Collection Storage

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iAM

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello Tama lover!  :)

I hope everyone is doing good.  :lol:

It feels great being back again after a long time. Hopefully the new changes and routine will bring me back to my favorite hobby.

I’ve been thinking about making a topic to show you all how I store my collection for quite sometime now, and thought this is the opportunity to do it. I would love for people to join the discussion and share their methods of how they keep their tamagotchis safe. :)  

My collection 

This is my humble collection box: 

21-DDDE0-A-EC6-E-42-A9-A8-E4-2-B692-DA9997-E.jpg

I got the box from ikea and thought this is the right size for my tamagotchis. Unfortunately it wasn’t enough so I had to bubble wrap the rest and put hide them in the closet.

Storing my collection:

Here’s a list of all the things I used:

- Bubble wrap

- Double face sticker

- Zipper bags

- Large container/tupperware 

That cost me around = $15.

First I bubble wrapped the bottom and sides of the container to make sure that nothing gets inside the box. I also wrapped the the lid of the container as you can see below: 

865-A6-EDE-E79-A-44-DA-9-AA1-4702-FCC81-C66.jpg

F5701651-EA28-40-EE-92-E7-C2-A7-BCA50-A10.jpg

The red arrow and circle shows where I put the double face sticker so it can hold the bubble wrap.

For the zipper bags, I use them for the unboxed/opened tamagotchis and also for the vintage aka “expensive” ones so extra protection.  :rolleyes:

A273883-D-9-D58-4-C01-8-A1-D-BD6-F423-F0547.jpg

Finally, I put an extra bubble wrap sheet on top of the collection before I close it, because I’m that paranoid of the sandstorms we sometimes get in the middle east and I just want to make sure that my tamas are safe.  :D

That’s it, hope you enjoyed this thread. Would like to see how people store their collection. :)

Woah yours are super safe! Mine are just all loose in a heavy drawer to keep them safe from sunlight. I'm scared to get anymore because I don't want to stack them on top of each other. 😳

My virtual pets just live in a cotton bag on my desk. I'm not really worried about them being loose in there since the only time that it gets moved is when I want to get one out or put one back in. :p

It’s safe to put them on top of each other if you have a bubble wrap in between 😊
I also like being able to see them easily and not having to unwrap them to know what's inside. I already have to pull tarot decks out of pouches to know which one I'm getting, enough to know I'd hate it if I had to unwrap tamas. 😅
If it wasn't for sunlight yellowing plastics, I'd have them all displayed on a shelf like in my old place. It was a dark and gloomy room so not much of a chance for sun yellowing them, but here, TOO much light everywhere except the bathroom. 😳

My favorite storage method I have for myself, are combination briefcases with foam padding inside. I cut out the exact shape for the Tamagotchi to fit into, in the foam, and they stay in there without falling or moving around. I also like that it has a combination lock on it, that way nobody can open it without the code. I like that they're vintage briefcases from the 1920's too, it gives a nice look to their storage aspect. It can be used as decor. The foam padding is on the top and bottom of the briefcase, so there is no movement when transporting them elsewhere.

Mine are just kinda haphazardly thrown in a storage tub lol. Though I have the original boxes/casing for all of them so that seems like enough protection to me. My Digimon are all on a shelf because their boxes make for easy shelf storage :p I admire your intricate bubble wrap box, though!

20211230_001441.jpg
At the risk of necro-ing a dead thread, I finally admitted to myself, it was getting out of hand enough that I needed to invest in some sort of storage setup.

Keeping in mind my laziness, I knew I'd hate a system of unwrapping things to identify/access them.
I found this ornament container in the holiday section at my nearest walmart, I'm honestly stoked with it for $10 USD.
Red plastic potentially leeching into them is one of my concerns, so I might soon line the container with white linen to prevent staining, but for now they're in there in the buff :biggrin:

00C64F5E-6133-4BD5-B498-39EEA18009C3.jpeg
I keep my Tamagotchis/Vpets in a makeup organizer on my bookcase. It has just enough space to house my entire collection, but I'm probably a couple of tamas away from needing to rehouse them. I'd also like to apologize for the bright, yet somewhat ominous, lighting on this photo. There's no great way for me to properly light my bookcase.:tongue:

View attachment 6869
I keep my Tamagotchis/Vpets in a makeup organizer on my bookcase. It has just enough space to house my entire collection, but I'm probably a couple of tamas away from needing to rehouse them. I'd also like to apologize for the bright, yet somewhat ominous, lighting on this photo. There's no great way for me to properly light my bookcase.:tongue:
Jinjirtochi looks like he wants to have a *serious* talk :oo:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back