Green Egg VPet. Does Anyone Know What This Is?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamaFurby

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I found this while cleaning out my one of my drawers. I remember having it but I never really played with it. I was young and thought that this thing sucked. I think one of my parents might have given it to me second hand. I don’t remember unboxing it. Why does looking at this make me feel like it’s something that would’ve come from a happy meal or something?

340839FF-D7BE-4357-8284-7043C896CD55.jpeg

I have figured out some basic functions. A scrolls right, B is cancel, C selects, and D scrolls left. The icons are so tiny I think I might need binoculars.

Last edited:
Does it have any markings on the back? Like a year, producer…

It looks really similar to a 'New Generation Virtual Pet', with some differences (e.g. I couldn't find one with the cover):

s-l1600.jpg

But it has the same amount of pets and the same style buttons! They don't have much of an online presence either, I wonder if one of these is a bootleg of the other?

Does it have any markings on the back? Like a year, producer…
No there is nothing on the back.
It looks really similar to a 'New Generation Virtual Pet', with some differences (e.g. I couldn't find one with the cover):

s-l1600.jpg

But it has the same amount of pets and the same style buttons! They don't have much of an online presence either, I wonder if one of these is a bootleg of the other?
Could be. I have noticed sound effects used in some newer bootlegs. Don't know if that means anything though.

Yes, that is the new generation virtual pet! I found a video of it here.

It just has a different shell, I'm pretty sure it has the same programming. Many bootleg pets have variations, I've several different shells of the Bunny ROM type virtual pets, but they still have the same programming.

Latest posts

Back