Do you choose not to "pause" your classic Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
For Tamas that don't have a "sitter" or other feature on them, do you use the clock-changing trick to "pause" your Tamas, or do you let them go for the "natural" experience? Personally I feel kinda cheesy for pausing them so I just let them go and if I make mistakes, I make mistakes. You can't pause a real pet so I kinda view it that way :) But I hear lots of people talking about pausing theirs and was wondering if I was the only one who does it this way ^^

I used to use the clock-set pause trick, but now I take the same approach as you, for the same reason. They were intended to run in real-time, so that's what I let them do!

These days, if I want to run a Tamagotchi that won't be affected by a lack of time to tend to it in real-time, I boot up the original Game Boy game for a while, since that one has no real-time clock.

I pause when I'm with my partner, just because I've noticed it puts a bit of a strain on things. He's never said anything to put them down, aside from sharing why they're not the type of games he prefers to play himself, but I think he feels slighted when I stop paying attention to him for a few moments to tend my virtual pets(probably feels like when you're talking to someone, their phone buzzes, and they suddenly ignore you for their phone). And of course, during events where I won't know how long it'll be until I can check on my pets. Otherwise, in both instances, they'd usually die and I'd never get a vpet to go past 5 days.

Other than that, they go the natural route. They live their lives alongside me. (◕ᴗ◕✿)

My partner actively encourages me to play with mine. Well, I don't know if he's actually trying to encourage, but if he hears them make noise, he says, "The babies are crying!" hahaha. And the Pac-Man tamas do a "close-up" at 2PM, which I told him, "they're just dancing around" and now when he hears it he says, "The two o'clock dance!" LOL

ETA: He watches TikTok while I'm trying to talk to him (which doesn't bother me as long as he listens well enough XD) so I don't think he thinks much if I feed a tama real fast. Though I feel bad when I have to play games on the remake P1/P2 because those things are SO LOUD lmfao

ETA: He watches TikTok while I'm trying to talk to him (which doesn't bother me as long as he listens well enough XD) so I don't think he thinks much if I feed a tama real fast. Though I feel bad when I have to play games on the remake P1/P2 because those things are SO LOUD lmfao
Ahaha I love it! Sometimes it takes a person reminding us to get up and take a break from what we're focused in on anyway. And yeah, they're very loud, but my half-deaf self appreciates it.
And fair enough- I'm just the type of person who generally avoids friction, and when I see something not going well on someone's expression, I try to reel it back a bit, unless I actively want to annoy them for some reason(like if they're annoyed that I'm reading a book on a specific topic they don't like). Then I just keep enjoying myself pretending to be clueless, only my enjoyment of whatever activity is then doubled in enjoyment. Juvenile, most definitely, but I never claimed to be perfect. :tongue:

I personally don't want to just feed my tama's snacks and food when around my partner. I have a hard enough time ensuring I have time to play games with them during the week and they tend to get chunky as is(I'll often grind through games every day or two to make em shed a few lbs after they gain a lot)! 🙈

I will note that I will shift the clock and put the digimon down for the full nap when with my partner if I'm running those(no proper pause). He enjoys the digimon franchise, so 6 hours of digimon tending on a Saturday for a month or two isn't nearly as tall of an order as a Tamagotchi.

He has really good hearing so I honestly think part of it is he picks up on the connection era tamas' heartbeats. I'd honestly be pretty annoyed in his place if I just hear a faint beep literally all day. 🙈

Yeah it doesn't really cause any friction with us, we've lived together for 12 years so we're kinda used to mostly doing our own thing anymore :) Though one thing it does seem to bother him is if I play with them during mealtime, which he never outright said it did, but I could just kinda tell, so I just put them away (but don't pause them) during meals. I usually make sure to take care of them beforehand so they won't have any reason to get upset while I'm eating anyway. But of course the Morino likes to go and get injured any time you're not around it for 5 minutes 9_9

Man that's really good hearing to pick up on the heartbeats XD I don't have any Connection tamas so IDK if I'd pick up on it or not. I have super sensitive hearing myself. Luckily my partner has poor hearing so he definitely wouldn't notice it xD

Yeah it doesn't really cause any friction with us, we've lived together for 12 years so we're kinda used to mostly doing our own thing anymore :) Though one thing it does seem to bother him is if I play with them during mealtime, which he never outright said it did, but I could just kinda tell, so I just put them away (but don't pause them) during meals. I usually make sure to take care of them beforehand so they won't have any reason to get upset while I'm eating anyway. But of course the Morino likes to go and get injured any time you're not around it for 5 minutes 9_9

Man that's really good hearing to pick up on the heartbeats XD I don't have any Connection tamas so IDK if I'd pick up on it or not. I have super sensitive hearing myself. Luckily my partner has poor hearing so he definitely wouldn't notice it xD
Yeah, I get that same energy when picking up my tamas when with my partner. It might also be that he keeps his place very dark so it's more of a production for me to try to see the screen at all on top of it. His place is very inhospitable to old-school vpets.🙈

And I'm not sure if he can pick up on it or not, it's just a suspicion.

And fair enough, messing with gadgets during mealtime is deffo rude(proceeeds to do it anyway at work). 😅 Everyone at the emily post institute would tsk internally 😂

I don’t pause mine. I rarely mute mine, but if I’m in a situation where noise would distract others, I mute and continue to care for it. I take the best care I can, but I don’t aim for perfect care.

I've personally never liked pausing my tamas, even on the models I own that have a babysitting feature - only because it'll screw up the growth time! I'm too obsessed with my virtual pets evolving on time *sobs* - I can get really careless sometimes and just leave my tama to suffer if I'm going out someplace, which I always feel horrible about when I come home to see it dead (honestly, fair). I have no idea why I'm like this, besides having raised 'gotchis for so long I just become fatigued at random times XD It's so inconvenient for these poor guys, that's for sure.

If I'm interacting with others I usually don't have my tama out with me, or I'm able to put it down easily if I'm conversing with others. Similarly, I'm so used to having the post-Connection models on mute when I'm in a public space, that when I meet other people who are okay with hearing the constant beeps and boops it freaks me out LOL -- but to summarize I usually don't pause unless I have to, and even then it usually comes down to me either using a babysitting feature which is confirmed to not stunt my tama's growth clock, or just changing the time so it sleeps for a few hours.

I have been pausing mine only at night. My sleep schedule is screwed and they will surely die if I didn't. After I get a bit more used to playing with them (I've only had them for about a week now) I plan to just let them run like intended. I think of these runs as practices.

i only pause them if absolutely necessary! id rather let them live their natural life along with me, and i also dislike how much it affects their growth. it just feels like cheating to me, but idc if others do it

Latest posts

Back