Dogfish's Tama Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogfish

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
so! i'm making a log! in the future i hope to include every tama (or other virtual pet) i get at least once here.

starting off with my first four!

PXL-20211020-194748137-2.jpg

from left to right: a translucent green P2 from 1996 nicknamed mori

a white with swirls P1 from 1997 nicknamed naruto

a mermaid P1 rerelease from 2017 nicknamed george

and the blue with pink numbers mini from 2018 ( i believe) nicknamed fran. this tama was the first i bought for myself earlier this year!

to make taking care of four tamas at once a little easier, i set two of them to different times, so usually they won't all be awake at once. mori is set three hours earlier so that it wakes up when i do, and george is twelve hours earlier, which makes it nocturnal. i don't expect a mametchi from it, since i have to sleep sometime :D . naruto and fran are both real time.

PXL-20211020-211233982-MP.jpg

here's mori (now a tonmarutchi) and i in its namesake! for now i'm on track for perfect care with all but george

(i'm not sure why the pictures are so small? haha. i'll try and fix that for next time)

Last edited by a moderator:
an update!
PXL_20211023_053824944.jpg
everyone has become teenagers! as i expected, one can't really care especially well for a tama whilst asleep, haha, so george is a kuchitamatchi. mori and naruto are both better care teens, though. i did get one care mistake on mori, so it'll probably end up a pochitchi. naruto will (hopefully) be a mametchi, like fran!
i would include a picture of her, but i got caught up all day and didn't get a chance to take one, lol
i'll include a little video of her next time! the animations on the mini are pretty cute imo :)

Looking forward to keeping up with your tamas :) I've never played with a Mini so that is an interesting one to me.

Retracted my previous comment in case you don't want to know exactly how the evolution works, sorry :) But it is still possible to get Mimitchi :)

Last edited:
i like the mini for how simple it is; it skips the baby and teen stages, and only takes a day to become an adult. it's an ideal tama for taking around if you don't want to be distracted too often, though i know some don't like it much for how few features there are (no game, only four adults + the secret character and oyajitchi after any adult gets old enough, no actual menu, etc).

all that aside, here's fran!
View attachment PXL_20211024_011850381~4.mp4
hope the vid works okay.

i did happen to read your other post, so i found out that apparently discipline is the deciding factor in the adult evolution. it's great to hear i might still have a chance at mimitchi! i don't know if mori will make another discipline call in time before he evolves, since i had to mess with the clock a little and he ended up gaining an extra year in age compared to naruto. not sure if that'll make a difference, though. it might be related to time elapsed rather than age as it's listed in the check menu.

still, i do hope it works out!

besides mori, naruto is still all good, no care mistakes. and george is... well i won't be surprised if i get tarakotchi, haha.

mori has evolved!

PXL_20211025_235640459~2.jpg

i could have sworn i only got one care mistake on him, and he did reach 100% discipline. maybe i misunderstand what constitutes a care miss? well, it's alright, i like pochitchi quite a bit, too! <3

PXL_20211026_000231325~2.jpg

here's the rest of the gang! george actually evolved last night, and i wasn't at all surprised to find nyorotchi haha. i've gotten it many times on the mini. naruto is still a teen, and i expect he'll be evolving either later today, or tomorrow. and fran is all fine as always, she hasn't yet gotten old enough to evolve to an elder.

i'd like to run another full round, going for the secret characters next, maybe adjusting the times a bit as well... you'll hear about it when it happens, i suppose!

naruto has evolved...!

View attachment PXL_20211026_021803702~2.mp4

he is... not mametchi lol. i have an idea as to why neither mori nor naruto became the best care adults; it may be that care misses during even the baby stage make a difference, because that's the only time i can think of for either of them to have accrued more than one (or more than zero, in naruto's case) care mistake. i had been under the impression that the baby stage wouldn't contribute to the final evolution...

well, the only way to be sure would be to test again, one with perfect care even in the baby stage, and one without, to see if that changes the outcome.

Ginjirotchi is so cute though ^^ I actually like it better than Mametchi

And maybe after my months of testing I still am wrong about how it works...? How much discipline did Tonmarutchi have when it evolved into Tongaritchi? Maybe it needs 100% instead of 75% to become the 'good' Tongaritchi/Tamatchi???????? I have a Tongaritchi I'm trying to get to Pochitchi right now, I have it at 75% discipline. I forget how much discipline it had when it first evolved though. We'll see what happens lol.

Last edited:
i like ginjirotchi as well!

as far as i can remember, tongaritchi started with 50% discipline and not 0%, which should mean it was a good version of itself... if P1's and P2's always make enough discipline calls for you to get them to 100% before the next evolution, i wouldn't have missed any of them, so i doubt that tongaritchi was a bad version. i'll have to pay closer attention to this next time to be sure!

in other news, nyorotchi on my george tama is no longer with us... so appears the next george:

PXL_20211026_191355294~2.jpgPXL_20211026_210059815.jpg

i changed it back to real time since mori and naruto are both also adults now, and require less attention. here's george II as a babytchi, for whom i got perfect care for probably no reason:

View attachment PXL_20211026_210607048~2.mp4

as expected, fran has evolved once more!

