Favorite tamagotchi version and why?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sahara

Reaction score
Hello tamafriends!

What is your favorite tamagotchi version, gameplay-wise, and why?

I’ve been thinking about all of the things I enjoy about different versions and why and was curious what everyone else thought!
For me, I think the ON and the ID L are my favorite so far. I just prefer the gameplay and feeling of progression overall.

I also hope you’re having a lovely week! Remember to keep your head up and drink water! >:~D

My favourite has always been, and still is, the original version of the Gen 1 (plus its more-recent remake), with its clearly-defined full-lifecycle gameplay, and mechanics and evolutionary paths that can feasibly be understood by one person experimenting with the device on their own. It's all simple-but-effective, which was what made it such a big success in the first place, and that's why I love it. :smile2:

Hello tamafriends!

What is your favorite tamagotchi version, gameplay-wise, and why?

I’ve been thinking about all of the things I enjoy about different versions and why and was curious what everyone else thought!
For me, I think the ON and the ID L are my favorite so far. I just prefer the gameplay and feeling of progression overall.

I also hope you’re having a lovely week! Remember to keep your head up and drink water! >:~D
I think the On/Meets, Dream M!X, P’s and 4U are favorites in terms of appearance. But in terms pf actual gameplay, the Pix/Pix Party looks most appealing to me

I think the On/Meets, Dream M!X, P’s and 4U are favorites in terms of appearance. But in terms pf actual gameplay, the Pix/Pix Party looks most appealing to me
The Aikatsu collabs are also super duper cute

Of the classics, I think my favorite is the P2 or devilgotchi. The devi has a nice loud speaker compared the most virtual pets in general, the Care mechanics are pretty easy once you figure them out, and the mini games pretty easy too, but the thing I don't like about it is how expensive it is these days. The P2 is a classic and I love the little mini game.

Of the newer ones, I'm definitely going to the date myself here, I think it's the V4/4.5 or the en/uratama. While I do appreciate the "getting a better character based on care" aspect of the older connections in relation to the vintage tamas, sometimes I just want a cute character and I don't want to have to worry about taking perfect care of it during a busy part of life. Anytime I hit a difficult patch when working full time and attending university 2/3rds time, I always went to my entama. The minigames were mostly pretty easy and it was extremely compact and could just slide in my pants/slacks pocket.

I'm honestly not sure; I've never ran a Tamagotchi I've disliked. I sometimes get on kicks of running competitor virtual pets (like Gigas) so there are a lot of classic Tamagotchis I haven't ran yet. The P1 and P2 models are great, everything that Penguin-Keeper wrote is accurate.

I think everyone can agree though the Ocean is the worst Tamagotchi, lol.

I'm honestly not sure; I've never ran a Tamagotchi I've disliked. I sometimes get on kicks of running competitor virtual pets (like Gigas) so there are a lot of classic Tamagotchis I haven't ran yet. The P1 and P2 models are great, everything that Penguin-Keeper wrote is accurate.

I think everyone can agree though the Ocean is the worst Tamagotchi, lol.
Can confirm, have only reached adult stage twice with an Ocean. You could burp, and those things would die.

I might be biased since the V4.5 was my very first Tamagotchi, but it's the one I always go back to and have the most fun with. It has a very wide array of games and jobs, and the life cycle isn't too long or too short. I also feel like the genetic aspect and the skill system is quite elaborate so there's always some feeling of discovery to see what Tamagotchi you'll get and what jobs might open up. I also think the derpy look some of the sprites have add a lot of charm as well. :biggrin:

While I no longer own a functioning one, my all time favorite has got to be the Connection V2. I have no idea why, honestly. It wasn't my first Tama. I started with the P2 as the P1 was impossible to find. It was however my very last Tama until the On. I don't know if it's how indifferent I felt towards the On that makes me nostalgic towards the V2, or the fact that it had just the right mix of classic Tama with just a few new additions to make it feel fresh to me, or what. All I know is I love it! I still pop in a battery on the two I own once a year to see if either will do something other than instantly turn off or stay locked on the egg screen.

Of the ones I own that still work, surprisingly I would have to say it's the Pix. My husband got it for me for my birthday last year, and despite my immense lack of interest on a Tama with a camera I really, really enjoy the little bugger. I also have a soft spot for the classic P1 and P2, but again, not sure if nostalgia is what coaxes me to start those up every now and then. :tongue:

I honestly really like the music star as well. It’s got a lot of features for a non-color tama and I found the balance between the practicing and managing your tama’s stress to be really rewarding.
I have a soft spot for the v4.5 as well since that was my first tama, and sending your tama to school/work is fun.
Modern color tamagotchis are fun but I find the amount of features and the work it takes to keep the hunger/happy meters up to be kinda overwhelming. But I really appreciate the sitter function on the pix :)

I honestly really like the music star as well. It’s got a lot of features for a non-color tama and I found the balance between the practicing and managing your tama’s stress to be really rewarding.
I have a soft spot for the v4.5 as well since that was my first tama, and sending your tama to school/work is fun.
Modern color tamagotchis are fun but I find the amount of features and the work it takes to keep the hunger/happy meters up to be kinda overwhelming. But I really appreciate the sitter function on the pix :)
I once asked my mom to get one on amazon but since it cost $400+ dollars, I couldn't. Sadly, the last one was taken a few weeks later.

Apologies for derailing the thread, but 400 dollars?! Why have the prices for Tamagotchi Connections spiked so badly in recent years? I bought a Music Star still in the box for around 50 back in the late 2010's.

Oh interesting! I didn’t really like the pix gameplay as much, however I loved that you had to tuck them into bed at night!!! :3 what was your favorite part of the game

Oh interesting! I didn’t really like the pix gameplay as much, however I loved that you had to tuck them into bed at night!!! :3 what was your favorite part of the gameplay?
It's the decor parts mostly.

Apologies for derailing the thread, but 400 dollars?! Why have the prices for Tamagotchi Connections spiked so badly in recent years? I bought a Music Star still in the box for around 50 back in the late 2010's.
I’ve been scouring eBay lately and am really shocked to see just how much the connections have been going for
Makes me grateful I decided to get some used ones several years back

I’ve been scouring eBay lately and am really shocked to see just how much the connections have been going for
Makes me grateful I decided to get some used ones several years back
Same here. I'm glad that I still have the ones I owned as a kid - I'm convinced it's nostalgia that's making the prices so outrageous. I've seen similar complaints from Pokemon card collectors and ebay.

I once asked my mom to get one on amazon but since it cost $400+ dollars, I couldn't. Sadly, the last one was taken a few weeks later.
Geeze Louise! That's highway robbery!

I'll have you know there's one listed as buy it now on eBay for $250, but there's a few auctions hanging at around $100. Maybe you'll want to just bide your time and try to snag one for a good price on auction?

That said I loathed the music star, barely used it when I bought it new back in the day, but now I REALLY regret getting rid of it 😂

Latest posts

Back