Deciding what to play with

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
How do you guys decide what to play with?

I am retiring my OsuMesu because the breeding function on them is broken or something (as much as I loved raising them).

But I can't decide what to play with next.

I have new stuff coming at the end of this week, but I want something to play with until then. Maybe I will do something simple like a Pac-Man?? But I also kinda feel like getting the Pix Party back out, but I know I won't want to keep up with it once the new stuff comes because I will be more into those.

I also thought about getting out a P1 or P2 or both. I would love to get Oyajitchi again but I stripped the screws on my JP p1 and can't get back into it :(

And of course I could run a Digimon as well... hmmm...

I guess the best thing would be something I wouldn't mind giving up or still working on in 5 days or so. So Pac Man seems like a good idea. My only "problem" with it is that they are kinda too simple and thus kinda boring. Maybe I will get out both Pac Mans that I have. I put Royce away in his original packaging but I kept Thom out just in case I wanted to play with him.

Angel wouldn't be a terrible idea either. Hmmm. I think all my Angels are broken in some way (two have stripped screws, one has a messed up screen that only displays right after pressing a button, and the other has a broken battery contact and constantly resets) so maybe not.

Anyway I mostly made this topic to think aloud but I am curious as to your own thought process when deciding what to play with when you're between devices. I've been playing with them for so long now that it would feel weird to NOT play with something, even if it is just for 4 or 5 days.

How do you guys decide what to play with?

I am retiring my OsuMesu because the breeding function on them is broken or something (as much as I loved raising them).

But I can't decide what to play with next.

I have new stuff coming at the end of this week, but I want something to play with until then. Maybe I will do something simple like a Pac-Man?? But I also kinda feel like getting the Pix Party back out, but I know I won't want to keep up with it once the new stuff comes because I will be more into those.

I also thought about getting out a P1 or P2 or both. I would love to get Oyajitchi again but I stripped the screws on my JP p1 and can't get back into it :(

And of course I could run a Digimon as well... hmmm...

I guess the best thing would be something I wouldn't mind giving up or still working on in 5 days or so. So Pac Man seems like a good idea. My only "problem" with it is that they are kinda too simple and thus kinda boring. Maybe I will get out both Pac Mans that I have. I put Royce away in his original packaging but I kept Thom out just in case I wanted to play with him.

Angel wouldn't be a terrible idea either. Hmmm. I think all my Angels are broken in some way (two have stripped screws, one has a messed up screen that only displays right after pressing a button, and the other has a broken battery contact and constantly resets) so maybe not.

Anyway I mostly made this topic to think aloud but I am curious as to your own thought process when deciding what to play with when you're between devices. I've been playing with them for so long now that it would feel weird to NOT play with something, even if it is just for 4 or 5 days.
Maybe instead of playing with a bunch of devices, consider just the pacman nano, and then go through your collection, see who needs new screws, and order replacement screws? I've been procrastinating on making a video about how to defeat damaged screws when entirely stripped, but if there's any you can wrestle out, it's worth replacing the screws instead of using the damaged ones.

Yeah I can't get the screws out which is the problem. Id very much welcome a tutorial on how to do so!

I was going to get both Pac Mans out but only had enough batteries for one of them :( one of the things I ordered coming this week is new batteries though.

i feel the same, it feels so empty when i’m not running a tama. i’m in the process of expanding my collection, so now i just run the newest tama for about 2-3 weeks then get bored and think about what tama i would like to try to raise/if i want simpler gameplay or not. if i’m feeling kind of tama-burnt out i always run my childhood tamagotchi friends as it’s quite uncomplicated and i really like the games on it. if i want the excitement of gene mixing, i run my on, if i want a smart (card) or pix exclusive tama i run those, etc etc :)

im currently running my tama pix, ive got a pix party arriving tomorrow and im waiting for the smart to arrive too i did have a v1 running but no longer

It does feel weird to not play with something, but since it is only a few days a break could be good. I take breaks now and then, and since it is only a few days till your new stuff arrives it is a good opportunity.

It is sad to hear your osu/mesu aren’t working right.

As to how I choose? It depends on several factors like time of year, daily activities and my mood. For me it is summer now. It is hot outside. I’m either in the garden feeling like I’m melting or chilling inside with the A/C. My kid is home with me so I am more distracted than if he were in school. I would want something easy and with a pause function if possible since I’ll be busy with other things.

