Do you remember your first tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Tama was a dark blue gen 1, and my first adult was Mametchi (believe it or not).

Due to nostalgia, the vintage models will always have a special place with me.

My first tamagotchi was a tamagotchi connection v2 that I got for my birthday. I apparently liked it enough to ask for another v2. I can't remember the shell of my original v2, but I remember that the second one was the lipstick shell. I also don't remember what I named my first tama. Sorry.

that is a complicated answer, my first tama wasn't even mine. it belonged to one of my older sisters! however, when she moved out it was left behind. i decided to take care of it, unfortunately it went missing. this was back sometime around 2008-2009 however the first tama i actually owned and could call my own was the tamago! i got it on easter(the irony)in 2010/2011, i wish i still had it. i loved it a lot!

Yep. It was a vintage P1 that I got in the 90s. The only other vintage Tama I had growing up was an Angel. I didn't learn about the Ocean until it wasn't easily available anymore, I'm pretty sure -- otherwise I would have tried to get one. Not sure why I never got a Digimon especially since I loved that show growing up lol

My sister had a vintage P2 and an Angel with a different shell -- not sure what happened to her P2 but the Angel is currently in my possession.

My first one was actually the class pet!We named it Tammie, although most of us referred to it as 'Bloop'. Hence my username.
That's a really fun concept, how did it work? Tamas and other virtual pets were controversial in the 90's for disrupting classes, I figured it would be the same now.

That's a really fun concept, how did it work? Tamas and other virtual pets were controversial in the 90's for disrupting classes, I figured it would be the same now.
You know, I often wonder what the consensus about virtual pets in class is nowadays. I do not let my kids take them to school to be on the safe side (I alter the time to make them stay sleep while at school but wake when they get home). But I imagine it might not be as frowned upon as they were in the past.

You have to remember, those teachers back then did not understand the benefits that come with kids and virtual pets. They saw it as a disruptive toy, and nothing else. Teachers today however are those who grew up in the 90s, and have a better grasp on how to deal with virtual pets (they grew up with them afterall). So given that VP teach children about responsibility and diligence, it does not suprise me that a Tamagotchi might be made a class pet in the modern age.

And as far as disruption, the rule would probably be more along the lines of “mute it while in class” than a straight up ban. Most teachers back in the day probably did not even know that was an option.

But this is all just speculation from the outside looking in, based on the fact that the original Tama kids are now the teachers in question.

You know, I often wonder what the consensus about virtual pets in class is nowadays. I do not let my kids take them to school to be on the safe side (I alter the time to make them stay sleep while at school but wake when they get home). But I imagine it might not be as frowned upon as they were in the past.

You have to remember, those teachers back then did not understand the benefits that come with kids and virtual pets. They saw it as a disruptive toy, and nothing else. Teachers today however are those who grew up in the 90s, and have a better grasp on how to deal with virtual pets (they grew up with them afterall). So given that VP teach children about responsibility and diligence, it does not suprise me that a Tamagotchi might be made a class pet in the modern age.

And as far as disruption, the rule would probably be more along the lines of “mute it while in class” than a straight up ban. Most teachers back in the day probably did not even know that was an option.

But this is all just speculation from the outside looking in, based on the fact that the original Tama kids are now the teachers in question.
It also depends on the school as well - my school had Pokemon cards banned! This brings back fond memories of my mom babysitting my Tamas while I was at school. Some of it might be nostalgia with 90's kids being some of the adults of today, but I agree that with them growing up with the franchise they have a better understanding of it than teachers back in the 90's. In terms of modern day distractions I think social media and app games are the bigger concern now, lol.

It also depends on the school as well - my school had Pokemon cards banned! This brings back fond memories of my mom babysitting my Tamas while I was at school. Some of it might be nostalgia with 90's kids being some of the adults of today, but I agree that with them growing up with the franchise they have a better understanding of it than teachers back in the 90's. In terms of modern day distractions I think social media and app games are the bigger concern now, lol.
Wow pokemon cards were banned too?

That is a new one to me lol. I remember everyone having their binders and even playing eachother during recess.

VPets however were a big target at my school (had a digimon taken that evolved into Greymon once in my teachers desk lol). I remember at one point we had the Nano Fighters, where you basically trained a human fighter to compete. Unlike Digimon, they had to stay connected for the fight.

I played a joke on a kid one time and broke them apart right when my guy lost (so his character was on my screen) and I said, “looks like I got two now!”

Before I could tell him it was a joke and that in 2 seconds he would have his guy back and the W, he freaked out and ran to tell on me…during a VPet ban. Needless to say we both lost our fighter for the remainder of the week. 😅

My first tama was the tamagotchi angel. I had other virtual pets before but never a tama! Tamagotchis were more rare than the nanos or giga pets that were all the rage with I was growing up, so when I got this tamagotchi angel I was over the moon. I took it everywhere! Sadly it was lost while moving houses. I haven't replaced it yet so I am looking into getting a japanese version of it

My first tama was the v3 when I was in elementary school. I let my mom take care of it when I was at school because I didn't want to pause it for whatever reason, and she didn't do a good job of taking care of it to say the least.

My first tama was the v3 when I was in elementary school. I let my mom take care of it when I was at school because I didn't want to pause it for whatever reason, and she didn't do a good job of taking care of it to say the least.

So how many do you have now, and does Mom try to help out any more?

My first tama was the Connection V3 with a white with pink flowers shell (English/European).

2788132F-9663-45B6-8A7E-27EEEA3AE50A.jpeg

I got it when I was really young. The shell was SO chipped and it turned yellow/grey by the time I was an adult, and I ended up deciding to get a new pair of V3s. So what did I foolishly do? I sold my old one on eBay because I was a broke student. :,) not a day goes by where I don’t regret that now. Would have been nice to have because it was my true OG, but definitely better to have lived and lost than never to have loved at all, as they say!

This is so funny, I ended up doing the exact same thing but my mum did really well with it. Though she would act begrudging but really I think she enjoyed looking after it in the end hahaha! It’s so funny how kids are and what mums put up with. I remember she always said she hated bump but liked the notes and flag games!

Yes! I was way too young for it lol, also as English is not my first language I didn't understood very well, also each time it bumped into something it would reset so not the best start lol

Latest posts

Back