Fake Tamagotchis Are All over the Internet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically, scams and fakes are unavoidable. Even for people like me and you who know their Fakes from their legitimate items, there will be people who false advertise. I have definitely been scammed before, and also overcharged. Ebay is full of people like this.
It's an unfortunate truth, but I completely agree. We can only keep doing our best to look out for one another and avoid what we know to be a scam. Worrying about scammer's feelings about being reported shouldn't be the priority after all. I'm just sad we've all been through those major letdowns at some point. 😞

Hey, I see that this is an old thread, I'm a collector of many things and I'm just getting into tamagotchi. I saw one on ebay that advertised as rare and is quite expensive. Is there a way to DM any of you to chat about it? 

Hey, I see that this is an old thread, I'm a collector of many things and I'm just getting into tamagotchi. I saw one on ebay that advertised as rare and is quite expensive. Is there a way to DM any of you to chat about it? 
It would be best to make a thread over in the "What's On Your Mind?" or "Seriously Tamagotchi" sections of the forum for this, so that others in the community can benefit from the same advice. You don't have to post the link to the listing, though of course if you're looking for specifics then pictures and descriptions will help a lot! :)

I got a fake too. I mean I wouldn't say the fakes are bad, but its just not the same. the pet dies in literally a few minutes, and you will have to restart it again. Same as tamagotchi, but still very different. If u want to try, go to amazon and you will see thousands of them in the page, for only like 5 dollars. Bruh

I got a fake too. I mean I wouldn't say the fakes are bad, but its just not the same. the pet dies in literally a few minutes, and you will have to restart it again. Same as tamagotchi, but still very different. If u want to try, go to amazon and you will see thousands of them in the page, for only like 5 dollars. Bruh

Well I mean if you just want a virtual pet, sure. But fakes are a big problem for new collectors who might not know any better when they try to imitate the real thing, just like anything else with fakes trying to imitate them.

So I believe if they just list it as an off brand virtual pet, no harm no foul. But if they go out of their way to use the Tamagotchi branding, people just looking for a virtual pet are not their target to begin with.

Latest posts

Back