Gen 1 Screw Story *long*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My JIS screwdrivers arrived a few days ago, and they're FANTASTIC. I used to strain myself so much with a Phillips Head every time I wanted to remove a screw, but it's so easy with the JIS ones!

So, would using a JIS on Devilgotchi screws prevent the heads from breaking off? Because that's my biggest worry. :/ I know that the Devil screws are notoriously soft, but are they really that much softer than the regular vintage ones? I'm having a hard time finding replacement screws, but i also don't want to keep the Devil screws in if there's even a slight chance that they could break off over time. Any tips?
I've gotta say-

I ordered a set of 4 JIS screwdrivers from Amazon for about $15 plus $5 shipping. They arrived recently, and I had at least 3 vintage Tamas waiting to be opened up to get the batteries out. I used the JIS screwdriver, and wow, huuuuge difference. Like night and day difference. I struggled with Phillips... I had to push very hard and be very careful at the same time. With the JIS ones, it was like boom easymode. I didn't have to push as hard, and they seemed to open a million times easier.

I'd recommend them in a heartbeat, and would definitely praise Binary for filling me in. I did a ton of searching beforehand and didn't read anything about the difference screwdrivers.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW......So long!

I can imagine what you were feeling when the screws got stripped, happened to me one my old V2......

But I mean, it must of been something you really loved if you cried over it. I mean, I've almost broken my Tama once, and I havent cried. You are 21, and you cried! Imagine how much you treasured that Tama!

Im glad you ended up with it being royalty, treasured, and going every where with you^^

I lucked out that they matched so perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back