Difference between the series of the 20th anniversary tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deraviin

Reaction score
Hi, I used to have an account here but its been... probably close to a decade or more since I got on, if my old account even still exists I have no idea how to get to it so I just made a new one. I used to be super into tamagotchi right when the connection was getting popular and am getting back into it, I've mostly been buying the old ones since a lot of the color screen japan exclusives seem to be going for over 250$ which is a bit much for me.

With that out of the way I am a little confused. I saw the anniversary ones a few years ago but I was in crunch time with my company and was pulling 75 hour weeks so I didn't have the time or energy to ask about them. I am trying to buy one now and am seeing there are series for them? At first I thought it must be like P1 and P2, but I'm actually seeing four different series, with series 3 being the most easy to find. I have been searching everywhere to try to figure out what the differences are between these different series, if it is merely shell color or if it is programming or characters available, but I guess such vague terms are really hard to show results for. If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful. I'm very excited to be getting back into caring for these little ones although things seem to have changed a lot, it's a bit crazy for me.

Well the anniversary series consists of reproductions of the Tamagotchi Mini and the P1 and P2. As far as I can tell the P1 and P2 repros are the exact same as the originals for all that it would matter with slightly faster button reads. The mini replaces the secret character from the original version with Bill.

If you want a specific version I'd pay attention to the shells and backgrounds so you don't get one you didnt want.

Latest posts

Back