CUSTOM TIPS AND TRICKS - Fun pouches for your Tamagotchis - CaraPrincess' version!!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraAkagiNanoEnthusiast

Reaction score
NOTE: This is migrated from a post on the subreddit r/tamagotchi that I made.

Greetings!

Currently I am tinkering with the idea to make custom carrying cases for my Tamagotchi m!x and my upcoming Evatchi. I am pretty sure that some of you guys might have the same idea when it comes to storing your Tama in fun ways, so today I will share to you the guides on how to make a custom pouch for your Tama.

Materials needed:

- Fabric (could be any type you want to, but if you want to make a heavy-duty pouch designated to carry your Tama everywhere, please refer to pages 14-16 of this ebook (recommended types for such kind of pouches are fleece, felt and minky). Also you can pick any color that you want for your pouch.)

- Sewing kit (the most basic ones will include at least a pair of scissors, some spools of thread and needles (assuming that you sew by hand like me), but if you want something more advanced, refer to pages 3-6 of the above ebook.)

- Velcro or buttons (depending on taste)

- Miscellaneous add-ons (ribbons, beads, etc.) (not required for most pouch designs)

WARNING:

- This pouch tutorial is primarily for the m!x Series (Tamagotchi m!x and Meets / On / Some) and Nanos only, but it might work for other Tama releases (vintage, Connections / Pluses, Minis / Chibis, other color releases (TMGC + C, iD, iD L, P's, 4U / 4U+, Smart))

- I am not responsible for the (if bad) quality of your pouches made by you following the tutorial.

PROCESS:

-Draw a shape akin to an oblong shape on your fabric. This is the body + closing flap for your pouch. Make the shape fit your Tama. If you are making a pouch for Tamas other than Nano / Mini (Chibi), make the oblong shape bigger. If you are making a pouch for Tamas that are Nanos / Minis (Chibis), make the oblong shape smaller.

- Cut out the two pieces and make sure to left out some seam allowances for them (the bigger, the better (?)). Then cut away the top of one of the two pieces (the remains of that piece should be equal or a bit less to the size of your Tama) and then sew the two pieces together (remember to left out the top part of the "uncut" oblong piece, that will be the closing flap of your pouch).

- Turn the piece inside-out. Now it's time to add in the fastener for the pouch. If you go for velcro, add it on the "wrong" (or inner) side of the pouch's closing flap. If you go for buttons, do the exact same thing but in reverse.

- Now we are done with the "basic" (or "plain") pouch. It's all up to you to add more patterns / designs to the pouch so that it will suit your taste (see "popular designs" below for some popular designs that I recommend to you), or if you do not want to add patterns to it, jump straight on how to add ball chains / straps to it! (see below)

Some of the popular designs I recommended for your pouch if you don't know what to add onto your pouch (if you are not into decorating your pouch with elements from niche media series (such as Touhou) or motifs) (MY RECOMMENDATIONS):

• Chara / Frisk's jumpers (Undertale)
  • Doraemon (recommended if you are new fans to anime / manga!! (since this is familiar to most people during their childhoods!))
  • Pikachu / Eevee / Poke Ball (also recommended if you are new to anime / manga / video games!)
  • Sailor Moon-themed designs (good for fans of anime / manga but might require some workarounds to get the design that suits best for you (IMHO)).
  • Hello Kitty (or any Sanrio character that you like the most aside from Hello Kitty)
- BALL CHAINS / STRAPS: To make your pouch easy to carry, you can cut out two small slits to insert a ball chain (for pouches that are reserved for Nanos / Chibis (Minis) (or even vintages / Connections)) / lanyard (for pouches that are reserved for the m!x Series (or any color-screen Tamas)) (albeit to insert a lanyard, you need to hook an additional piece of fabric / heavy-duty thread to the two slits you've cut). After this, you are done on making your pouch!

BONUS: You can also make some add-ons to your pouch, such as making a small chibi character plush to add onto the back of your pouch, or some charms for you to hook onto your ball chain / lanyard! Of course the add-ons are optional, but if you want to spice up your pouch even more, try to make some add-ons for it!

CONCLUSION:

I hope this tutorial will be helpful if you want to make something to store your Tamagotchi in a more aesthetically-appealing and "fun" way! I also hope that you might use this tutorial for other Tama releases as well!

Cute ideas ^^ I love Sailor Moon so I appreciate that suggestion. Do you have any pictures of ones you have made?

ETA: Ah it sounds like you haven't actually made one yet but just have the idea. I'd love to see what you come up with if you make one!

For my pouches, felt would be the predominant material for those. And the designs of my pouches are primarily based on Touhou characters (both in mainline Touhou and in the WIP Touhou fangame I make). Maybe many of you guys here in the forums haven't heard of Touhou, but believe me, it also has a pretty huge Western fanbase alongside with its Japanese / Eastern fanbase.

If you want, you could send me a commission here for a custom case based on a character in any well-known anime / manga / games. But I will only take a few of these commissions into production of actual cases.

NOTE: My knowledge in anime / manga / games is pretty limited due to I am not old enough / not interested enough to invest in other anime / manga (the ones that are released in the recent years tend to be more mature and violent in nature IMO). A few examples of anime / manga / games that I know: Honkai Impact 3rd, Genshin Impact, OMORI, Undertale (games); Pretty Cure, Sailor Moon, Demon Slayer (this is not my cup of tea due to its violent nature), Pretty Series (so far only covers PriPara and PriChan, haven't dived completely into Pretty Rhythm / King of Prism yet), Aikatsu (almost all installments) (anime / manga).

Despite I would like to make a pouch based on Pokemon characters, I refrain from doing so because of Nintendo's strict policy on its IP. I'm afraid that I would get DMCA'd for making Pokemon characters-themed pouches. Perhaps the same applies to all other Nintendo IP I know (Kirby, Mario, Donkey Kong, etc.)

Making pouches based on child anime / manga like Doraemon? No thanks, since my custom business is geared towards franchises that are targeted at teenagers.

Feel free to post a commission of custom pouches here. Remember that you must use a character from the above list of anime / manga / games that I know as the basis for your commission, or else I will not be able to consider it for production.

Cute ideas ^^ I love Sailor Moon so I appreciate that suggestion. Do you have any pictures of ones you have made?

ETA: Ah it sounds like you haven't actually made one yet but just have the idea. I'd love to see what you come up with if you make one!
I am currently thinking up of making a matching pair of pouches for my Tamagotchi m!x and my upcoming Evatchi based on the Touhou character Yumemi Okazaki. If I would make a Sailor Moon-themed pouch, I would prefer to make a pouch based on Sailor Saturn. She is my favourite Sailor Soldier.

(Chibi Moon would also be in my list but zamn look at how much pink does she have. Carrying a pouch based on her would make people think I like "things that looks like diabetes")

If you want, you could send me a commission here for a custom case based on a character in any well-known anime / manga / games. But I will only take a few of these commissions into production of actual cases.
Feel free to post a commission of custom pouches here. Remember that you must use a character from the above list of anime / manga / games that I know as the basis for your commission, or else I will not be able to consider it for production.
Unfortunately, we don't allow sales here due to past problems, so you'll have to offer this service on a dedicated sales platform elsewhere.

Unfortunately, we don't allow sales here due to past problems, so you'll have to offer this service on a dedicated sales platform elsewhere.
OK. Maybe I should open my commissions on my DeviantArt. That is where I commonly post my art pieces. I also have Pixiv, but since Pixiv is dedicated to anime / manga art I think that is not a good idea to put my commissions onto Pixiv due to most things there are Japanese.

Latest posts

Back