Height, Weight, && Body Image.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinderpelt

Reaction score
I didn't see a recent topic on this.

Here is the old weight topic I found using search, and it's going to be three months old tomorrow: here.

And it was solely on your weight, not all of the things that come with it.

So I personally thought a new topic would be acceptable, but if I was mistaken, this can be closed.

Thanks.

So, weight has been an issue for me lately, and is also and interesting topic / discussion, in my opinion.

So I decided to hear from TT.

* How much do you weigh?

* How does it correspond to your height? Age?

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? (here)or here

* Clothing size?

* How do you feel about it?

* How does it affect you?

And of course, general discussion as well.

* How much do you weigh?

I weight 103lbs atm. I actually lost five pounds in the past few months, but I lost muscle, due to the end of track season. So that's not exactly a good thing.

I'm 5'2, so I'm fairly short for my age. But it bothers me how people many inches taller than me weigh the same as me. It makes me feel stocky, because I'm short for my age and a bit curvy. D: (btw, I'm fourteen, fifteen in like a month.)

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)?

My BMI is 18.8, which puts me on the 35th percentile; healthy for my height and age. According to kidshealth.com, the healthy weight range based on my height and age is 89lbs - 131lbs.

* Clothing size?

I'm either a size 0 or a size 1 in pants, depending on the brand. I also have to buy either petites or shorts, because I'm well, petite and short. Despite my clothing size, which I am completely comfortable with, I still feel that my stomach is a bit soft. D:

It generally depends on my mood. Obviously, I am insecure right now, thus triggering me to start a discussion. But other times, I'm completely comfortable with my size.

When I feel fat, I drink lots of water and stop eating for a couple of hours (I normally get this way in the evening, so then I don't eat before I go to bed).

I understand that this is a touchy subject, and you have no obligation to post of if you don't want to. Also, let's not get flame-y or negative with our comments. Stay mature and positive with your relationship towards others in this thread. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
* How much do you weigh?

Around 70lbs.

I'm only around 4'9" but I'm still extremely skinny. I'm 12 years old, turning 13 in October, and I'm smaller than anyone I've met that's my age.

My BMI is 15.1. This puts me below the 5th percentile, indicating that I'm underweight. According to this website, the healthy weight range for my height and age is 71-103lbs. I only have to gain 1 more pound until I'm at a healthy weight.

* Clothing size?

In pants, I wear a size 10 slim in kid sizes. My pants are just slightly short, so by the time I go school shopping I'll be up to around a 12 slim, which is the next size up. As for shirts, I wear either a 7/8 or a 10/12 in kids. It depends on the brand. For places like Aeropostale I wear either an XS or S. Either fit me but XS is a bit better since it's not as baggy.

I don't care at all. I've always looked like this, and I've never had any problems with my weight. I do wish I was over 5 feet, because it stinks to always have people thinking you're 8, but I don't think it's that big a deal because I'm not done growing.

It really doesn't. I've never paid much attention to my height and weight. They were just always a part of me. There are other things about me that I'd like to change, such as I wish my vision were better so I didn't have to wear glasses but I know that contacts will always be available in the future so this isn't a huge issue.

* How much do you weigh?

Somewhere between 85-90lbs

I'm kinda underweight. Only about 3 people in my class are lighter than me, and theyre all under 4'10. And I'm 5'3

15.1 5th percentile. My height people should be between 85-125lbs.

* Clothing size?

S or XS in adults.

I actually, am not very satisfied. I want to be taller, but sometimes I wanna be shorter. I'm the tallest one of my friends, so it's not very fun, because it's awkward to tower over your friends. I wanna be taller because it would really help me with my sports and stuff. As for my weight, I eat a lot, but I don't gain weight. I do have muscle, well leg muscle. I barely have any arm muscles. For some reason, sometimes I think I'm too heavy. My parents actually that I was overweight for my height&age xD

Well, it doesn't affect me at all really.

* How much do you weigh?

Around 145-150 lbs. It varies. But thats how much I usually weigh.

I've always thought I was 5''9, but I measured myself at the Doctors, and I'm actually 5''8. Yet One of my Mom's old Friends looks like she's 6'ft, and I'm talller than her. Yet I went to the doctors and I'm 5''8. But I feel like I'm 5''9.

Well according to some website, my BMI is 22.3

* Clothing size?

