HellFire's Bits and Bobs Thread

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HellFire2345

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post on these forums (well, as being a maturer 14 year old atleast

:p ), and considering I've done a lot of work recently with tamagotchi overall, I thought I'd post it on a site I enjoyed browsing on as a kid (Kuchipatchi Boy).

I didn't exactly know where to post these, "Library" seemed a bit unfitting, so I put it here. If a moderator wants to move this, feel free.

Tamagotchi Party On Files

One of the things I've been working on are the 3D Models from the game Tamagotchi: Party On. If you don't understand, basically, this means they're files that can be used on the computer in 3d games and viewed using a 3D Model Viewer. If you're a geek like me, you'll understand a little better.

I got these by putting the game in my wii, backing up the disk to one file using the Homebrew Channel, getting that file to my computer, running it in the Dolphin Wii and Gamecube emulator, and using something called 3D Ripper GX to take a 3D screen-shot of the game. Then I had to individually remove every building and floor there, leaving the characters alone. Took about 1-2 hours.

Click here to view the thread for the models!

If you're too lazy to click the link and/or it looks fishy to you, here's some pictures:

kuchipatchi.png
mametchi.png
memetchi.png

I have also taken out the music, too! I'm still in the process of getting them uploaded, but here's one minigame for you:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

The Next Big Thing

Aside from that, I'm also working on a fully-playable pc game..

The Next Big Thing!

The Next Big Thing is in an unfinished state, but as of now, it's about 1/4th of the way done. Basically, you play as Kuchipatchi, and you can do a whole bunch of cool stuff. If you've ever played Little Big Planet for PS3, it's very similar. It's a platform game- much like mario or sonic (except you don't collect mushrooms and you walk at a normal pace :p )

The story: The Evil Warlord DoubleFace is taking over the world (no, the game isn't fully revolving around the tamagotchi franchise) and turning everything the opposite color! Everything green's turned to purple, everything blue's orange, everything orange is blue! Kuchipatchi (referred to as Kuchi in the game) finds out about this problem one day whilst sitting home bored watching TV. He decides to braven up and save the world!

(This story's really cliche, I'd like to improve it somehow, but I'm terrible at writing stories :p )

Video of some pre-alpha gameplay:

Click here

Aside from those, that's about all I have to post at the moment, I'll get to more later!

That sounds cool! And yes, I'm a geek so I got everything you said. ;)

I'm horrible at game ripping, good luck!

Woah, that's so awesome, I'd love to play it on my computer as long as Bandai doesn't get mad at it or anything. X3

Yes, I understand what you mean here. Excellent work. I also like "geeking" with games and programming and music and stuff. I sometimes rip stuff from games and make custom stuff, and make simple games with Microsoft BASIC (the most "advanced" of which was a stupid text-based shooting spaceships game). Back on topic, you are doing a pretty cool job with this. :)

The Next Big Thing now has a public beta! Now you can play the game way before release! The full game won't cost you anything but I would like a bit of feedback as to how the game feels overall.

Youtube Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RuiFzIW0Rc

Site to download: https://hellfire2345....c/projects.html (The mac version doesn't exist YET, sorry!)

Direct download: https://dl.dropbox.c...3/tnbt_beta.zip

The game will have multiplayer, but it doesn't work right now, so just try out story mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Next Big Thing now has a public beta! Now you can play the game way before release! The full game won't cost you anything but I would like a bit of feedback as to how the game feels overall.

Site to download: https://hellfire2345....c/projects.html (The mac version doesn't exist YET, sorry!)

