikuka grew up a little bit! Not worth a whole new post- but I'm very pleased because she seems to have the cute robot headpiece! 

Time to pack up and move into your own place, girl~ 

iPfHM5v.jpg

Hi again! Cake cruised along pretty well yesterday, and has evolved into an Ichigotchi for her Teenager stage!

DSCN2105.png

I think that Ichigotchi suits Cake's name very well, since you often see a lot of strawberries on cakes! I actually saw a cake with strawberries on it today, coincidentally.

I had only a couple of slip-ups since last post. The most prominent of them was when I let Cake's hearts fall to two on each meter shortly after she became an Ichigotchi. As a result I doubt I can get Mametchi for the adult stage - it'll likely be Kuchipatchi unless I do any more mistakes. However I do welcome this, because I get Mametchi a lot and Kuchipatchi not nearly as much on my other Tamas. Additionally, Kuchipatchi would suit Cake's name better since Kuchipatchi would eat 10 cakes a day! Indeed, Kuchipatchi would be a good representation of the gluttonous behaviour of humankind at Christmas time. Either way, I will see in a few more days.

Cake is already 3 years old because I accidentally had the clock set on the wrong time and she fell asleep early yesterday afternoon. As a result I changed the time and woke her up again, aging her by a year. But oh well, it's not like the Version 1's age counter is the most reliable anyway.

Time for stats!

Training: 6/9 bars
Weight: 24 lb
Stage: Teenager
Evolution: ShiroBabytchi > Marutchi > Ichigotchi

~

Thanks again for reading, and have a happy Boxing Day!

Happy boxing day to you too, Hohotchi!

It's nice to see CAKE getting along so well! My little Nojikukatchi is looking a little more like a devilish teenager today- she grew up and got little horns as well as a clockwork tail. Ooooo!

Y8zLUW8.jpg

Nothing of much note happened for her today- I spent most the day at work so she spent most of the day asleep. She did go out and meet a friend or two in the gardening town, though! There was a big fluffy sheepyfriend in town and they planted a garden together. 

sJLurua.jpg

I'm so excited to see what kind of eyes she grows into, and if she'll get bigger horns! Lets go into a new day and a new adventure!

OK, I lost my Gudetama Nano. I will hatch it when I find it though. Here is my M!x.

Mix 1.jpg

Mix 3.jpg

I find that fuzzy white fluff ball very annoying because he kept showing up and throwing snowballs at my Tama. 

Mix4.jpg

Mix 2.jpg

I hatched this one on Christmas Eve. I really wanted to hatch my Gudetama on Christmas Eve, but I was visiting relatives and left it at their place. Unfortunately, I will be late on hatching Gudetama. 

Mix5_45_1_45.jpg

Hi! Just a small update today. Cake is now on the last day of her Teenager stage and should become an adult shortly. I paused her for half a day yesterday since I went out swimming at the beach and wasn't confident I could tend to her well enough.

My care has overall been a bit sloppy since last update, owing to holiday distractions. I've left her to two hearts a few more times , and I additionally left her light on last night (accidentally); I left her for more than an hour, so when I next checked on her she was asleep with her attention icon already off. Oops! Owing to this I believe I have regressed below the Kuchipatchi tier. I think that I'll now either get Tarakotchi or Hanatchi for the adult stage. I am not quite as familiar with the Version 1's tier tolerances as the Version 2 or 3, so I can't be completely sure.

I'll let you know when Cake evolves. Here are her current stats!

Training: 9/9 bars
Weight: 22 lb
Stage: Teenager
Evolution: ShiroBabytchi > Marutchi > Ichigotchi

~

Thanks again for reading! I'll be back soon.

Hello everyone! I'm happy to see that the hatch has been going well. Sorry I haven't been posting. I don't really have any excuses for it... I've just been enjoying my time off. :p  

I know I said I was going to hatch an Angelgotchi, but I actually got a Unicorn GigpetAR for Christmas! I named my unicorn Ruby and I immediately began to tend to her needs. However, she kept rejecting my care and I couldn't understand why. It wasn't until I read the instructions that I realized that she was up too early and that's why she was ignoring me (my family gets up early to open presents). So, I had to wait for half an hour before I could actually start playing with her.

I've never had a Gigapet before, so it's all new to me. So far, it kind of reminds me of those Littlest Pet Shop Digital Pets that came out in like 2007. It has cute animations and easy, but fun, minigames. Although, I find that it's much needier than a Tamagotchi. Its stats seem to drop relatively fast after I take care of it, but maybe it's just because I'm on Christmas vacation and I'm losing track of time. :p  Also, I think I may be experiencing a small glitch with it? Maybe I'm just not understanding what needs to be done, but the bathroom icon will light up like she needs something when she doesn't. It normally happens after I've finished tending to her other needs (like hunger and happiness). The icon will light up, but she refuses when I select it. Not sure what it's all about, but it doesn't bother me too much. 

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun raising Ruby! She's been switching between unicorn and alicorn on and off depending on how full her stats are. Other than that, Ruby hasn't been up to much. Now it's time for:

-Stats-

Species: Alicorn

Score: 96

Hunger: 95

Discipline: 100

Health: 100

Happiness: 90

Weight: 6lbs

Hello again! Guess what? I was wrong!

DSCN2106.png

Cake evolved into a Kuchipatchi yesterday afternoon, which has been very fitting to her name and time period. Since then she has been quite easy to care for and thus fitting for my holiday activities!

I was quite surprised at her becoming a Kuchipatchi despite my care. This would definitely downgrade to the middle tier in the Version 2. I later read that getting 3 or more care mistakes results in either Tarakotchi or Hinatchi (based on whether you give better physical or emotional care), so the Version 1 seems to be less sensitive in this particular respect.

I will come home from my holiday tomorrow, so Cake will finish her run at home with my other Tamagotchis. I will let you know when Cake breeds via the Matchmaker. But for now, it's time for stats!

Weight: 34 lb
Stage: Adult
Evolution: ShiroBabytchi > Marutchi > Ichigotchi > Kuchipatchi

~

Thanks for reading, and have a happy new year!

Hello again!

DSCN2107.png

Cake had her daughter via the Matchmaker yesterday evening. She has been spending time with me at home since I got back from my holiday two days ago. I will unpause my other active Tamagotchis after Cake leaves and continue my normal logging afterwards. I have decided, however, to continue running this Version 1 alongside the others for another generation, since I want to experience the Version 1's exclusive animations, games and sounds for a bit longer. Additionally, most of the Tamagotchis in my running Connections are boys and it would be nice to have at least one breeding pair! You will see this in my normal log in a couple of days.

I will show one final update after Cake leaves her baby. Here are Cake's stats!

Weight: 31 lb
Stage: Adult (Parent)
Evolution: ShiroBabytchi > Marutchi > Ichigotchi > Kuchipatchi

~

Thanks again for reading! I hope 2019 is serving you nicely.

Hello, yet again! Cake left her baby last night, ending her tenure in our Christmas 2018 hatch! Luckily, I was awake and managed to see her off!

DSCN2108.png

Farewell, Cake! You were a great companion these holidays, despite my slip-ups in care.

Currently, Cake's daughter is crying and awaiting a name. I will probably start her tomorrow after I update my normal log and unpause the others.

DSCN2109.png

Thank you to everyone else who participated in this hatch along with me! I found it very enjoyable, and I can't wait to join another group hatch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back