In Pants, I wear a Size 11-12 Ladies. Or something like that. For Shirts, Large-1 Extra Large. I usually wear my Mom's shirts. In Bra's, I'm a 36-38 B. Even Though I feel like an "A". But They're Growing!

I hate it. I feel fat, and I always have to suck my stomach in when I wear shirts. I look like I'm pregnant if I don't suck my stomach in. And people around where I live like to talk. All it would take is one person to see me wearing a shirt, and if I never had my stomach sucked in, Pregnancy rumors would fly. Because according to people around where I live, Any girl within ages 13+ who is "Fat" is automatically pregnant. Well if thats the case, I've been "Pregnant" for a few years now. [i'm not, Obviously, I'm just using sarcasm to make a point]

Read the "*How do you feel about it?" thing.

* How much do you weigh?

Last time I checked, I was about 82 pounds.

Well, I'm fourteen years old. And exactly five feet.

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? (here)

The website you posted says I'm a healthy weight, but just barely. I'm the healthy cutoff. Most others say I'm underweight.

* Clothing size?

Jeans, pants---a US 00 or 0

A 1 is huge on me. Plus--I would hate being a 1

Shirts--an XS at most stores. A small is almost always too loose for me.

I like being skinny. I love being skinny. I would hate gaining weight. I just want to be a little taller, then I'd be perfectly happy with my body. :)

I actually wanna be skinnier. I know that sounds totally unhealthy, but I'm eating fine right now. Well--actually this summer, I've been eating much less, and I have dropped a few pounds. My jeans seems a bit looser, as does this one shirt that used to hug my hips. It's a bit annoying that my favorite shirt is loose, but otherwise, I'm happy.

It doesn't. Not much. Not really.

* How much do you weigh?

around 111.

I'm 13 and 5'5". so it's slightly below average.. pretty nomal.

* Clothing size?

at most stores it's Small

Fine..

It doesn't really. ;P

* How much do you weigh?

92 Pounds.

I'm 14 [Almost 15] and I'm 5'2

16.8 according to that site that puts me at a healthy weight but one done by my doctor indicated that I was underweight.

* Clothing size?

6-8, but keep in mind thats different to american sizes. 6 is the smallest in adults sizes.

I'm fine with it although I can't gain weight so if my weight drops, it's hard to gain it again.

Ehh. I never feel fat but it hurts when people try to tell me I have an eating disorder because thats pretty much the oppisite of me.

* How much do you weigh? 140 pounds :hitodetchi:

* How does it correspond to your height? Age? I am 5' 4" tall and I'm twelve

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? (here) 24 (over weight)

* Clothing size? 14???

* How do you feel about it? it makes me upset, especially since i'm so tall so whenever i end up accidently starting to compare myself to friends they all weigh like 90 pds cause they are short.

* How does it affect you? it makes me really self concious, so i exercise alot and i don't wear tight clothes, lately i have been better at wearing not totally baggy clothes though, and just accepted myself, but i don't just ignore it, i exercise

* How much do you weigh? 100 Pounds

* How does it correspond to your height? Age? Well Being 5'6", I'm quite slender. I've always been. I always grow XD, so I just never had time to put on weight. I am 13 years old, 14 in October, so I'm a pretty tall height for my age. I really only get my height from my legs. They are extremely long.

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? 16.1

* Clothing size? Jeans: 00 or 0 , Shirts: Small or Extra-Small, Shoes (If you care xD): 9 in US Women's

* How do you feel about it? I love being skinny. I just hate it if my stomach would bulge out or something.. I know that's being selfish, but I would hate it. I just love being able to look good in jeans and stuff. But I do hate my shoe size >.< My feet just look huge compared to my slender body.

* How does it affect you? Well my dad doesn't think I eat enough, but I eat a ton. XD. So it gets annoying with my dad asking me everyday what I eat. Few people think I'm anorexic, but I'm highly afraid of Vomit. I'm just happy I'm skinny. :]

* How much do you weigh? 163

* How does it correspond to your height? Perfect. Age? Perfect.

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? 23.6

* Clothing size? 18 womans.

* How do you feel about it? Fat lol

* How does it affect you? It doesn't really

* How much do you weigh?

Around 110 pounds, maybe less

I'm about 5 feet and i'm going onto 16. I find it okay, i like my body now.

I dunno.

* Clothing size?

In pants I wear around a size 3, sometimes i can fit into one. My butt's nice and perky so it can't fit into size 0's anymore :9 I love that hahaha Usually i'm a small in everything else.

