Different versions - different volume?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loona

Reaction score
hi there!

I would have a question to those tama owners who own a v4.5 and some older version(s) as well.

I got my first 4.5 a couple of days ago, and at the same time I was able to get my hands on a new v4 as well (fell in love with the shell already when I saw it for the first time, but that time I could only afford to buy one tama, and in the end went for another shell design), and I started the two up together. the v4 seems pretty all right, but the v4.5 is about half silent as the v4 - or any other version I have. is it normal, should it be like this? did you also experience this difference in volume, or is there a problem with my v4.5?

thanks in advance,

Loona

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a V3 & a V4.5... up until now I've been playing with my original Tama's (from the 90's) and my 4.5 is so much quieter than my 3. The only time I really hear my 4.5 other than when he needs something is when I get mail and fortunes. It's normal, at least to me anyway. :mimitchi:

that sounds strange o_O

my two v4s are both the same in volume as any other versions I have apart from the v4.5.

the difference in volume annoys me a bit, to be honest, that's why I asked. when played simultaneously (mostly because they play together) I cannot really hear my v4.5 because of the v4's sounds, and I always get the feeling that something happened to it that makes it more silent, and that one day it will become totally mute. okay, I may overreact things, but I do find it annoying, or frightening, that may be a better word to use.

not to mention if the v4 beeps before the v4.5, when the v4.5 beeps my first unconscious thought is that my hearing is decaying :mimitchi:

[SIZE=10pt]Well, batteries are never fresh... cos their chemicals are already reacting as soon as the battery is made. Depending on how long your Tama was sitting on the shelf at the store, the battery may be weaker than what's in your other ones.[/SIZE]

If you're talking about the volume of the beeping, mine's just as loud as my V3. He just doesn't beep as much as the V3 does though.

yes, I am talking about the volume of beeping (or any other sound it makes, playing games, playing with an item, everyting), not its frequency.

according to the fact that v4.5s are not new, you may be right about the weak battery. however, the v4 I bought it together with (same shop, same time, actually the v4.5s were sold as v4s :D ) must have been there even longer (and both of them have their original batteries in, I didn't change them yet). but I have several tamas and have experienced weak/low batteries a number of times, and I have never encountered sound differences, let the battery be new or old.

you say yours is the same in volume as others, so I still suspect that the problem may be with my tama :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back