Did i buy a fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemXD

Reaction score
I, for the first time ever bought a little 90s robot pet at a fleamarket for around 3 dollars. The packaging was half opened and i bought it as a decoration but after trying it works! after a single day's research i found out how to use it and that theres a whole collector fandom thing going on. From my own knowlegde the buttons look wrong, the pet itself looks like a slightly more misformed dinosaur and it seems to be missing some of the control buttons like the medicine thing and they just look different.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-04-16 194309.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-04-16 194309.png
    795.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Skærmbillede 2023-04-16 194322.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-04-16 194322.png
    373.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes, that’s a fake. Real Tamagotchi’s have 3 buttons, the Tamagotchi logo above the screen, and “BANDAI” subtly on the back.

I don't think it's a fake but it's definitely not a Tamagotchi. It most likely just falls under the title of general "virtual pet."
Sounds like you're enjoying it, however, and that's the important thing!

Oh yeah i know it's not a tamagotchi but i was asking if it was a fake dinkie dino/raku raku dinokun which is another virtual pet

It looks like a fake clone of raku raku dinokun, the left/right buttons are not the right shape for the original dinkie-dino/rakuraku dinokun; and I don't think it even has dinkie dino programming. The pet looks like a dog, not a dino. They sell a lot of fake programming multipets in raku raku dinokun shell.

Here's how an original looks:

I am curious about the programming inside, is it a multipet, what functions does it have?

It looks like a fake clone of raku raku dinokun, the left/right buttons are not the right shape for the original dinkie-dino/rakuraku dinokun; and I don't think it even has dinkie dino programming. The pet looks like a dog, not a dino. They sell a lot of fake programming multipets in raku raku dinokun shell.

Here's how an original looks:

I am curious about the programming inside, is it a multipet, what functions does it have?

Interesting, hard to distinguish fake Tamagotchi’s and fakes of similar games you’re not familiar with, with them sharing the same programming and everything.

Latest posts

Back