Connection Re-release Incoming?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like it could very well be happening. Maybe even a relaunch of tamatown to go with it?

Tama1.jpg

Tama2.png
I’m only a kid, and as soon as I saw this my Mum started asking me why I was spinning around on the floor!!!!!!

Look at what I found in their replies. They only said no to the TamaTown question - not the Connections one.

It could mean they didn't read the whole tweet or it could mean something more. I don't know.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at what I found in their replies. They only said no to the TamaTown question - not the Connections one.

It could mean they didn't read the whole tweet or it could mean something more. I don't know.

View attachment 258
That just seems very non-committal to me. The folks running these accounts are involved with marketing, so they're going to know about stuff that isn't coming back because they probably get asked about it periodically (hence their words about TamaTown), and they also appear to be avoiding commenting on a rumour that looks like it's being stated as a fact (the Connection part, which was prefaced with "when"), which is standard practise for just about any company.

All that they did here was to ask people to keep viewing their advertising channels - it keeps eyes on their brand. :p

All that they did here was to ask people to keep viewing their advertising channels - it keeps eyes on their brand. :p
Like any smart company, they are also monitoring these channels for demand.  If hints of a pending release land with a thud in the community they don't pursue it. However, if excitement builds and it keeps growing (or goes viral) within the community they know what might result in some good sales (making it worth pursuing a rerelease).

Like any smart company, they are also monitoring these channels for demand.  If hints of a pending release land with a thud in the community they don't pursue it. However, if excitement builds and it keeps growing (or goes viral) within the community they know what might result in some good sales (making it worth pursuing a rerelease).
For sure, and with any luck that's what they're doing, but we can't forget that Twitter and online communities are very small echo-chambers compared to the wider customer-bases that buy their products - no smart company would base a product release on this alone. (This is why, for example, the developers of games that find success on platforms like Kickstarter sometimes find their offerings not being such a huge hit once their game is released to a wider market.)

Please don't get me wrong here and think that I'm being negative (I'm sure that nobody does, but it's good to be clear, I think ;) ) - I really hope that these are hints, but I've seen people get their hopes up over non-committal marketing-speak exactly like this before, only to end up disappointed because that's all that it was. The history of the video game Mother 3 is a really good example of this; The article that I've linked to here covers more than two decades of history (from 1995 to 2018) and even contains quotes from fan discussions about that title from various time-periods, and it really does remind me of how people are responding to some re-used artwork and non-committal wording from Bandai, here.

This actually happening would be a great thing for the toy market as it would help to continue bringing back a dormant product category, and of course it would be fantastic for the dedicated fanbase for the Tamagotchi line and other similar products. I just think that it's important to keep in mind the main goal of commercial social-media presences, as people often make the mistake of thinking that companies are friends and that non-committal marketing text means more than it does, as a result, because they are banking on this aspect of human psychology in order to promote their current wares - or rather, to get people to do that for them for free by re-posting things that will take others to that commercial social-media presence.

As much as it would be awesome to get a Connection rerelease, I think Bandai's priority should be localizing the color editions. I don't know how well remembered the Connection line is to people outside of the fandom. Even if the interest here in America for Tamagotchis is waning again, the color editions would give new life that the English iteration of the franchise desperately needs. Whatever they're planning it would make a fun app.

As much as it would be awesome to get a Connection rerelease, I think Bandai's priority should be localizing the color editions. I don't know how well remembered the Connection line is to people outside of the fandom. Even if the interest here in America for Tamagotchis is waning again, the color editions would give new life that the English iteration of the franchise desperately needs. Whatever they're planning it would make a fun app.
I agree, but I do think the Connection series is more well remembered and beloved than people might think. SO many people in my school had Connections growing up. Almost all of my friends, even outside of school, had one at one point. While not as popular as the originals, they were very popular.

I agree completely that they were popular, but I see many people outside of the v-pet fandom confuse the Connection line with the original releases. I think because of that some audiences might not respond to it thinking that game play wise its interchangeable with the recent rerelease.

@Kurb, please take a moment to familiarise yourself with and follow TamaTalk's rules and guidelines, as you have been in contravention of several of them during the less than 48 hours that you've been here, and the two posts that you've made in this thread are not in line with them. Thanks. :)

oof i said i was sorry 😐
You actually never said that you were sorry - you bumped a thread for the sole purpose of being rude to a stranger, and then when you were politely called out on it you posted a useless one-word reply that said, and I quote, "oop.". Unless I've missed something, there's not a world where this counts as an apology, and if you wanted to acknowledge what @Jhud had said, liking the post would have sufficed.

As you've no doubt seen thus far, we're actually pretty easygoing here at TamaTalk, so please don't make excuses now that you're being politely asked not to break the rules. You haven't been called out in any other thread where you've broken them when you easily could have been.

As TamaTalk's first rule states, "All posts are to be concise, friendly, respectful and with the intention of positive contribution towards TamaTalk.". Neither "Uh, have you been living under a rock? Look up Tamagotchi On." or "oop." align with what is asked of TamaTalk members. We only ask that you please don't continue to post in ignorance of the rules. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back