Direct download: https://dl.dropbox.c...3/tnbt_beta.zip

The game will have multiplayer, but it doesn't work right now, so just try out story mode.
Oh, that looks SO cool! I'm downloading it right now and I can't wait to play it! I'll give you feedback when I play some of it. :D

Okay, I've played it! It's a decent game so far, but I have a problem...my laptop doesn't have a numpad so I can't preview the next unfinished levels. :( However it looks like it's going to get interesting; I found a little boomerang in the first unfinished level, and weird frisbees in the not-working multiplayer mode. I'll definitely download the next version! :D

so cute! i just played it

jumping would be easier with the space bar though! :p

Thanks for the feedback so far.. my normal everyday pc got some sort of weird virus or something and now somebody has to fix it.. development's gonna be pushed back a bit.. don't worry though, the game's uploaded to my dropbox so it's still available to download, it's not directly from my computer. I've also released a second beta in the mean time, with color selection for the player. When the game starts, you'll have a color selecting window. there's every single color that windows has available, much like the window you get if you add custom colors to MS Paint. Anyway..

https://dl.dropbox.c.../tnbt_beta2.zip - Beta 2

https://dl.dropbox.c...bt_beta_mac.zip - Beta 1 (now for mac. requires the program Wine (easily googleable))

Beta 2:

+Added a very light version of picking things up and throwing

+Added player colors

+Removed some pointless buggy animation

Sorry if my post count looks a bit suspicious too, as these are my only 3 posts.. I mostly do browsing here, and don't usually post much. My old account was "Kuchipatchi Boy" and I had a LOT of poorly written posts there.. man, that was a while ago. Anyway, until my PC gets fixed, I can give a few details about Beta 3 away.

Beta 3:

+Added a new user interface (UI) (the score and lives counter)

+Added Playstation 3 Controller support

+Added more levels

~Possibly some narration to tell you the basics as you start the game

also, system requirements:

Minimum Requirements:

• 256 Megs of RAM (of course, most computers today have this)
  • The game will run on almost any graphics card at a good framerate (around 60 frames per second)
  • Playstation 3 Controller and its drivers (if you want to play using that)
  • Some form of DirectX (you probably have this by now unless you just got a new computer)
  • The game was developed on a real slow computer at a great pace, so it should work on slow computers aswell

Very nice game! Is it made with Game Maker 8?

It could be a bit more fluid, and it's a bit glitchy right now, but very good progress!

Very nice game! Is it made with Game Maker 8?

It could be a bit more fluid, and it's a bit glitchy right now, but very good progress!
Yep, game maker 8. I know it's probably the WORST programming language possible for a game like this, but I started this a year and a half ago before I knew some other languages and I've already made tons of progress, there isn't really any turning back now.. Also, please tell me and glitches you find, as I wanna get the most things fixed as possible.

I'm a geek, so I totes got everything you said ^^.

I've never even attempted ripping models, but it sounds to long and hard to be worth it, so I'll pass it up...

Anyways, your game looks super cool ^^! I'll play the public beta and edit my post with what I think of it!

https://eu11.dl.desura.com/dl/dcac49d563ee87d5026d20e9c6ce7a51/5064cd55/2012/09/26/TNBT_Beta3.zip

+Added a new hud (Heads Up Display)

~Removed the first two levels (they weren't very good) and replaced them with better ones

+Added more to the third level

~Changed the hub

-Removed ladders (very very buggy and useless)

+Added Mario-style friction to the character

~Fixed slopes completely

~Changed Kuchi's walking engine (he moves a lot smoother) (sorta buggy)

~Changed copyright music to stock music (placeholder)

+Yoshi's Island background (Placeholder)

Cool! I'm still working on learning GML so I can make better games, and I know how hard it is to make something as cool as this!

Plus, the name of the game, The Next Big Thing? That was the LBP beta name! Iseewhatyoudidthere. :3

Beta 3 would have had ps3 controller support, but my ps3 controller was making my pc crash so I couldn't work on it. I'll add defineable controls in the future, so you can play with any controller or any keys.

Beta 4 (hoping to get in):

+new graphics that aren't the lame ones that come with game maker

+an intro video

+new dialog boxes

+gibberish voices (nah, not gonna do narration)

You can preview all this on the moddb page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back