Compatibility Question!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KameMelodic

Reaction score
Hello!

I own a Tamagotchi V5, and have been looking into getting a tama for my partner (who also holds an interest towards them). I was originally trying to find another V5, but looking at the hundreds of dollars they’re going for, decided to head towards the newer versions instead. I was wondering if the newly released Tamagotchis are compatible with the old ones? Specifically, in my case, the V5 connection. Thank you all in advance!

unfortunately, only connection-type devices (as in V1, V2, V3, etc.) can connect to each other. the connections use infrared (like tv remotes do). newer models generally use different tech to connect, such as the pix using qr codes, or the ON using bluetooth. and even when newer devices do use some IR tech, they don't have any compatibility with connection devices. they were never programmed with that sort of functionality in mind. (and i'm not sure about this, but i think V5's might not be able to connect with anything other than another V5 or a music star? someone can probably correct me if i'm wrong)

i hope you still find something nice for your partner, though! i'm partial to the pix, and they're inexpensive in comparison to a V5. i suggest looking into something newer for yourself as well as your partner, if you really want to be able to play together. :)

unfortunately, only connection-type devices (as in V1, V2, V3, etc.) can connect to each other. the connections use infrared (like tv remotes do). newer models generally use different tech to connect, such as the pix using qr codes, or the ON using bluetooth. and even when newer devices do use some IR tech, they don't have any compatibility with connection devices. they were never programmed with that sort of functionality in mind. (and i'm not sure about this, but i think V5's might not be able to connect with anything other than another V5 or a music star? someone can probably correct me if i'm wrong)

i hope you still find something nice for your partner, though! i'm partial to the pix, andante,ct they're inexpensive in comparison to a V5. i suggest looking into something newer for yourself as well as your partner, if you really want to be able to play together. :)
Ahhh, thank you so much for your help!!! I’ll definitely have to go research that, thank you for the suggestion!! :D

Latest posts

Back