Cute pet/Eggy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggiweg

Reaction score
s7j7yDt.png

I got this odd pet in a lot, and it initially didn't work, but after disassembling it, I found that one of the capacitors on the board had come loose and the metal part that connects the two LR44 batteries together was missing.

It comes in a dinkie dino shaped shell, and from the sprites, I think that this pet is a gyaoppi variant called the 'cute pet' listed on tamenargerie's odd pet page (links under the spoiler).

There are 4 buttons, the first scrolls through icons, the 2nd and 3rd seem to have the same function, which is to select options and bring up the clock screen. The 4th button is the cancel button. The sound is quite loud, I've tried pressing combinations of these 4 buttons, but haven't found a way to turn off sound or reset the clock.

The hatching animation showed a volcano erupting, and then a screen with a pulsating egg. Strangely enough, my pet hatched sick, with a skull icon above it's head.

There are 10 icons, in order they are:

• Food (two options, a rice bowl? and seeds?)
  • Lights
  • Game
  • Exercise (I've also seen this exercise animation on the cyberpet)
  • Medical cross (brings up an animation of an ambulance, increases health bar but decreases happiness, can be used even when pet it not sick)
  • Toilet
  • Status
  • Book (decreases happiness)
  • Attention icon (non-selectable)
  • Door

The stats screen displays your pet's age, weight, hunger, EQ, happiness, health and IQ.

oIrUExf.png

Selecting the Education and Door icons doesn't seem to do anything, maybe they only work when the pet calls for them. In the game, a heart flashes between two boxes and you have time your press to 'capture' the heart in a box. You can easily win by spamming the 1st button, as the heart will always spawn in the left box first. Winning increases both happiness and IQ.

Edit: I tried the door icon today, and a box/door appeared onscreen, which the character went into. Maybe it acts as a sort of daycare function, as I now cannot do anything to the pet with the exception of checking the status. Clicking on the door icon again does nothing.

Has anyone heard of this pet before? (Images under the spolier)

fCF6NvW.png

From top to bottom: Food menu, Lights, Game (winning and losing animations), exercise, sick icon and ambulance, poop and cleanup

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the 2nd stage evolution today, minor panic yesterday, as the unit froze while I was spamming buttons impatiently. I left it alone overnight, hoping that it would fix itself and it did.

I had everything maxed out except for the EQ bar which I still don't know how to increase. According to the growth chart, I seem to have gotten the bad care evolution.

I've drawn up some of the sprites for this evolution, from left to right, top to bottom, they are:

a) Regular sprite b) Happy animation A c) Happy animation B c) Refusing food animation d) Angry animation A e) Angry animation B

hYSFvI7.png

The pet is now 5 years old and hasn't evolved further. Still no idea how to raise EQ, but it has increased slightly over time.

• Found out that the book icon is for disclipining your pet when it calls for no reason.
  • Discovered that the heart doesn't always span on the left side when you play the game, but the game is still easy to cheese if you then switch to spamming the B button.
  • Exercise decreases weight and food while increasing the health bar.
  • The seed/snack option in the food menu increases happiness and weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot about the pet for a whole morning and it died, it was 9 or 10 years old. I'm going to put the pet away for now, it was getting boring just filling the meters up without it changing at all.

Sns159E.png

Wow, talk about the timing of this thread. This is the first virtual pet I ever saw, and I convinced myself I just imagined it and was actually thinking about Tamagotchi. I stumbled onto a listing for a "comet critter" on e-bay and stumbled onto this thread when trying to find more info before ordering it. This is crazy to finally have an answer for "that weird thing that looked just like Tamagotchi but wasn't tamagotchi" question i've been asking for so many years.... I remember the shell being yellow though.

Wow, talk about the timing of this thread. This is the first virtual pet I ever saw, and I convinced myself I just imagined it and was actually thinking about Tamagotchi. I stumbled onto a listing for a "comet critter" on e-bay and stumbled onto this thread when trying to find more info before ordering it. This is crazy to finally have an answer for "that weird thing that looked just like Tamagotchi but wasn't tamagotchi" question i've been asking for so many years.... I remember the shell being yellow though.
Happy I could help 😊

My comet critter actually came in the mail the other day. It seems a little dodgy, like the plastic shell feels flimsy and the pixel screen looks funny if not viewed straight on. And for some reason the C button wouldn't work until I popped the battery out and back in a few times. I guess you gotta expect this when you buy some lesser known oddpets though.

Latest posts

Back