Does anyoe here have OCD?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard8777

Reaction score
Does anyone here have OCD?

for those of you who don't knoe,it's like a glitch in the brain.

I'm not really sure how to explain it,but heres an example:

You get ready to go to bed,and you set your alarm clock.

If you have OCD,over the nigh you may have to check your alarm clock many times before your brain can accept the fact that it's set.

I have it,it sucks//

Obsesive compulsive disorder? No, I don't have it. My friend does though.

wait if i pause my tamagotchi i always double check and then check again and at school i worry and then at home i woory i done my homework wrong or my pens not in my bag!

no i think i have it!

Last edited by a moderator:
wait if i pause my tamagotchi i always double check and then check again and at school i worry and then at home i woory i done my homework wrong or my pens not in my bag!
no i think i have it!
If you had it you would know. It's not something like that or where you have to go back in the house to check if you left your straightener plugged in. You have to have everything perfect and feel like you need to check things thousands of times to make sure [right?].

only things that really matter to me like my tama and waking up on time and homework and other stuff like that makes me check it thouands of times talking online typeing doesnt bother me if i go wrong!

But stuff like tamagtochis make me worry myself even cry that i might not of done it even if i know i have i feel like i need to check again!

OCD is when you have something you obsess about... maybe you obsess about germs. Then you have a complusion, something you have to do.... your compulsion is to wash your hands over and over and over again or maybe you clean everything constantly

Obsession Compulsive Disorder

I do have OCD---mild, and there can be really extreme cases like the ones on MTV that you saw. Sometimes they are mild but they can be controled either way but it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience

super mametchi... here's a way to tell if you have OCD:

when you think about it... is there any reason you should worry about your tama after you KNOW you paused it

Is this thing you worry about something stupid and pointless

Does something in your head keep say "Check your tama" over and over and over and over again until you do?

If the answers are yes then I'm pretty sure you have OCD

OCD is when you have something you obsess about... maybe you obsess about germs. Then you have a complusion, something you have to do.... your compulsion is to wash your hands over and over and over again or maybe you clean everything constantlyObsession Compulsive Disorder

I do have OCD---mild, and there can be really extreme cases like the ones on MTV that you saw. Sometimes they are mild but they can be controled either way but it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience

super mametchi... here's a way to tell if you have OCD:

when you think about it... is there any reason you should worry about your tama after you KNOW you paused it

Is this thing you worry about something stupid and pointless

Does something in your head keep say "Check your tama" over and over and over and over again until you do?

If the answers are yes then I'm pretty sure you have OCD
Oops I made a mistake

Here are the answers to those questions that can tell if you have ocd

1. No

2. yes

3. yes

It's not bad but it is something that needs to be controlled by you and no one else can. OCD's can become unhealthy and make your life miserable (trust me). We aren't doctors so I suggest you talk to your parents/guardians and look up OCD on the internet and learn more about it

yes it does i have ocd :p :( is it bad?
I think to determine if you really do have OCD you need to go to a doctor or talk to a counselor about it and not just base it off this one thing. We aren't doctors here on TT and although we can help, we can't tell you if you really have it and/or the extremety or not.

I have OCD and I've been diagnosed by a doctor. I can't step on cracks, I am very phobic about germs to the point of panic attacks and hallucinations, and I find myself always having to double check things. There are also simple things around the house I have to fix if they are out of place. I'm on medication, but it can still be a hassle. I have to live with Bipolar Disorder also, which makes my life even harder, but medication and other things really help, so it's not all bad.

I think I don't have it. but my mom has OCB (obsessive compulsive behavior) and it's not really a 'disorder' unless it affects your life in a bad way and makes your life hard. my mom told me so :)

I don't have OCD but I do have little habits. Every night for the past couple of years I've checked under my pillow for spiders, because a couple of years ago my sister found a spider under her pillow and it's ever since then (and look all around my room for them, well mainly just near my bed).

Also in my boyfriends house I have to have certain plates, cups and knives/forks. And when I wash up I can't use the same sponge, and have to change the water 3-4 times and the cups have to be rinsed not soaked.

Yes I do, but it's gotten weaker over the years. I used to do weird things, (touch the shower curtain three times with your left hand, if you don't you'll die, etc.) now I don't although I constantly check things I already know I have done, and I tend to get stressed when things are put in new places. It's not that I'm a neat-freak, it's just that I get stressed if anyone moves around my stuff. And, I will always be scared of germs. I refuse to touch anything if it's been in the trash can for ANY lengh of time! :( I'm fine with my OCD, because I accept that it's the way I am, and it's pretty mild anyway.

There's no "I think I have it." Being a neat freak and checking over things does not equal OCD.

It's like if you break your arm in two parts, you wouldn't be going around saying, "Gee, I fell down and now I can't move my fingers! Maybe I broke my arm?"

My mom has OCD too,and we have constent fights..

The main one is with the computer//

on our moniter,,if the computer is turned off,the moniter button flashes until you press it.

I cannot focus on ANYTHING while it's blinking. My mom likes it on......

you see how that can be annoying?

Yes, I have OCD too. It doesn't really change my life that greatly. In fact, it actually helps a lot.

One of the annoying things that I have to deal with is every single time I take a shower I always check if the door is locked like 8 times when I am in the shower. I try to resist it but I can't. Also, whenever I have projects or homework due I always check like 9 times if it is in there or not. When I drop or spill something, I always have to pick it right up. I can't stand just looking at it. If I try to resist it, it feels as if someone is watching me in a way. I also can't stand when something isn't right into place perfectly. It bothers me a lot. OCD can be a hassle sometimes but it's not really life threatening. But it is very stressful at times. It has helped me through school greatly though. I never miss projects or assignments and my grades are near perfect.

All you have to do is learn how to control it and change it make it help you in life.

Good luck,

Love4tamas

Yes, I have OCD too.  It doesn't really change my life that greatly.  In fact, it actually helps a lot.One of the annoying things that I have to deal with is every single time I take a shower I always check if the door is locked like 8 times when I am in the shower.  I try to resist it but I can't.  Also, whenever I have projects or homework due I always check like 9 times if it is in there or not. When I drop or spill something, I always have to pick it right up.  I can't stand just looking at it.  If I try to resist it, it feels as if someone is watching me in a way.  I also can't stand when something isn't right into place perfectly.  It bothers me a lot.  OCD can be a hassle sometimes but it's not really life threatening.  But it is very stressful at times.  It has helped me through school greatly though.  I never miss projects or assignments and my grades are near perfect.

All you have to do is learn how to control it and change it make it help you in life.

Good luck,

Love4tamas
Wow. O.O

That's the best attitude I've heard in dealing with this.

Seriously, that's an awesome outlook! I wish I was more positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back