Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it was the white/blue 1st generation. I adored it even though I thought it was too hard to take care of lol. I prefered playing with Raku Raku Dinokun but the tama was still more valuable and special to me. I still own it but don't know if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first tamagotchi was a v1 or v2 (?) translucent orange. I know I had kuchipatchi at one point, but I can't remember if he was my first hatch!

This is what it looks like:

tamagotchi-connection-4_5.jpg
And the first character I got on there was Primatchi, I think? I was a good caretaker (with an exception of the tamas being fat of course), but I had no idea how to play the other games (and the jobs and school until I searched how to play them) except Jump, so I ended up getting her.

My school got the tama craze back when the v4 came out. I begged my parents for months and months for one and I was obsessed. The only thing I could think of was owning a tamagotchi.

So for my birthday my parents got me a green v3 with hibiscus flowers on it. I was in love, I remeber screaming as I opened the package. I named the tama Kate and she eventually grew into a mametchi.

The next day one of my friends gifted me a translucent white with blue accents V4.

I loved both of them dearly and eventually lost them both but to this day V3's and v4's are my most favorite versions.

I kind of remember my first tama. I bought it at target or Walmart (I can't remember) when I was six years old. I remember being really upset because when I wanted to buy it we still had shopping to do, so my mom said we would come back later if I still wanted it and if I had saved enough money. When we finally went back, the one I wanted was gone! I frantically searched and we asked a person working there if they still had that exact one, but they didn't so I got a different one.

I can't remember which version it was though. It was around 2011, and it wasn't in color. I really only remember having kuchipatchi.

But there is no tamagotchi where you can only get kuchipatchi, so I can't figure out which version it was. It must have gotten lost in one of the moves. (We move a lot because my dad is in the military) Anyways, I guess I don't really remember my first tama that well. But kuchipatchi looked so cute!

It was a green V5 with pink hearts on it. Unfortunately the buttons became unresponsive recently, and one of the 4 little screws inside has become badly stripped so I can't open it up and clean it to make the buttons work again. That tama really meant a lot to me when I was young.

In 1997 I was given a red P2 with white buttons & white logo across the top for Christmas and I was so excited about it- I ran over the road to show my friend, only to find that she had received the exact same one! We had a great time raising them together and from then on I became a lifelong addict :D

I got my first one when I was like 10 years old. I don't know what it's name was . I don't even know if it was a fake or a real one. Probably a fake because they only costed like 5 bucks that time but I was addicted to it even though they died constantly. And now with that article over bandai that is going to bring the 97' back on the market I looked stuff up about tamagotchi, bought a 4u and I'm addicted all over again.

I got my first tama when i was in grade 7, in 1997. I actually got a p1, nano kitty and nano puppy all at the same time. our school banned virtual pets within a few months though because we were all so busy taking care of them no one was paying attention in class

I do and I'm trying to recollect my tamas because thanks to my mother they had a horrible accident. :( I actually got three tamagotchi connections at first. I don't remember if all at once or not. I was probably in first grade because in second grade I remember getting the v3.

My first Tama was a Tamagotchi Connection v1, the dark pink and purple from the first line up of gotchis. I wasn't completely sure what I was doing at the time but I had alot more time on my hands so it was rather easy for me to get Mametchi rather often.

But my fondest memories actually came with the Tamagotchi Connection v2. My brother had the banana yellow and butterfly gotchi and I had the dark pink with flowers all over it. I would constantly get Violetchi on that game and now and then Mametchi. I was always so irritated I couldn't get Mimichi.

As for my bro, he didn't really care, his favorite character was actually Gozarutchi so he didn't need to do much

I didn't start becoming a collector of them until here recently. My love for the tamas have never changed

My first Tamagotchi was V4 and I got it from my mom in 2007, when I was five years old. I still have it and it's working well even though it needs a new battery :lol:

I remember both of my siblings owning a tama about 10 years ago or so, but I never got one because I was never really interested in taking care of something,

But i couple months ago, I was cleaning my room and was like "hey, isn't there a lil orange and purple digital pet thingie around here?" I searched for a while and found it in my cabinet, which was odd to be honest.

i gave it away the next month lol

My first Tama was a connexion ver 3. It's shell is pink and there are ice creams all around it. My first ''pet'' was called Niksu. Niksu died when he was just a baby bc I didn't know how to take care of it. Soon I hatched a new Niksu. Sadly he died when he was teen.

Sadly that Tamagotchi is broken nowadays. It's buttons stopped working. I tried to fix it but the Niksu-Tama was dead. Niksu-Tama is now a keyring which has my own drawing on its screen.

I have a lot of memories with my Niksu-Tama. I dropped it in a glass of Pepsi once. When this happened, I had a Tarakotchi and her baby.

When I was like 7-8 years old, I lost Niksu-Tama somewhere in my room and when it beeped, I got too scared and ran away. Later that day I found Niksu-Tama and he was still alive! My baby was saved <3

Oh I remember that day :D It was back in 1996, when I first heard of Tamagotchis. Everyone was hype about it, but my parents wouldn't buy me one, because the negativ critic in the press. My best friend got one, pretty fast after the release... and I was so jealous :D I kept bugging my parents and grandparents... and then my grandma bought me one for Christmas. It was one of these 29in1 Tamas, but I was all happy ^^

Yet, I really REALLY wanted to have an original, because the one from my friend was one from Bandai and way cooler, than that 29in1 VP. So I kept bugging my mom... and about half a year later she surprised me with a P2. It was the red one, with white buttons and the white logo on top ^^ OMG I was so excited, happy, and couldn't believe it. I think I was playing 2 years with it, before I abandoned it, because school stuff. But I never forget that time. I still have that Tama ^^ and, although I've been playing a lot, it looks like new :wub:

My first ever Tama was a pink hearts shell V1 back in 2004. I remember bringing it home, opening it up at the kitchen table, and being super excited to play it. :D I think I got it at Kmart maybe? It's been so long.

My first Tamagotchi was the white V1 Connection with yellow buttons. I got it in another city neither I nor my parents can recall. I remember being very anxious to open it as I waited for my mom to try on some clothing in the shop we visited after purchasing it. My first adult character was Kuchipatchi. I remember that my parents were interviewing an afterschool babysitter for me at her house when it grew to adulthood. She didn't get the job, so my first Tama reached adulthood in the home of someone I don't even remember. It was irreparably damaged probably seven to ten years ago when (if I recall correctly) one of the buttons fell out and I couldn't fix it. I later bought a replacement black Connexion with white buttons on Ebay.

I have vague memories of having had two of the yellow V2s with butterflies, one of which had a line of dead pixels about 1/4 of the way down the screen, but I don't know what happened to the other one. I only have one now (the one without dead pixels, if the other ever truly existed). I also somewhat remember having had a red V2 with pills that I gave to my cousin (but I can't confirm it that it ever existed because we had a falling out years ago). It's weird what time can do to a mind.

Latest posts

Back