debugging a tamagotchi id L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

present124

Reaction score
does anyone know how to debug a tamagotchi id L? I want to debug it and get athe special places. please help

Note: I don't recommend you do this. I'm providing this information only for your knowledge. Attempting to debug your Tamagotchi can cause unrepairable damage. If you attempt to debug your Tamagotchi, and break it, neither I nor TamaTalk will be responsible.

Just above the middle of the back of the circuit board there are two square pads marked JP1. These pads will most likely be painted over with the same green finish that covers the rest of the circuit board. That green must be scraped off until the bare copper is exposed. To place a Tamagotchi-iD L into debug, a wire jumper must be soldered across these two pads. It'll be necessary to reset the Tamagotchi-iD L in order to unlock all the built-in travel destinations. Of course this will delete your current character.

Note: when in debug, the screen saver doesn't function. Batteries will last only about 24 hours.

Note: as I said earlier, if you break your Tamagotchi while attempting to debug it, you're on your own. Don't blame me nor TamaTalk, and don't come asking for help how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone show the inside of a debbuged tamagotchi id L? that would help a ton!!

I don't think anyone wants to debug their id l and risk destroying it, since it's so expensive afterall.

Tamagotchi-iDLJP1exposed.jpg
Tamagotchi-iDLJP1bridged.jpg

The photo above on the left shows JP1 with the green finish scraped off, and the bare copper exposed.

The photo above on the right shows JP1 bridged with a short wire soldered in place.

Note: If you can't solder, you shouldn't take your Tamagotchi apart. The red and black wires shown in the photos above are for the speaker and batteries. If you break any of them you'll get either no sound or/and no power. The only way to repair a broken wire is to solder it back into place.

Note: Even if you can solder, you shouldn't take your Tamagotchi apart. One slight slip of the soldering iron and you could break a trace or leave a solder blob in the wrong place. Either will ruin your Tamagotchi. The components and traces in the above photos may look small, but they're even smaller in real life.

Note: If you do decide to take your Tamagotchi apart, neither I nor TamaTalk will be held responsible for any damage, nor will we be able to help you repair any damage.

thanks binary.

i have a few questions to ask:

1) what must i do to unlock the status icon, third screen.(the one to store the: Normal Icon ,Fruits ,Icon ,Melody Icon, Waru Icon and King Icon)

2) where can i dowload travel destinations?

Travel destinations are unlocked by raising adult characters to TaMaToMo level. On the status screen there are spaces reserved for four happy seals (they look like little flowers.) The first three happy seals are unlocked (one-by-one) by feeding your adult character their favorite food or snack, giving them their favorite toy to play with, or dressing them up in their favorite clothing / accessory. The fourth is earned automatically by keeping your adult character with you for at least 48 hours. Once you've obtained all four happy seals, your adult is added to the TaMaToMo List (accessible through the book icon.)

There are 32 different adult characters you can raise to TaMaToMo level. For every four unique ones you've added to the list, one new travel destination will unlock. (The list of the new travel destinations is in this topic: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/174644-tamagotchi-id-l-menu-stats-screen/ They're on the door menu, pages 3 & 4.)

When you send your character to certain travel locations, an icon background selection will be unlocked. As soon as the first one is unlocked (Fruits, by visiting Patchi Onsen) the third status screen will be accessible. Doing the math backwards from that statement you can find that you can't unlock the third status creen until you have an at least eigth generation adult character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back