I feel confident :'D -laughs@allofu-

It makes me want to work out more, and loose my tummy. thats about it.

* How much do you weigh?

Like around 80 or more..haven't been keeping track. But Im a bit skinny.

Im like 5 feet, Im going to be tall unlike my family. And Im 11.. :p I don't like that Im a bit skinny... :<

Uhh...I did the BMI thing and only put around what I knew or though and it said I was at a healthy weight.. :p

* Clothing size?

Uhh...Medium xD I dont know!

I feel skinny..but only because Im tall so I look skinnier

I get sad about my weight sometimes :/

* How much do you weigh? At the moment I think I weigh about 70-75kgs. I dunno xD

* How does it correspond to your height? Age? I guess it corresponds well with both, I'm 14 years old, so I think that's the right weight. And yeah I'm pretty short so yeah lol.

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? It wouldn't let me work it out -____-

* Clothing size? -____- I'm a range of different sizes depending on the brand. I hate clothes shopping, it makes me feel fatter than I already am.

* How do you feel about it? It sucks and I want to shoot it.

* How does it affect you? I hate mirrors.

I like the way I look, but I hate it from my face down. )':

* How much do you weigh?

45kg, or 100 lbs. I'm fine with that.

I'm actually not entirely positive on my height at the moment, but it's tall. So maybe around 5'7 or 5'8, something around there. I'm 12. I don't look overly fat or overly skinny so it's fine :)

15.8. It says it's a normal BMI for my height, weight and age, but doctors have said otherwise. So it's sorta in the middle of healthy weight and underweight.

* Clothing size?

It's 8 in womens, and 14 in childrens/girls. And that's not American sizes.

I feel perfectly fine about it. Sometimes I wish I was smaller and wasn't as tall, but sometimes I have this crazy ambition to become world's tallest person. 8D

Doesn't really affect me. I'm happy with my body image :)

* How much do you weigh?

212 lbs

I'm 5'0", so not well XD

41.4. I'm in the 95th percentile. Obese. Healthy weight for me is between 91 to 136lbs.

* Clothing size?

Pants I'm a 20 I think. Shirts are 18/20.

Not happy about it XD Trying to diet and get at least some of it off.

Besides health issues, it doesn't really. I've been "bigger" all my life, so it's not a huge thing. The only difference is this is the biggest I've been.

* How much do you weigh?

140 pounds last time I went to the doctors', and growing.

I'm 5 feet 7 inches. 13 years old. I weigh more than most BOYS my age, and like way more than other girls.

* Clothing size?

Medium in girls, I think? Small in womens. I generally wear hand-me-downs so I have no clue. I wear size 10 in womens for shoes though.

Horrible. I mean, I'm not fat. Just huge & clunky.

It makes me want to go get excersize but my parents won't let me out of the house alone x__x

Mom says it's muscle tone. I don't believe her.

*How much do you weigh?

135 lbs

*How does it correspond to your height? Age?

5'6'' and if you want to know my real age, PM me. :)

I don't know.

*Clothing size?

I like to wear tight shirts, so small.

*How does it affect you?

Well, I think I'm fine about it, I'm a very healthy woman.

Temari Nara

How much do you weigh?

65lbs

Good. I'm very thin, and being 4'8" and 12yrs old, it's good.

I don't know, I just know I'm underweight.

* Clothing size?

10 kids in jeans, 10/12 in shirts

Pretty good, although it does get annoying sometimes

I'm healthy as a horse, so I don't complain that much.

* How much do you weigh? 85 lbs.

* How does it correspond to your height? Age? I am thin, and I am starting to gain a little more, and filling out.

* What's your Body Mass Index (BMI)? Underweight.

* Clothing size? XS Womans.

* How do you feel about it? I actually LOVE my height and weight.

* How does it affect you? I am healthy, so eh, I'll take it.

* How much do you weigh?

It really depends on what I eat and the time of day.

Normally, I am around 95 pounds.

* How does it correspond to your height?

Well, I am about 5'5, maybe a little taller now, not sure

I'm tall and skinny... some people say too skinny, and make fun of me for it.

15.8, which is almost underweight.

* Clothing size?

No idea... I think for pants I am a 0 or a double 0.

I feel fine about it, just a little insecure when I get made fun of.

Since I'm so tall and skinny, alot of clothes dont fit me.

My body shape is odd, so it's hard to find good-fitting clothes.

And, I'm pretty weak, so exercising and physical activity can be hard for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back