Hello

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpetguy

Reaction score
My name is Cloud, I’m a high school student and a video game fan. Running purely on 2000’s nostalgia.
I’ve wanted to get a tamagotchi since middle school but in my country they haven’t been selling them since y2k so your only hope was buying second-hand for a crazy price. But recently they started distributing them again so I bought the gen 1 re-release. However I’m a bit of a collector so not long after that I also bought a used pix and I’m having lots of fun with it.
I joined this forum because I noticed the guides on pix I found on the internet are pretty lacking, so as a completionist I already started making my own and wanted to have a place to post them.
I hope we’ll get along
;))

Welcome to the forum, Cloud. Any other v-Pets aside from Tamas?

Currently no, but I used to have a lot of smartphone app v-pets when I was younger - stuff like pou, my talking tom & angela, and tons of others that names I forgot. My favourite was pululu, which was basically a knockoff of modern color tamas, but it had an interesting evolution mechanic - once it was an adult you could evolve it using special items, and there were tons of combinations and evolutions to discover. Sadly most evolutions weren’t included in the base install and had to be downloaded from servers once you found the correct combination. One day they just went offline without any notice. In the end I never got to find all the evolutions and complete my guide. I still played it, but then I upgraded my phone and it completly stopped working - crashed every time i opened it. I tried to look for info about it online but couldn’t find any mentions aside from marketing.
I’m still pretty sad about it. That was probably the reason why I got into tamas.:mametchi:

Awesome how are the never had a pix ?? I wanted one but can’t get over Wanting the earlier ones from when I was growing up. And the size is a bit bulky from the looks of the pix compared to the connections and more options for boys on the shells of the connections.

Awesome how are the never had a pix ?? I wanted one but can’t get over Wanting the earlier ones from when I was growing up. And the size is a bit bulky from the looks of the pix compared to the connections and more options for boys on the shells of the connections.
Well, compared to connections there isn’t that much choice in regards to shells, they’re all rather cutesy and girly. The most gender neutral ones would be the green and maybe the blue one. Personally it doesn’t bother me that much but I may be the odd one.:tongue:
It’s quite big, not suited to be carried around as a keycharm like the old ones, but still fits in the palm of my hand comfortably. You could fit it in your pocket but as you said it’s a bit bulky so walking around with it isn’t super convienient.
On the upside, there is much more to do on the pix than the vintage ones. There’s lots of minigames (2 basic, 6 in the arcade but only 2 per day and they just show up in rotation, plus 3 job related once your tama is an adult but you have to meet certain conditions to get them and they also change), items to collect, there’s cooking which lets you get tons of different food, etc. Compared to that, gameplay on vintage tamas is pretty basic. But it’s up to your preference, weather you want to have a lot of options to pick from whenever you pick up your device, or prefer to only ocasionally check up and do basic tasks to keep your tama alive.
On that note, it’s almost imposible for your tama to die on the pix. The hunger and happiness meters deplete very slowly, you can call a sitter to take care of your tama while your out or busy, and even when they’re at the brink of death you can just call an ambulance to save them. So again, depends on wheather you want your tamas to go through a natural life cycle or live forever.
Also side note, pix uses the batteries up much faster and I reccomend using the rechargable ones for it.

Latest posts

Back