Do you know which Tamagotchi game this was from?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zagos

Reaction score
As a kid I played a Tamagotchi game on the computer, but I don't know the name as there's so many different names that come up and not a lot of definitive answers on the internet, so I found this forum. The Tamagotchi wiki page for Food Town / Gourmet Street (https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Food_Town) shows the exact image burned into my mind. I know exactly that that was from the game I played. But it just says that it's part of Tamagotchi Planet, and looking into that doesn't get me anywhere as the wiki talks about it being just where everything Tamagotchi takes place. Does anyone know what overall game I'm talking about? I know TamaTown was a thing but I can't tell if it was from the same thing. The wiki also talks about visiting Food Town in the present tense, so does this mean I could still visit it? Does it still exist? Help would be so appreciated, thanks!

Hi! im not an expert at all, but I do have a few guesses to where this could’ve been from.

it appears the image on the wiki is from Tamagotchi Channel, a website that hosted information about upcoming tamas, the anime, and also contained character bibliographies.

it doesn’t look like this website contained games itself, but the details are rather foggy. The website also seemed to be entirely in Japanese, if that sounds familiar!

The other option could be that it was from the original TamaTown website for the connection versions- this website had a Food Court location, but that’s the closest I could find to the Food Town you’ve shared.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be any images of this place(I found one that could be it, possibly??), due to the ‘lost’ state of a lot of TamaTown‘s files. There is, however, an uploaded version of this area’s theme online, which seems to be the actual song, as far as I can tell!

Here it is, if it helps at all :D

The 'current tense' would be for Tamagotchi ON/Meets, I think, as you can still visit that location on those devices. https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Food_Town#Tamagotchi_On
i was going to bring up something similar- it doesn’t seem as if this location was available to visit in any game, tama or not, other than the On. However, information is very limited, so it’s hard to tell,, Still researching! Hope we figure this out soon :D

Hi! im not an expert at all, but I do have a few guesses to where this could’ve been from.

it appears the image on the wiki is from Tamagotchi Channel, a website that hosted information about upcoming tamas, the anime, and also contained character bibliographies.

it doesn’t look like this website contained games itself, but the details are rather foggy. The website also seemed to be entirely in Japanese, if that sounds familiar!

The other option could be that it was from the original TamaTown website for the connection versions- this website had a Food Court location, but that’s the closest I could find to the Food Town you’ve shared.

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be any images of this place(I found one that could be it, possibly??), due to the ‘lost’ state of a lot of TamaTown‘s files. There is, however, an uploaded version of this area’s theme online, which seems to be the actual song, as far as I can tell!

Here it is, if it helps at all :D
Thanks so much for your reply! I guess I'm still a bit confused--at first I thought maybe it was through a Tamagotchi On, but it says those came out in recent years and I remember playing this game about 10 years ago, I'm thinking it was before or around 2010 honestly. I was really little and I think I did have a Tamagotchi, but don't remember what kind it was, all I mostly remember is my Ichigotchi carrying pouch and a little Ichigotchi charm I had. The song you linked sounds a bit like the slowed version of the TamaTown theme, so maybe it's related to that? I've looked through other screenshots and gameplay of TamaTown and I have a feeling that I recognize it, but it's hard since I only definitively recognize Food Town and the wiki page talks about it being on Tamagotchi On. I think it's possible that the game I played was all in Japanese, but I don't know how I would have logged in given I was a kid that knew no Japanese. I mostly remember a big map like this one where there was a boxing ring at the bottom, and that all around the maps were different minigames. My mind feels sort of warped because as a kid, I think I remember things differently, like everything looked so huge to me when I was little but the screenshots are definitely more condensed versions of what I would have been perceiving, I think.

Fascinating!! thanks for the extra information :D still searching!! Hope we figure this out soon :ichigotchi:

Latest posts

Back