Help: New owner; older tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatodelsole

Reaction score
My wife picked him up at a garage sale and put battery in him. He woke up and is 47 yrs, 10 pounds, 4 hearts of hungry and happy, training seems to be a full bar, 1G.

It looks like a version 1, tama. Blue case, yellow buttons, blue logo. Is there a site to identify him for sure? Or just a code to hit?

My little girl will play with him, she is only 3 but I will help her. What do I need to know to get started? I have been through the discussion board but it is hard to find specific help. How often do we feed him? Is it hard to play the game? I have seen some on site discussion on that so I think we'll do ok.

One question is: what do all the icons on the sides do? I can tell: play games, medicine and light but not sure what the rest of them do. Can someone direct me to a guide for those or just tell me what the icons mean?

Thanks for your help.

The first icon is to check your tama's health and it tells you how old your tamagotchi is, what generation it is on etc.

The second icon is to feed your tamagotchi. You can chose from a snack or a meal. On V2 and V3 you can also buy treats to feed your tama.

The third icon is to clean up your tamas poop.

The forth icon is to play games.

The fith icon is to connect with other tamagotchis.

The sixth icon is to discipline your tama. You can select either "time out" or "praise".

The seventh icon is your give your tama medicine if it is sick or has a tooth ache.

The eighth icon is to turn the lights on and off.

The ninth icon is to look at your tamas friend list and tolook at it's item and treats list.

And finally to tenth icon lights up when your tamagotchi needs something or if it needs to be disciplined.

I hope it helped! ^_^

-sk8er girl-

wow thanks! that helps a lot.

What do I need to know about his training? He seems to have a lot of it, but I cannot tell from the bar. It seems to go the whole way across. Does that mean his training is full or whatever?

How do I figure out what version he is?

This has been real helpful. I tried to do a search but could not figure all this out. thx.

First of all: welcome!

the easiest way to identify your tama for sure would be a combination of sending a picture and telling us, what you do find when you choose the fifth icon in the first row. That would tell us, if it is a version 1 or two, if it is a version 3 you will find a little antenna on the left side (just as at the tama on the top of the page).

So, if you want, just send me a personal message, I can give you my mail-addy then and you can send me the photo of your tama.

Greetz, Brids ^_^

Here's how to tell which version Tamagotchi Connection/Connexion you have:

Step 1: look at the back. If it doesn't have "BANDAI" molded into the plastic it's not a real Tamagotchi, so it isn't a V1 nor V2 nor V3.

Step 2: V3 has an antenna bump built into the casework. It looks sort of like a cell phone antenna bump. You can see it here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?act=p...id=1846&count=y If yours doesn't have this antenna bump, it's probably a V1 or V2.

Step 3: V2 and V1 have different games. Go into the Game menu. Version 2 has four games: Jump, Bump, Heading, and Slot. Version 1 has two games: Dance and Jump.

You can download copies of the Connection original instruction sheets from Bandai.

For Version 1: https://www.bandai.com/faq/pdfs/tama_v1.pdf

For Version 2: https://www.bandai.com/faq/pdfs/tama_v2.pdf

For Version 3: https://www.bandai.com/faq/pdfs/tama_v3.pdf

Hello all; thanks a lot. He is version 1. His "Bandai" is molded into the back and it says "Bandai 2004 made in china, etc." And he only has two games: jump and dance. So that clinches it...

Anyhow, a good day. I got home and mom says its beeping, so I figured to clean up the poop and give him some medicine. Hope that's not a bad sign. There was a skull above him before I gave him his meds..He was so happy after I fixed him up.

Hey what do the hearts on the clock mean? WHen I go to reset the time, underneath the clock there are like 5 hearts and they disappear one at a time..Does that mean anything?

also on the friend/present mode, the ninth button. WHen is that used and how is that used?

Thanks for everything. This is a real nice discussion board and very active I can see.

Hello all; thanks a lot. He is version 1. His "Bandai" is molded into the back and it says "Bandai 2004 made in china, etc." And he only has two games: jump and dance. So that clinches it...
Anyhow, a good day. I got home and mom says its beeping, so I figured to clean up the poop and give him some medicine. Hope that's not a bad sign. There was a skull above him before I gave him his meds..He was so happy after I fixed him up.

Hey what do the hearts on the clock mean? WHen I go to reset the time, underneath the clock there are like 5 hearts and they disappear one at a time..Does that mean anything?

also on the friend/present mode, the ninth button. WHen is that used and how is that used?

Thanks for everything. This is a real nice discussion board and very active I can see.
1)the hearts under the clock represents the seconds passing.

2)the friends list is for friends, or people, you have connected with that have a tamagotchi. when you connect with that person, their tamagotchi will appear in your friends list and your tamagotchi will be in his/her tamagotchi's friends list.there are six settings in the friends list that tells how much your tama likes the other tamagotchi. those settings, symbols, show how much your tama like the other tama. the symbols are in the shape of happy faces and hearts. they represent the friendship level. one happy face = acquaintances, 2 happy faces= i forgot this one ,3 happy faces= friends , 4 happy faces= good friends, 2 hearts and 2 happy faces= best firends, 4 hearts= partners, this means that they are of the opposite gender and they are in love. they can mate at 5yr old and up to have babies.

sincerely,Tamapal3000

Back again, that instruction sheet is real nice, thx.

Three more questions: Should we reset tamagotch? Since we just replaced the battery today and he is 47 and doenst have much training or happiness.

Is it still possible to name him? I tried to get to name him but I couldnt seem to highlite the name icon.

How do I program a birthday? I can do the clock function but instruction do not explain how to get to the birthday part. thx.

Back again, that instruction sheet is real nice, thx.
Three more questions: Should we reset tamagotch? Since we just replaced the battery today and he is 47 and doenst have much training or happiness.

Is it still possible to name him? I tried to get to name him but I couldnt seem to highlite the name icon.

How do I program a birthday? I can do the clock function but instruction do not explain how to get to the birthday part. thx.
the best thing is to reset it if you want to, so you can start out fresh.

when you reset, it will start out as an egg. you will have to set the clock and date for it to hatch or it will not hatch it the clock is not set. it takes one minute for it to hatch. when it hatches, it will say you have a girl or boy, then name it and do all the rest that is asks for. the birthday, you have to enter your birthday and it will celebrate your birthday on your birthday. you can set the birthday when you reset. it will ask for it.

okay that helps. He is getting bigger, now up to 15-17 lbs and he's lots happier, 4 hearts. He plays games quite often today. His hunger is up to 3 so he's getting fed. His training is still nothing it looks like. I probably wont reset him just yet. I guess it is not possible to name him or to set the birthday at this stage in his life?

Your tama probably has the birth date of its previous (garage sale) owner already programmed in - that won't change unless you re-set it :pochitchi:

You can only name babies - they keep the name until they die - or start a new family (hint: search for Matchmaker !)

Have you checked which character you think you have? If it is 47yrs old, it is probably an adult - or an old timer...

I recomend you visit TamaSquare - for excellent and accurate V1 character info translated from the BanDai TamaPlus site and BanDai Raising Guide (really good tips on how to get some of the V1 characters):

https://www.peppersoup.net/tamasquare

It's a really useful site full of info :mametchi:

Best, etc.

TamaMum

thank you for the site info Tama mum..I am in the process of trying to figure out what character he has become. He was 47 when we restarted him..he has gained 10 lbs but now he has changed into somethign different. It looks like he is wearing a football helmet, his face is all black with a white stripe down the middle..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back