Hatchimal

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KujoStar64

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone has come across one of these or not, but there's a new sort of Furby-like toy called a Hatchimal. This is like a Furby in the fact it is a furry animal that you can teach to talk, walk, and dance. However, there is an additional step involved. As the name implies, a Hatchimal comes inside a soft plastic egg, and it has to hatch from this egg. You have to tap and rub the shell to interact with the egg, and make the Hatchimal tap from the inside, to break the shell and be born. It looks so amazingly cute! I reserved one from Amazon, but I need to warn you up front that these toys are not cheap. It cost just under $60 to reserve one, and it won't ship out for another week or so cos supplies ran out. I'm not sure if anyone here is even aware of these new Hatchimals, but there are clips on Youtube and from what I can see, these things are just adorable! Plus, like Tamagotchis, once the Hatchimal has hatched, there is a baby, toddler, and kid stage. Each stage unlocks a new activity the Hatchimal can do with you. I can't wait to receive mine and review it!

I don't think it really can be compared to a Furby honestly, to me they are quite separate toys.

I like the hatching part, but honestly I'm not very impressed with the rest... It "growing" is pretty fun I guess and I love how it can walk, but the design of the animals and the noises it makes kind of suck. I'd still want one but not for the current price.

To me they are kind of creepy also (I was never afraid of Furbys, but these do unnerve me, lol...). I wish they could open their beaks.

Never heard of Hatchimals before, but just watched a video of one hatching (the whole hatching thing is really cool!) but it seems like it can't completely break out on its own; it makes little cracks and you kinda have to rip off the pieces yourself and pull it out qvq

Once it reaches the oldest stage, is it just perpetually stuck in that age? I think what I like about Tamas is that it's a cycle where you can watch the aging happen again and again ...

There seems to be a reset button to go through the baby, toddler, and kid stages again. I do think it's cool that the hatching can only happen once, anyhow.

I just bought one... I think its cuter in the egg rather then out of it. I havent had it long though. Long enough to know I have to assist it out of its shell. I got an exclusive, took time to hatch it. It actually uses its beak to break the shell in places to eventually help it out. Mine git a bit warm when it kept trying to burst/beak so beware. Plays music for letting you know special thing has occurred. It talks quite a bit and Im not sure 100% what I am hearing when it "snores" not sure if thats just sounds or... something else. The red eyes are a bit much for a kids toy...

Its cute but, dont spend too much on one. If between, the new furby is better and has option to update. I dont believe hatchi does. (yet)

I got lucky enough to pick one of these up at Toys R Us a few weeks ago before the craze hit. I haven't got too far with mine since I've been sick. But I like what I've seen so far. They've been described as Furby/Tamagotchi hybrids and I feel that's pretty accurate. They're up there with Furby, Tamagotchi and Aibo as my favorite virtual pets of all time. I plan to buy more after the Holidays once the scalpers stop buying them all up and ruining it for the people who really want them.

I like the hatching part, but honestly I'm not very impressed with the rest...
My opinion is pretty much exactly the same as yours. The hatching prat looks pretty cool, but after that it just seems like a watered-down Furby. Besides, with Furby you know exactly which one you're getting (albeit with less variation), and with Hatchimals it's too much of a risk, especially considering how expensive they are ATM. You can't even put the egg back on to make it hatch again! And even if they did figure out a way to do that, replacement egg shell prices would probably be astronomically priced as well.

And at least Furby looks like a cute owl-cat thing, I think Hatchimals look like bloated, hairy chicken fetuses. :p

@CTF@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back