For you Pac-man seems like the best choice. It is easy going so when your new stuff arrives you could keep it running in the background, or you can just ignore it. The sounds on it are fun. I personally would leave it for dead when the new stuff arrived. I’m not a fan of the nanos. I find the shape of the shell difficult to hold and the miniature buttons get annoying. 4–7 days is all I think I could handle.

Yeah the mini buttons are quite a pain, and I even have small fingers!! I like the shape of the Nanos at least, they are quite cute. Though it is a little difficult to handle...

I ended up getting out the Pac Man but then it made me want to play with more so I got out the P1 and P2 re-release lol... might just reset them all and set them aside when the new stuff comes.

I might be the odd one out here, but if I'm expecting a new virtual pet to arrive I'll most often take a break and not run anything else until it does so! That way I don't have any other version and its norms on my mind when the new stuff gets to me. :smile2:

I was going to get both Pac Mans out
I commend you for knowing that the official plural is Pac-Mans. :biggrin:

Haha, yeah, I kinda wish I had just decided to play with the Pac-Man now. I guess I could take the batteries out of the P1/P2 and save them for later. They are only child forms now so I haven't made much progress (though I did accidentally feed the P2 a cake T_T) but I feel kinda bad "killing" them xD

(Speaking of Pac-Mans, the remake of Pac-Man World comes out this month! Hype!)

Unfortunate that your OsuMesu won’t breed - is it something to do with the connection itself? Or maybe the last pair you had are incompatible somehow? (I remember reading something about incompatibility between different characters but could be wrong) I hope it’s not an unfixable problem!

As for choosing what to play with, apart from which models I have on hand, I personally factor in;
- how involved I want to be with the Tama (low or high maintenance? Lots or little to do optionally?)
- whether I want a particular character

A while back I cycled through my Connexions in version order which was fun! :chohimetchi:

Ooh playing all the connections in order sounds fun :)

And IDK what exactly is wrong with them -- when I press B on the Osu, it cancels the mating animation instead of looking for the connection :(

Ooh playing all the connections in order sounds fun :)

And IDK what exactly is wrong with them -- when I press B on the Osu, it cancels the mating animation instead of looking for the connection :(
It is! It was an interesting way to compare too (I found out that V3 and V4 are my favourites to run), plus if you run two at once you can enjoy connecting them 💓

Strange about the Osu. I had a quick look about the issue - was your latest a Sutebotchi? Apparently they cannot mate.

Nope, they were Pyonkotchi and Pyonchitchi. Before that, they were Megatchi and Gankotchi. Same issue both times, the B button would just cancel the whole thing on the Osu. :\ I always press reset after putting in batteries, etc. so I'm not sure what was wrong. And I reset before the second try as well.

unknown.png

Also, I may or may not have gotten carried away when my new batteries came in >_>;;;;;;;

That’s so odd! Sorry to hear it. The only possible thing I can think of is if a connection is loose in the Osu’s link port?

Love it though - why choose just one Tama when you can run a whole bunch!!! :ichigotchi: The Hello Kitty nano is super cute, I’ve been meaning to find one!

And on the topic of choosing who to run, I’m stuck between V2 or V3. I have new tamas en route but it looks like they’ll take longer than expected to get here, so I might have to run one I have to stay sane. Don’t know whether to go for V2 to try and get Ginjirotchi, or V3 to check out recovered TamaTown!

My vote is the V3 to check out recovered TamaTown, though Ginjirotchi does hold up a solid argument :p Love that little guy.

The Hello Kitty is adorable. When you feed them, Kitty brings them the food. It's so cute. And she does little dances when you win the games. I totally am going to pick up the other shell sometime so I can run two at once :p (And for collectors' purposes)

Definitely intriguing! I’ll check if I can run it, and if not, V2 plan B 👀 (although I bet that as soon as I start, my Tama mail will arrive, lol)
Ginjirotchi is such a charmer. I’m glad he’s still around in some modern releases!

That’s super sweet! Now I’ve got to get one!! :angry: Hopefully they haven’t become too hard to find, not sure they’re in production right now, but fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back