Halloween 2021 - Tamagotchi Style!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSchoolVPQ

Reaction score
I've been planning this for weeks and only got the wheels rolling within the past week or so...and it's actually still in progress...but last night at the roller rink Halloween party I unveiled my newest costume: 90's Tamagotchi!

60828e39b1bd503a89c289a148470f2df3b521d2.jpg

The shirt is a full body print with a vector I made based on the P1 screen, while the skirt is painstakingly hand-sewn. The buttons even squeak...

All the Tamagotchi accessories are officially licensed from 1997...including the fabric! There are a few more pieces I'd like to add for accessories, but for now, it's wearable in public.

db718b7a50f1cf4943c2b7acfb18e32985c37ea8.jpg

And it's perfect for purikura photo booths :lol:

Happy Halloween!!

That is absolutely phenomenal theming, design, and craftsmanship!

The fabrics and the pins all look great, and the idea for the squeaky buttons sounds wonderful. :biggrin:

What are the other accessories that you're hoping to add? I'm curious, now!

Thank you for the high praise! I set very high standards for myself, especially when it comes to crafting and dressing up, so I'm glad this resonated with all of you as well!

The little kids at the party couldn't get enough of the squeaky buttons. They were a last-second idea on not quite enough sleep but I'm glad I ran with it.
What are the other accessories that you're hoping to add? I'm curious, now!
Great question!
Here is the refined concept sketch to give you some idea of what the additions will be.
83223a2430989cb7a10ae620597ddd018c956ef0.jpg

I'd like to add:
  • A necklace (giant ball chain with pixel character metal keychains)
  • Shoes (dyed and painted to match the blue numbers design)
  • Better earrings (featuring that iconic UFO!)
  • Japanese Tamagotchi logo on the back of the jacket
  • Clip-on pocket for the skirt
  • I was going to make an egg-shaped purse but since I found that tiny backpack/shoulder bag it's much less of a priority!
  • I think I also want bigger, looser socks.

Latest posts

Back