Farewell, TamaTalkers!

Help Support TamaTalk:

(Retired) Admin

Reaction score
Hello, TamaTalkers!

I hope you all are doing well… I wanted to update everyone on some changes.

Over 17 years ago we started this community based on a shared enjoyment of Tamagotchi. The community has changed quite a bit since the early days. Lots of things in the world have changed… Lots of people have come and gone. Interest in Tamagotchi has come and gone too. The great thing is, the community continued to move forward together.

I think this is a wonderful place that we tried to keep friendly and inviting for people of all ages (whether they played with virtual pets or not). For the most part, I think the community survived because of that friendliness.

Life happens though… This pandemic has been world altering for all us. Unfortunately, my time and resources just haven’t been able to justify keeping things going. It is time for me to retire as Admin of TamaTalk. I’ve supported this site for 17 years (thanks to those of you that donated to help!)… It’s time for me to let go. I feel like a parent reaching that time where I send my grown child out into the world.

The choice came down to either shutting the whole thing down or finding a way to let it live on. Fortunately, a way to let TamaTalk live on presented itself. I have transferred ownership of TamaTalk to a group that will keep things available for everyone and help the site evolve to the next stage. I really think they will be able to move things forward in a way I just could not. Even better, the community gets to live on without me. TamaTalk is in good hands.

I wanted to send out my thanks to everyone for making this such a special place. Extra thanks to the Guides for being the best moderator team in the world. Thank you all so much. I am grateful for the time we spent together and wish everyone the best.

Time for me to ride off into the sunset…

Sincerely,

(Retired) Admin

Tamacass

Reaction score
Thank you so much for starting this website all those years ago! Tamatalk opened me up to a whole side of the internet I'd never seen before - it's amazing now looking back on when I joined all those years ago, seeing all the interests people had that years later I'd also pick up (as well as Tamagotchi itself)! I lurk more than anything nowadays, but this place has always consistently been at the top of my favourites bar across the many, many computers I've owned for a reason. Even before I knew I could favourite things, the main URL to the forums page was memorized in my mind, haha! Most importantly, however, I made good friends here and discovered a niche little toy that to this day has people asking me "hey, I had one of those back in the day! Do you know where to buy one?"

I've learnt a lot from this place, and I'd love to stick it out for as long as you have. I'll miss you admin. Cheers to the new owners, and for many more members to come! <3

iAM

TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Thank you Admin for keeping this forum this long and keep supporting people who still enjoy this hobby.

I wish you the best and hopefully we will get to see you here every once in a while. 😊💙

Bentobuff

Reaction score
*tearing up* thank you so much- I actually went to go donate to the site the other night because of how invaluable of a resource it's been to me over the years, and the site was down for maintenance so I never got the chance. 😅

I've been using this site since I was a child; thank you for being a wholesome influence on so many of us. 💖

Alex Grigoriou

TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello, TamaTalkers!

I hope you all are doing well… I wanted to update everyone on some changes.

Over 17 years ago we started this community based on a shared enjoyment of Tamagotchi. The community has changed quite a bit since the early days. Lots of things in the world have changed… Lots of people have come and gone. Interest in Tamagotchi has come and gone too. The great thing is, the community continued to move forward together.

I think this is a wonderful place that we tried to keep friendly and inviting for people of all ages (whether they played with virtual pets or not). For the most part, I think the community survived because of that friendliness.

Life happens though… This pandemic has been world altering for all us. Unfortunately, my time and resources just haven’t been able to justify keeping things going. It is time for me to retire as Admin of TamaTalk. I’ve supported this site for 17 years (thanks to those of you that donated to help!)… It’s time for me to let go. I feel like a parent reaching that time where I send my grown child out into the world.

The choice came down to either shutting the whole thing down or finding a way to let it live on. Fortunately, a way to let TamaTalk live on presented itself. I have transferred ownership of TamaTalk to a group that will keep things available for everyone and help the site evolve to the next stage. I really think they will be able to move things forward in a way I just could not. Even better, the community gets to live on without me. TamaTalk is in good hands.

I wanted to send out my thanks to everyone for making this such a special place. Extra thanks to the Guides for being the best moderator team in the world. Thank you all so much. I am grateful for the time we spent together and wish everyone the best.

Time for me to ride off into the sunset…

Sincerely,

(Retired) Admin
I honestly can't thank you enough for keeping this community alive for so long. This forum gave us a lot of motivation regarding the TamaTown restoration project. I'm sure the community is in good hands. Thank you for your service.

Mathew Belmont

Reaction score
I've been on this site for 13 years now, with my original account. You have really made this place one of the best websites in my lifetime. I am so glad to still be here, and none of it would have been possible without you. My real life friends, online friends, and family have all been a part of this website throughout the years. Thank you so much for everything you've done and making this all possible. We will miss you and hope to see you again.

graficks

TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi
Reaction score
What a journey you’ve had, Admin! Without you TamaTalk will never feel the same, but 100% understand that as life changes, so do one’s priorities. I wish you all the best as you continue your new journey outside of TamaTalk. Thank you for everything, truly. This place helped grow my love and admiration for Tamagotchi’s into an experience of something more: a vibrant and curious community for all ages, backgrounds, stories and connections. I will never forget you or this place! Thank you again for all the beautiful memories by keeping TamaTalk alive.

Bon voyage, Admin!

KuchipatchiPod

Reaction score
I'm relatively new here but I'm very glad to know the site won't be going anywhere. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication over the years!!

chrispilot2293

Reaction score
Thank you for giving me the best memories of my childhood.
TamaTalk (and by extension, TamaChat) was MY social media, no mySpace or Bebos for me back then, just TamaTalk ❤️

I'll always remember the friends I made back then, even if we have lost our connection and I couldn't remember their usernames if I tried 😭

Penguin-keeper

TamaTalk Guides
Staff member
Reaction score
STUPID WAITING TIME THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN INVISION COMMUNITY.
That could have been avoided if you'd edited your message instead of double-posting, per the rules. ;) (I've merged them for you.)

Really, though, this is an inappropriate thread for all-caps ranting about the forum software - (Retired) Admin deserves better than that, don't you think? :)