Favorite Ancestor Tamagotchi...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean. When you factor in how many figures are going to be released, it's going to get expensive pretty fast. I'm really glad Bandai came out with the +C and ID (though I haven't gotten the latter yet). Sure, we all wish that it could be released here but I can't see many Americans (at least when compared to the Japanese and their market) shelling out over $50 for one Tamagotchi. I'm glad it's at least available online for purchase. As for the Osu/Mesu, have you tried looking on Ebay? They're there all the time. They're not as expensive or elusive as some of the more rarer vintage Tamagotchis. Also, with a lot of the vintage Tamagotchis, as long as you're patient when looking on Ebay, you're bound to find what you want eventually. It took me a few months to find my blue/smoky pair and I got them for $15-16, including shipping. So you never know!

Well I voted for the tamagotchi angel ;) I don't currently have any vintage tamagotchis, but if all goes well I should have a pink angel headed my way today ;)

I also have seen screenshots and reviews about the mothra, and I want it SUPER BAD! But ebay and amazon are empty so I suppose I will have to wait.

My first tama was a p1 when they first came out- I think I killed it an average of once every other day :0

Well I voted for the tamagotchi angel :nyatchi: I don't currently have any vintage tamagotchis, but if all goes well I should have a pink angel headed my way today :chohimetchi: I also have seen screenshots and reviews about the mothra, and I want it SUPER BAD! But ebay and amazon are empty so I suppose I will have to wait.

My first tama was a p1 when they first came out- I think I killed it an average of once every other day :0
That's great news! Angels are always nice to have. They're really low-maintenance and the animations are so cute. Keep trying on Ebay for the Mothra (they probably will never be on Amazon)! Those are neat as well.

An update for you guys: just got a Devilgotchi for $70! I'm liking it so far, quickly becoming a favorite. :) Next on my list of Tamagotchi purchases: a Santagotchi.
I was wondering how you found a Devilgotchi? I've been searching and searching on Ebay for the past month and haven't seen one.

I was wondering how you found a Devilgotchi? I've been searching and searching on Ebay for the past month and haven't seen one.
I bought it through a private seller. Keep trying on Ebay! They're bound to turn up. :)

Thanks and if you find one randomly let me know :)
Sure thing! :) Also, you could save a search for "Devilgotchi/Devilgotch/Tamagotchi Devil" (I like to use various combinations to get more results) on Ebay, so you don't have to be looking day after day. An e-mail will be sent to you when it becomes available!

I've been a big Tamagotchi fan right from the beginning, so it should be easy to understand when I say that I'm most fond of the P1. Mametchi, Kuchipatchi and Tamatchi are my favourite creatures, and I'm extremely fond of the massive range of designs they released for both the P1 and the P2. I originally started with a P2, after being sold a P2 instead of a P1 by my local Toys 'R' Us. The Tamagotchi was impossible to get hold of at that time, so I was delighted just to have one. I later picked up a P1, followed by the Angel and the first three versions of the Digimon.

I have to say that of all the English releases I've played, the Tamagotchi Angel is my least favourite. The casing looked a bit cheap when compared to the P1 and P2 models, and the casing designs themselves looked like they were marketed exclusively towards girls. I also thought that the background artwork diluted the contrast of the screen, making it much harder to see your Tamagotchi. I haven't played with my Angel since shortly after it was released, so it'll be interesting to go back to it and see what I think of it today.

I'm currently running a clear magenta P1 with yellow buttons, and I have a sixteen year old Mametchi. I've recently acquired some of the more unusual Tamagotchi models, including the Genjitch, Morino, Ocean (American), Mothra, Dr. Slump, American Chibis and many Japanese P1 models. I have my eyes open for a Devilgotchi, Doraemon, Japanese P2 Sl and S2's, and the Osu/Mesu pairs, but I'm mainly waiting for payday next week when I intend to get a pair of Santaclautchis in time for Christmas.

@stu_dee_jay ooohhhh santaclautchis! I'd love to get my hands on one of those! Good hunting ;)

For the longest time I thought my first Tama was a p1, and I recently ordered an exact copy, and it ends up I had a p2. *loses tamagotchi street cred* are there any other differences in the 2 besides the characters? I would have never noticed had I not compared the growth charts.

@stu_dee_jay ooohhhh santaclautchis! I'd love to get my hands on one of those! Good hunting ;)

For the longest time I thought my first Tama was a p1, and I recently ordered an exact copy, and it ends up I had a p2. *loses tamagotchi street cred* are there any other differences in the 2 besides the characters? I would have never noticed had I not compared the growth charts.
Great question! Well, for starters, P1s usually don't say "Tamagotchi" on the egg. If you buy online and it comes with the box, the color of the box is usually purple and pink for a P1 and blue and pink for the P2. Sometimes the seller provides pictures of the box with the flap opened up. If you see Kutchipatchi on the plastic covering, right over where the Tamagotchi's screen should be, it's a P1. If you see his P2 counterpart, Hashizotchi (looks a lot like a duck), it's a P2. Speaking of packaging and stuff, lets say you buy a Japanese P1 or P2. Those typically don't come in boxes, but on cards, like this. If the seller doesn't list it as P1 or P2, you can still tell, again, by the character on the plastic cover. There are other subtle differences between the two as well, but rather than going on and on about them (which I probably would :p ), I'd rather show you this amazing site that I've been visiting for years. If you click on FAQ, it'll provide you the answer to your very question, in a more succinct manner than I can deliver it. :) The Tips section is pretty helpful too.

@stu_dee_jay: getting a Santagotchi would be awesome! I think that's the last of the vintages on my wish-list. They're pricey though, typically around $200 on Ebay. I might try my hand at Yahoo Japan auctions someday and see how that goes.

The easiest way to tell a P1 from a P2 is the background of the Tamagotchi screen. It's a wavy sort of chequerboard on the P1, and a series of circular swirls in the P2 (both patterns are alternated in blue and yellow). Western P2s also exchanged the needle icon to a medicine bottle and spoon, I believe. If you're actually running the Tamagotchi, the most obvious difference is the game you play: it's a simple game of left and right on the P1 and a numbers game on the P2.

I can't wait to try the Santaclautchi, though my wallet is still recovering from purchasing a Tamagotchi Ocean. I reckon the Morino will be the next one I un-tab. Exciting times!

Finally have a little more time over the break to pull out my Oceangotchi. I had forgotten how fun and incredibly difficult these ones can be! It's definitely one of my favorites because of its complexity, oddly enough. I also like it because of the motion sensor function.

There all so appealing! I'd die if I died without ever having a Devilgotchi [just noticed that I'd die twice!]... Thats why when I get a phone Imma gonna try find the TamaMonster APP =3

On another note, I'm bidding on an osu & mesu set now <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Morino by far :D , to be honest ive tried many of the tamas and i love them all< but tamagotchi plus and all the american connections im not a big fan of. I like to stick to the japanese

I currently don't have any but I'm getting an Angel soon. From what I've read I think that the Angel is the best. :) .

Hmm, which do you prefer/think is better? A devilgotchi or a yasashii? Hard to choose, I know. :angry:

Oceangotchi. I like they way they used the sound sensors. :)

I've wanted a Devilgotchi for a long time, but they're far too pricy for my wallet. XD

Since my last post in this thread, I haven't had any luck at all with finding any new Digimon.

eBay is impossible due to insane sellers and artifical inflation, and I haven't had any miracle thrift store finds. *insert sad face here*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back