Gen 1 Tamagotchi keeps dying?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KameMelodic

Reaction score
Hello, everybody!

Recently, I purchased a Gen 1 tamagotchi rerelease off of Amazon, planning to raise it alongside my partner’s.

For the first 4 days I had him, I took care of my beloved Soda Can nonstop, taking every precaution needed. I played the game, turned off the lights during bedtime/naptime, never overfed him, disciplined him at all the right times, and always kept his meters full.

Despite this, on the 4th day, he died, completely out of the blue.

it wasn’t that I had been neglecting him that day, or anything. I happened to set him aside for around 10 minutes or so, as I was with my partner at the time, when a loud beeping occurred and we discovered he had passed. I was heartbroken, but after a bit of time, reset the system.

Another 3 days of nonstop care later, it happened in the middle of the grocery store. I had checked all his meters before entering, but 5 minutes after going in, the beeping occurred again, and he was dead.

Today, about 20 minutes ago, another 3 days after the second reset, he died *again*.

I can’t tell if I’m doing something wrong here, or if my tama’s faulty?? I’m really confused and upset, and im not sure why this keeps happening. If anyone could help me out, id greatly appreciate it.

Hey, sorry to hear about this.

Do you feed them many Snacks? My understanding is the re-releases are really harsh on the snacks/candies being really bad for your Tama!

Yeah, I’ve heard the same! I only feed him as many snacks as it takes to fill up his meters, and never more than he needs.

Yeah, I’ve heard the same! I only feed him as many snacks as it takes to fill up his meters, and never more than he needs.

I think that's the problem. :( Are you filling his Happiness meters with the snacks?

I believe it's quite strict, like even 1-2 snacks in the baby stage is considered "bad" care. It's a shame we can't reward our Tamas with plentiful snacks. 😅

Ah, yikes!!

that could be it; I was only writing it off because my partner has been raising theirs in the same way (as far as I know) without issues; all snacks for happiness and whatnot

I’ll try raising him without so many snacks this time around, see if that helps!! :D thank you!

I Checked in with my partner- their baby has lived fine for 10 days with nothing but snacks, and a few games here and there (they hardly play the games; the noises stress them out and they don’t like muting theirs), so I.

hm.

I Checked in with my partner- their baby has lived fine for 10 days with nothing but snacks, and a few games here and there (they hardly play the games; the noises stress them out and they don’t like muting theirs), so I.

hm.
That is crazy! I gave mine too many Snacks and it died in like, a day lol

Ah, crazy!! Yeah, I guess Soda Tab (theirs) is just an absolute legend, then 😂

hm.
hey, aforementioned partner- can confirm snacks have never had a negative affect on my baby ^^ im. a bit confused as to whats going on as well haha

Tab's been going well for about 8 days with maybe 3-4 snacks a day depending on if Im able to bring them with me or not- I do have classes, so that might be a factor in how they're still going..?

Last edited:
hey, aforementioned partner- can confirm snacks have never had a negative affect on my baby ^^ im. a bit confused as to whats going on as well haha

Tab's been going well for about 8 days with maybe 3-4 snacks a day depending on if Im able to bring them with me or not- I do have classes, so that might be a factor in how they're still going..?

That is so convenient though, the game gets a little tedious haha.

What's Tab's weight on?

That is so convenient though, the game gets a little tedious haha.

What's Tab's weight on?
its kind of fluctuating bc ive been trying to play the games more(as my beloved stated, the noise when you start the game scares the light out of me and I tend to end up not doing great as a result) but hes at 96oz right now(8y)- trying to bring him down, though ^^

You said you have a Gen 1. What Gen is your partners? Wondering if the Gen 2 is more forgiving on snacks. As mentioned already, you gotta play the game to raise happiness for a long life. Pretty sure we all find it annoying 🤣, but the game is still pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back