Good Replacment for Sound Wires?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamaninjacat

Reaction score
I have a couple of old tamas that lost their sound a few years ago and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for replacing the sound wires? I have the original ones, but I think it would be easier to repair them with an alternative wire. What type of wire will work best?

I am pretty sure just any kind of small copper wire should work. I don't imagine too much current goes through those wires. For the best connection you will need a soldering iron and some solder to connect it to the unit. Tape would work in most cases but may not hold very well and become disconnected.

I am pretty sure just any kind of small copper wire should work. I don't imagine too much current goes through those wires. For the best connection you will need a soldering iron and some solder to connect it to the unit. Tape would work in most cases but may not hold very well and become disconnected.
Thank you! I think I have some copper wire lying around somewhere and I can borrow my dad's soldering iron, so this should be a quick fix. ^_^

Looking at videos of people repairing gameboy speakers could help, since the speaker tamagotchi uses is pretty similar to that of a gameboy.
Thanks for the advice! I was looking into Tamagotchi speaker repair videos and wasn't finding much, so I'll definitely look at some Gameboy speaker repair videos.

If you do read this, there is a good video on Digimon speakers. Smouldering iron, wire, I suggest watching it. I am going to try. It with my Angelgotchi, the sound on that is pretty rough.

If you do read this, there is a good video on Digimon speakers. Smouldering iron, wire, I suggest watching it. I am going to try. It with my Angelgotchi, the sound on that is pretty rough.
I'll look into this as well! I haven't gotten around to fixing the wires yet partly because of school and partly because I'm just too nervous to. :p  I plan on soldering wires to the circuit board of a broken V1 for practice before I try it on my other tamas. Hopefully I'll feel more confident about the whole thing after that.

Oh Yay! I have to say, My grandad opened my Pixel Chix Up with a screwdriver (Meanwhile, I was on the sofa as a nervous wreck, it was hell) and it came apart, BUT the whole thing was held on from the roof. I would only recommend using this on Bandai Vpets, but if you find how to on another type, go ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back