Got 1st tama and it’s the r2d2 but I’m already asking if I should return it? If it’s decent tama I’ll keep and just add to the collection

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitBoiThaBot

Reaction score
i’ve always heard about them of course like everybody else and went to a toy shop that happened to have two different kinds and I had never seen one in person before so I looked at them and couldn’t tell what I should get so I just got there r2 D2 one because it looks cool it’s Star Wars, Everybody loves Star Wars right? Well I wish I would’ve done five minutes of Google searching because I 100% would’ve bought the other one since it’s more reminiscent of the original gameplay, no it begs the question is R2-D2 at least somewhat fun/worth opening it and keeping it? Should I return it? if I keep the R2D2 and like it I’ll end up just getting another more powerful model, so keep or return r2d2? And maybe a some reasons it’s worth and not worth keeping

If you like the look of it, then it might be worth keeping it and using it as a fashion accessory, but if you're not really gelling with the gameplay loop of the R2D2 tama then I would probably return it. For the most part, the licensed nano tamas are meant to serve as gateways into Tamagotchi for fans of other IPs, and aside from a couple minor tweaks for each release are functionally identical to one another.

If you do end up returning it, then I would suggest the reissued original tama instead. It's still not as fully featured as the color screen models, but the gameplay loop is considerably more involved than on the licensed nanos. There's also a metric crap-load of shell designs to choose from, so it's likely you'll find one you like. Sticking with the star wars theme, maybe something like the Tama Universe (left) or Starry Shower (right) shells would suit you!

ezgif-3-588c0886a9.pngezgif-3-cae2790f53.png

Latest posts

Back