Do You take your Tamas with you when going outside?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WackyWitch

Reaction score
This my is a dumb and/or weird question.
Because normally I think most people take their Tamsgotchis with them when going out (Except work... Maybe?)

But I ask because I am currently running 4 Tamsgotchis. And I usually do also take all of them with me.

Now I wanna know if you are playing with more than one Tama same time, do you take all of them with you?

Attachments

• IMG_20211111_132408.jpg
    IMG_20211111_132408.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 16368061138646585458736585827098.jpg
    16368061138646585458736585827098.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 16
I probably look like a crazy person, but I usually take them all out in a little pouch tucked into my bag. I try not to constantly play them one after the other, but I need to make sure they don't die!

I don't. I would feel embarrassed (not that you have too, that's just me) since I'm technically too old for toys (society's opinion) and I like to be careful with them.

I play to win. So far my routine has been max happiness, full bellies, clean floors at all times. I can't ensure that without taking them with me.

letsgo.jpg

Everyone has their own comfort level. In my 30 plus years I've never cared what others think of me, so I'm not going to start now! 🌟

I typically don't run more than 2 at a time.

For pre-color units, if I'm out running errands, they get clipped to my bag or belt loop.
If I'm headed into work, they get paused and tucked in my bag. (Sometimes I forget to do this, and I come home to very upset pets.)

Color units have a sitter feature so I tend to use that instead of taking them with me. The two exceptions are my Pix and my Smart. The Pix comes on fun outings attached to a lanyard, while the Smart (in housesitter mode) can visit the office strapped to my wrist.

When I was running 5 classic pets at once, I took them with me everywhere. Now that I'm mostly just playing with the Pix, I'm okay with taking care of its needs and leaving it behind, as it's much less needy.
Ooooooh you have a pix! How cool!! How is it?

I play to win. So far my routine has been max happiness, full bellies, clean floors at all times. I can't ensure that without taking them with me.

View attachment 6597

Everyone has their own comfort level. In my 30 plus years I've never cared what others think of me, so I'm not going to start now! 🌟
Omg!!! You have a similar bag as I have!!!!

I typically don't run more than 2 at a time.

For pre-color units, if I'm out running errands, they get clipped to my bag or belt loop.
If I'm headed into work, they get paused and tucked in my bag. (Sometimes I forget to do this, and I come home to very upset pets.)

Color units have a sitter feature so I tend to use that instead of taking them with me. The two exceptions are my Pix and my Smart. The Pix comes on fun outings attached to a lanyard, while the Smart (in housesitter mode) can visit the office strapped to my wrist.
Ahh that's pretty cool to know! How is that smart btw?

I take them with me. I've gone out with the plan to be home "within an hour" or sent them to the sitter or hotel with the intention of coming home after work only to not and be close to death(and occasionally an actual vpet will die). I don't do that anymore, they come with me no matter what. I'll run 2-3(well, 1.5 to 2.5 as the mini barely counts) at any given time and I stopped caring. Usually people get excited seeing someone playing with a tama. The nostalgia hits em pretty hard, tbh.

The Pix is super good! I really love it. I have a few complaints like the finicky buttons (though I got used to them and can press them properly now) and the miserable battery life, but it's totally fun to play with and I got really attached to my two Tamas I've raised on it so far :)

Speaking of seeing someone playing with a Tama, I've yet to encounter someone comment on me playing with mine yet like I have with other things like Nintendo GameBoy. But tbh I'm kinda hoping it happens some day. Would love to geek out with a stranger about love for Tamagotchi :)

Speaking of seeing someone playing with a Tama, I've yet to encounter someone comment on me playing with mine yet like I have with other things like Nintendo GameBoy. But tbh I'm kinda hoping it happens some day. Would love to geek out with a stranger about love for Tamagotchi :)
Go all in and wear it on a lanyard! Usually I get asked about it when in line at a store or fast food joint because I pull that out and not my phone.

I will note I don't recall being asked about it with any of the color tamas, just the grayscale ones. I think the new ones are too thicc to perk up the millennial nostalgia for a lot of people.

The Pix is super good! I really love it. I have a few complaints like the finicky buttons (though I got used to them and can press them properly now) and the miserable battery life, but it's totally fun to play with and I got really attached to my two Tamas I've raised on it so far :)

It would be pretty weird and cool at the same time if people would comment or ask me about Tamsgotchis if they see me playing with the :D

For me the answer is sometimes. It depends where I’m going and the life stage of my tama. If I’m going out for a quick errand I’ll probably not take them. When I pick up my child from preschool I have time to sit in the car so I’d take one then. If I was going for longer travel I’d take all that I was running secured in a pouch (usually max 4). I’ve thought of using a lanyard, but I would be worried of it banging on something by accident and it scratching or breaking. If I tuck it inside a jacket or such then I don’t see the point to wear it anyway. So I just prefer to tuck them in a pouch wrapped in a lens cloth. The cloth protects them from rubbing on each other, and I can use it to clear dust from the screen. I keep the pouch in my purse.

I do have one tama mini, and that is my one tama that I hang on my purse. I don’t worry about breaking or scratching it. I have an extra for backup if this one ever has a problem. I do find the minis sturdy enough (and cheap enough) to use this way and not worry about it. So this one would be on display and the rest I would keep secure inside my bag. I have had people ask about the mini.

Tamas are expensive and the vintage ones hard to come by so I prefer to keep mine tucked away or left at home.

I am in my 30s and have no issue with taking them out and playing in public.

I'd be afraid of carrying one on a lanyard because it might fall off and break or something, even though I know that's not likely if you secure it properly. But at least in my pocket it feels safe :3

I'd be afraid of carrying one on a lanyard because it might fall off and break or something, even though I know that's not likely if you secure it properly. But at least in my pocket it feels safe :3
Just don't out it on a belt loop or in a tiny pocket! Make sure they have depth!

I lost my very first tamagotchi as a child to a broken belt loop, it went to the bottom of the Wicomico river when I hopped off a boat onto the dock. 😭

Just don't out it on a belt loop or in a tiny pocket! Make sure they have depth!

I lost my very first tamagotchi as a child to a broken belt loop, it went to the bottom of the Wicomico river when I hopped off a boat onto the dock. 😭
Damn.... That sounds terrible!!! Reminds me on my favorite V6 that I lost in a shopping centre 🥺😭

It really depends on where I am going and which Tama I am running. For the most part I leave them at home, as I am always worried that the screens might get banged up, especially for a bigger one like the Pix. If I am going over to my brother's house, however, and I happen to be running a Digimon along with my Tama at the moment, I am required to bring my Digimon with me, no exceptions. Either battle at the front gate or I am fairly certain I am not allowed inside. :lol:

That said, I am in my 30s and have absolutely no qualms about taking them out in public. Everybody looks down at a screen nowadays while waiting for... anything really. Mine just happens to be in an egg shape and has a little blob of pixel cuteness looking back up at me.

I normally just put mine in my coat pocket and bring them everywhere that's not in my backyard I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's kinda warm though so I might need like a purse or something because my pockets are too small to get them in without them like sticking out and looking weird I'm planing to go to my mom's room and steal one of her purses tomorrow >:] she doesn't use them so I don't think she will be too upset lol

Latest posts

Back