Gen 1 tamagotchi care questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

narla_hotep

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I got one of those new Gen 1 tamagotchis that is a reboot of the original 1997 pet. The first two times I tried to raise it, it died exactly at 3 days old, and after reading online it may be because I fed it some snacks as a child. (Did the original tamagotchi have this quirk too, where it dies even if given just a few snacks?) On my 3rd try I've gotten it to an adult, and it's a masukuchi. I heard this one happens when you take very bad care of the tamagotchi during the teen period, but I honestly don't know what I did wrong. I only ever let it get down to 2 hungry hearts one time, and every other time I caught it at 3 hearts. Whenever I had a happy heart down I played the game instead of feeding snacks. I may have missed a discipline call or 2, but the discipline meter was full. So what counts as a care mistake for this tama, that caused it to evolve into that character?  Was shooting for mamechi so am curious for next time.  

one more question: how long do the gen 1 tamas usually live? since this is the first time I've gotten to an adult character. Does lifespan vary by character and do they get more needy when they get old like I've heard the original 1997 ones did? 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's interesting! The only thing I can think of is the weight factor, or turning the lights off at night. I have a P2 and I've always found it extremely hard!! I think missing a discipline call is a care mistake, even if the bar is full, but two misses wouldn't make for a very bad care character. From what I know, they tend to live between 7-12 days. :)  Hope this helps, but if not I'm here to help however I can!! :D   

EDIT: And yes, they do get more needy as they get older. Poorer care characters tend to be more sickly by default.  :)  

And to add to that, the snack-to-death consequence wasn't present in the 1990s originals, which does change a bit about how you have to raise them if you want a particular character (though it's still fairly similar), because as far as I've found, not only do too many snacks cause an early death, but too many but not enough to kill them seems to affect what they evolve into, as well. I don't think that anyone has converted any old guides to be accurate to the reissues, either - or at the very least I haven't heard of anything of this sort so far.

And to add to that, the snack-to-death consequence wasn't present in the 1990s originals, which does change a bit about how you have to raise them if you want a particular character (though it's still fairly similar), because as far as I've found, not only do too many snacks cause an early death, but too many but not enough to kill them seems to affect what they evolve into, as well. I don't think that anyone has converted any old guides to be accurate to the reissues, either - or at the very least I haven't heard of anything of this sort so far.
Yeah, it's a bit of a mystery with no clear answers. I have trouble getting my head around snacks and what exactly would cause a care mistake; would you have to snack, game,... etc. to prevent care mistakes, or is filling the happiness hearts, then play games okay??? Should you only feed snacks if your tama won't play a game? Am I overthinking this? :eek:

From what I found during my runs, one or two, maybe a maximum of three, throughout their entire lifespan (never all in one stage) seems to be ok. I didn't mess with it any more than that.

From what I found during my runs, one or two, maybe a maximum of three, throughout their entire lifespan (never all in one stage) seems to be ok. I didn't mess with it any more than that.
Thank you for that! I wasn't really aware of that, especially as I'm used to the later connection series and not having to think about snacks as potential care mistakes if used appropriately! :D  I've forgot, but do tamas in the P2 refuse to play if their weight is low? It's been a while, haha!  :rolleyes:

This new tamagotchi hasn't refused a game yet, haha. Even tho its weight has been down pretty low at times. My connections will refuse to play if their weight is too low tho. I also ordered an original tamagotchi from 97 on ebay as well to see what that's like... this quarantine has made me a bit of a collector out of boredom lol. 

This new tamagotchi hasn't refused a game yet, haha. Even tho its weight has been down pretty low at times. My connections will refuse to play if their weight is too low tho. I also ordered an original tamagotchi from 97 on ebay as well to see what that's like... this quarantine has made me a bit of a collector out of boredom lol. 
Ah, great! That clears it up then. I would pretend that the snack option doesn't exist and just play games. :D

EDIT: Oh, and remember meals are also +1lbs, so be sure to keep it balanced so that the weight doesn't get too high. :)

Same here, haha! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back