COME,ON BANDAI! GIVE US THE TAMAGOTCHI ANIME!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we really complain about Bandai doing what actually sells, though? ;) Bring on the doughnuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we really complain about Bandai doing what actually sells, though? ;) Bring on the doughnuts!
Complaining the Situation,What they Actually Sell is the Original Tamagotchi (Due to Nostalgia of Kids) and The Angry Mametchi Fan Said Come on Bandai Give Us the Tamagotchi Anime! (He is Maybe @Timogotchi19 If Applicable?)

Complaining the Situation,What they Actually Sell is the Original Tamagotchi (Due to Nostalgia of Kids) and The Angry Mametchi Fan Said Come on Bandai Give Us the Tamagotchi Anime! (He is Maybe @Timogotchi19 If Applicable?)
Yes, I understand what happened. ;)

My point is that Bandai is doing what sells. Anime shows like the Tamagotchi one typically do not do well in the US market, but new Tamagotchi releases, retro or modern, do sell.

I believe that a tie-in TV series is a good marketing tool, but this particular show won't work for that task - we only need to look at what the localisers and licensors felt had to be done with the YooHoo & Friends animated show to see how badly a Tamagotchi anime dub would turn out. The US market just isn't receptive to cute shows like this.

Yes, I understand what happened. ;)

My point is that Bandai is doing what sells. Anime shows like the Tamagotchi one typically do not do well in the US market, but new Tamagotchi releases, retro or modern, do sell.

I believe that a tie-in TV series is a good marketing tool, but this particular show won't work for that task - we only need to look at what the localisers and licensors felt had to be done with the YooHoo & Friends animated show to see how badly a Tamagotchi anime dub would turn out. The US market just isn't receptive to cute shows like this.
But The Outside of US Market Looks like is Receptive to Cute Shows like This.

But The Outside of US Market Looks like is Receptive to Cute Shows like This.
That doesn't matter - the US is a huge market that would be chosen as the default target for an English-language dub of such a show. That's why it's very unlikely to happen.

Latest posts

Back