Custom Shell Designs? :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimitchi ^o^

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made their own custom shells? How did they turn out? :D   

image0.png

I drew up these designs for shells I'd like to make one day! Im actually currently working on making the middle one right now, but its nowhere near done yet! :3

It would be sick if you could 3D-print new shells
I know, right?! I looked online for pre-made 3D models of Tamagotchi shells because my school has a 3D printer and I was thinking about printing one and painting that, but I cant find a 3D modeled shell anywhere online :(

maybe I should use some of these for my Tamagotchi fan made app.
!!!! That would be so awesome!! I'd be honored if you did. ^___^

Wow your designs are so cute! I love the baby pink and blue one, but my favorite is the alien one! It would be sick if you could 3D-print new shells... I have yet to paint a tamagotchi but I've always wanted to. My little cousin painted her digimon and its super cute.

I know, right?! I looked online for pre-made 3D models of Tamagotchi shells because my school has a 3D printer and I was thinking about printing one and painting that, but I cant find a 3D modeled shell anywhere online :(
Not quite the same, but someone tried to cast some resin tama shells before.

How do you go about painting shells?
The one i'm working on was a Zebra-print V3 I've had for years, it's been played with so much that the stripes were almost all worn off lol. I used 100% Acetone to remove the rest of the factory paint, sanded the shell down, and I'm currently using enamel paints to repaint it. I sprayed the shell with an enamel spray paint twice, and now I'm currently working on details with a paintbrush and the little glass jars of enamel paint. :) Oh and I removed all the insides first of course! 

Could you drop the bases you used for your designs in .png or .psd?
All I did was use the selection tool on an image of a V3 on procreate! But I can make a template quickly for those that want one :3 

Edit: Here's a little template I quickly outlined of a V3 Shell :3

image0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you go about painting shells? This is such a cool idea!
Could you drop the bases you used for your designs in .png or .psd? @mimitchi ^o^

Just like mimitchi's advice, sand it down, spray it with some primer, and then you can use whatever medium you want to paint it. Some options are: enamel paints, acrylic paints (try to use model paints which are thinner), POSCA paint pens, UV resin, nail polish, glitter, stickers. You can seal it with some clear coat or other sealant.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man i remember me and my brother tried to do a custom shell once on a v4 using nail polish and sharpie... it turned out BAD. i wish i had pics of it cuz that poor v4 was so miserable to look at (the broken screen and missing battery cover didn't help LMAO)

this kind of reminds me tho, i remember a while back when the tamago was still popular, there were a lot of people making custom paper faceplates for it. i think theres a template for it somewhere, and all you gotta do is print it and cut it out. so that kind of counts as customizing lol

oh man i remember me and my brother tried to do a custom shell once on a v4 using nail polish and sharpie... it turned out BAD. i wish i had pics of it cuz that poor v4 was so miserable to look at (the broken screen and missing battery cover didn't help LMAO)

this kind of reminds me tho, i remember a while back when the tamago was still popular, there were a lot of people making custom paper faceplates for it. i think theres a template for it somewhere, and all you gotta do is print it and cut it out. so that kind of counts as customizing lol
I love seeing people's childhood customs, imo it makes the tama really special even though they usually turn out a bit on the not-so-aesthetic side. The tama-GO faceplate is really easy to remove and replace, but you can also do this with the new colour models as well!

Latest posts

Back