Hello! + Questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMcCloud

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Lily, often recognized as MissMcCloud on other websites. I'm not new to Tamagotchi, but it's been a very long time since I've ever owned or played with one. My very first Tamagotchi was a Tama-Go which I remember fondly, but I think it was given away years ago unfortunately. I also remember there being a retro-styled Tamagotchi mobile game called Tamagotchi L.I.F.E that I played and enjoyed, but I don't think it's available anymore. :( I've tried My Tamagotchi Forever, but I couldn't really get into it because of all the in-app purchases and whatnot.

Anyway, I've been on a nostalgia kick lately and have looking into potential options for buying a Tamagotchi for myself. I've been very interested in Tamagotchi ON because of the generational Tamagotchi raising aspects, but I've found that they're usually unavailable to purchase or resold for prices out of my range. :( I've also been looking into the Pix and so far I'm not sure if its features are really grabbing me quite as much as the ON does, but they're readily available and they do look cute. As for the retro Tamagotchi, they're available and affordable so that might also be a good option for me.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for a potential returning Tamagotchi owner like me and/or recommendations for which model I should get? Thanks! :)

So far, I only have had a P2 tamagotchi, it’s fun but I bet it is similar to other types of tamagotchi, so I think you should get whichever one you like. Peace ✌️

Hello and welcome ^^

I absolutely adore my Tamagotchi Pix, and my new Pix Party. I had a log for the Pix here: https://www.tamatalk.com/threads/adventures-of-quess-and-barry-tamagotchi-pix.200048/

If you want to see more of what it's like and how I enjoyed it. I enjoy the individual characters more than the breeding/marriage system myself. I also really liked the career system.

But yeah sadly the On is hard to get ahold of these days :(

And yeah the LIFE app is dead these days :(

You could also try getting one of the classic Tamas like the Mori de Hakken or the Angel. You'll have to buy them secondhand and they can get a bit pricey (about the same price as a Pix) but they can be a lot of fun. Much more simplistic, though. There's also the re-releases of the original Tamagotchi, which are only around $20USD. They're very simple but very cute, and it can be fun trying to get all the different characters.

Then there's all the Nanos like Pac-Man and Hello Kitty which are very basic and easy to take care of (you can basically ignore them for a whole day and they'll be pretty much OK), but very cute.

I guess it really depends on which kind of experience you're wanting to have :)

I also remember there being a retro-styled Tamagotchi mobile game called Tamagotchi L.I.F.E that I played and enjoyed, but I don't think it's available anymore.
If you installed it in the past you should be able to redownload it from your app store. I redownloaded this one maybe a year ago and it works for me. At least I think it is the same one with the classic tamagotchi.

It’s too bad about the My Tamagotchi Forever app. I agree it is difficult to play without paying. I will pay for 1 month at a time when I travel. The only times I have really used it is while traveling because you don’t need an internet connection for the games (on flights) and I find them fun. When I’m home I haven’t played the app.

Other than that, the Pix doesn’t have the gene mixing like the On, but I do enjoy playing it. Since it is available now I do recommend it first.

If you decided on an On, would you have access to Magic Hut? If not, you need more Ons to access everything 🤑 I think you need to connect to 3 different Ons to unlock all locations on your On. So that’s 4 Ons.

The re-releases are fun, but if your first was Tama-go I feel you might find these too simplistic. I still recommend it to experience it, but for me the gameplay is not the same as the originals (as the package claims) and that bothers me. Have you thought of trying Digimon? Bandai has re-released those as well.

The Tama-go can be hard to come by, plus you need all the figures, etc. I have not played a Tama-go, but I have played the Friends. My understanding is they are similar, and Friends models can be easier to find. There are 3 waves of them, so if it interests you, watch youtube videos to see the different games available on each. The first wave’s screen contrast can be really bad if you aren’t in good light.

If you want to collect older ones, search up which shells you want and then have patience. The ones you want will eventually get listed at a quality and price you like. Always check that the ones you find are in the condition you like and don’t overspend. On eBay you can search an item, then filter to see only sold items. You can see what others have paid in the past few months. Ask for more photos if they haven’t provided enough (such as with battery cover removed).

Latest posts

Back