PXL_20211028_202728874~2.jpg

bill is the final evolution of mametchi on the mini, haha. it seems it was much harder to translate its original sprite to the smaller screen, and it makes bill look pretty odd, especially moving around. of course, bill was already a strange one!

george II is doing well, no care misses yet, and i'll make sure to avoid candy in the teenager stage to qualify for mametchi. for now, it's still a marutchi! (speaking of george, i actually lost the screw on the back almost a year ago when i needed to switch the battery, and then my room was vacuumed... can't take it anywhere without being afraid i might accidentally press the reset button, or that the battery will pop out. i'm not really sure what size screw to get to replace it... it's different from the originals.)

naruto and mori are still alive, and will be for quite a while yet! for next time i'll get pictures of their happy sprites; i think they're very cute!

no real updates to be had today!

george II is a tamatchi, still perfect care; fran is still bill as well.

here's a video of mori!

View attachment PXL_20211025_232025845~3_Trim.mp4

and a couple photos of naruto:

PXL_20211030_225228672~2.jpgPXL_20211030_225229833~2.jpg

because mori got an extra time travel nap, he's listed as 12 years old, while naruto is 11. i suppose i can expect them sticking around for another week or so. I'm glad to have them!

yep! exactly why it's called naruto haha

speaking of naruto...

PXL_20211101_020912381~2.jpgPXL_20211101_020925919~2.jpg

may they both rest in peace... they died while i was watching a movie with my sister. it sort of surprised me to see; they were left upstairs for just a few hours.

PXL_20211101_021108416~2.jpg

here we go again! mori II has been cared for perfectly as a baby, while naruto II has not. as long i maintain perfect care for them both from now on, we should definitively see whether the baby stage stopped me from getting the perfect care characters last time.

i do suspect that the level the meters are at upon evolution to toddler stage may be important... if they aren't full, they might count toward care mistakes then, while they would not have during the baby stage. both mori II and naruto II have full meters upon evolution, so if they both become perfect care adults, we'll know that the meters by the end of the baby stage have to be full to accrue no care misses.

we'll see how it goes!

fran and george II are well; fran remains bill, and george II has been cared for perfectly as far as i know. so I'll have at least one mametchi! he'll probably evolve tomorrow? i've paused it a few times, so it may be later.

all the tamas are in real time now, and i won't be afraid to pause them if i know i can't care for them for a while.

while i run the originals and the rerelease, i'd like to get all the characters on the mini so i can show their animations and such. after the test with mori II and naruto II is over, i'll run them one more time in search of the secret characters! by then, maybe i'll have more tamas to run :)

look forward to it!

PXL_20211103_194641624~2.jpg

fran has perished of old age... interesting tamagotchi mini feature: special characters take a full hour to die instead of the probably intended 60 seconds, so it's better to reset it.

here comes fran II!

PXL_20211103_194901959~2.jpg

marutchi's animation:

View attachment PXL_20211103_204430764~2.mp4

and here's the adult form of fran II:

View attachment PXL_20211104_211507214~2.mp4

i really like nyorotchi's animations on the mini too. it's just such a tiny little creature!!

mori II and naruto II have been alright, though i accidentally got distracted and turned their lights out twenty minutes after 8... so they each have 1 care miss. better make sure i don't get anymore! it's been much slower with me pausing them, so they aren't even teens yet... though they will be later today, i believe.

george II is fine, it'll be here a while. i don't think i'll keep running it after it dies this time, and focus more on the others.

thanks for reading!

had a lot of retail therapy today...!

i'll not get into the reason why, not really the place for it, haha

PXL_20211106_025359399~2.jpgPXL_20211106_025505795~2.jpg

my first liscensed nano! i really wanted the pac-man nano, but i'm not sure target keeps it in stock anymore... R2 is neat too, though! also, a rerelease with a design that i feel was made for me. nickname suggestions would be welcome! i don't think i'll be running them until after mori II and naruto II's little experiment is over.

speaking of, i've had to keep them paused the entire day pretty much, with how busy i was. they're both teens now, better care ones, but it'll still be a little while before they're adults!

stay tuned, i guess!

Oh, nice pickups! I can't stand the 'gen 1' rerelease. All those lost character games give me so much frustration T_T Give me the OG where I can just shove candies down their throat to shut them up XD Or at least the number game in the gen 2s :p

R2 looks cute, the Pac-Man is the licensed Nano that I wanted as well. Still hvae yet to get my hands on it.

Enjoy your new buddies! I vote Clarissa for the name suggestion for the rerelease :) Because of the 90s show Clarissa Explains it All haahaha.

also, a rerelease with a design that i feel was made for me. nickname suggestions would be welcome!
I'll suggest "Keanu", since lots of people named their children after Keanu Reeves back then. :lol:

I absolutely love @KuchipatchiPod's suggestion of "Clarissa", too. :biggrin:

I can't stand the 'gen 1' rerelease. All those lost character games give me so much frustration T_T
The programming for the character game is actually more pattern-based than luck-based* - once you get a feel for how it picks which left/right pattern to use during a game, you'll win most times that you play it and will save a lot of time. (Sorry that I can't describe it better than that - it really is all about playing it enough to get a feel for when it's the "Left/left/left/right/left" one versus the "Left/left/left/right/right" one, and so on!)

*And it's the same in both the original and the re-release, thankfully. The 1997 Western Tamagotchi literature suggested that some evolutions "cheat" at the game, and I'm glad that they didn't reprogram the re-releases to match that, like they did with the snacks being unhealthy! :lol:

i really wanted the pac-man nano,
the Pac-Man is the licensed Nano that I wanted as well. Still hvae yet to get my hands on it.
The Pac-Man Nano is my favourite of the licensed ones that I've encountered so far - so many cute references for both hardcore and casual Pac-Man fans! It's worth the effort to track down - just don't overpay for it, since they've been in ample supply for ages, now. :smile2:

Latest posts

Back