Hi everyone! A new (and hopefully active) member just appeared!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbitH

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Robbit, I recently got a tamagotchi craze (i don't really know why) but it motivated me to change everything in my life.

I had a car crash in 2017 and I sent my life down the drain pretty much, I became a paraplegic because of that accident and I couldn't recover neither phisically nor mentally,

I lost my so called friends.
I lost my girlfriend.
I lost most of the stuff in my life that I took somehow for granted, like the ability to walk.
Tama's lifted me up, they motivated me, became my aspiration to start a collection, I want to have all the cute tama's I have only found out they existed through pages like tamashells and the wiki of tamagotchi.
It's been like two weeks since I started checking up the auctions on buyee, also that I got tired of feeling sorry for myself and started sending my resumé to different job applications.
I still don't have a job, but I'm getting there, I hope I can make money to cost this new-found obsession and that I can make a lot of new friends here. :)

Sealing with a hug <3 I think I'm going to feel welcome here, nobody that likes tamas can be bad.

Hi Robbit!! Welcome to Tamatalk!

Tamagotchis are definitely some of the best sort of escapism out there. Take it from me (and from all of us haha!), you'll get a lot out of these little guys - more-so than many do expect. I'm really happy they're encouraging you to get yourself out there -- I was in a different but not so dissimilar situation to yours not that long ago, and I found I still held comfort and solace in my little collection. Even though I've been collecting them for so long now they mean a lot to me and have helped me out through some really cruddy times in my life. And life can be terrible like that! So that's why we're more than happy to welcome you here!

Here's a little secret: I'm currently searching for work right now as well :) Job hunters of Tamatalk unite!! With that aside, I wish you good luck with your future collection! I hope you'll be able to obtain all the models you'll like <33 I see you've checked out the log section already, which is fantastic!!!! I love using that area to chronicle a big 'ol Tamagotchi diary - I'm sure you may know, but you can continue that post by replying to it, and if you update on your tama everyday it can be a surprisingly-enriching experience! It's so fun to look back on your old posts, even if you don't run a log for that long.

Either way, I hope you'll find joy wherever tamagotchis take you next! And I hope to see you around on the forums :biggrin:

Hi Robbit!! Welcome to Tamatalk!

Tamagotchis are definitely some of the best sort of escapism out there. Take it from me (and from all of us haha!), you'll get a lot out of these little guys - more-so than many do expect. I'm really happy they're encouraging you to get yourself out there -- I was in a different but not so dissimilar situation to yours not that long ago, and I found I still held comfort and solace in my little collection. Even though I've been collecting them for so long now they mean a lot to me and have helped me out through some really cruddy times in my life. And life can be terrible like that! So that's why we're more than happy to welcome you here!

Here's a little secret: I'm currently searching for work right now as well :) Job hunters of Tamatalk unite!! With that aside, I wish you good luck with your future collection! I hope you'll be able to obtain all the models you'll like <33 I see you've checked out the log section already, which is fantastic!!!! I love using that area to chronicle a big 'ol Tamagotchi diary - I'm sure you may know, but you can continue that post by replying to it, and if you update on your tama everyday it can be a surprisingly-enriching experience! It's so fun to look back on your old posts, even if you don't run a log for that long.

Either way, I hope you'll find joy wherever tamagotchis take you next! And I hope to see you around on the forums :biggrin:
Thanks for all the advices for using the forum the most effective way or at least making it useful in strengthening the bond with lil Jacobo.

People are the same regardless of who where or what they are, so it comforts me to know that we both went through hardships, came out of them with the help of these cute critters and are looking to grow (at least economically (which is kinda silly if you think about it haha))

I should really fall asleep now, lil guy wakes up really early.

I hope I can make money to cost this new-found obsession and that I can make a lot of new friends here. :)

Sealing with a hug <3 I think I'm going to feel welcome here, nobody that likes tamas can be bad.
Hi Robbit, I admire your resilience.
Welcome and enjoy the forum. You'll absolutely find new friends here.

Welcome to the Forums!
Tamas are pretty well the only thing I collect anymore. My favourite is seeing $200+ listings on eBay claiming its a "rare" toy, and when I look at the design in the photos its a Connection V2 with a shell design that two of mine have (and was popular when it was out).
I like laughing at them and commenting on the listing on why it isn't rare. Usually they remove it and it appears a few days later again. Scammers gonna scam I guess.

Anyways, I do hope you enjoy your time here! :biggrin:

Welcome to the Forums!
Tamas are pretty well the only thing I collect anymore. My favourite is seeing $200+ listings on eBay claiming its a "rare" toy, and when I look at the design in the photos its a Connection V2 with a shell design that two of mine have (and was popular when it was out).
I like laughing at them and commenting on the listing on why it isn't rare. Usually they remove it and it appears a few days later again. Scammers gonna scam I guess.

Anyways, I do hope you enjoy your time here! :biggrin:
Thanks! I’m pretty new to tamagotchis, what would be some common scamming on eBay or buyee, what are the versions that cost more and which ones were more common ? :eek: it’s a great big tama world

Thanks! I’m pretty new to tamagotchis, what would be some common scamming on eBay or buyee, what are the versions that cost more and which ones were more common ? :eek: it’s a great big tama world
It might be because I'm not wealthy, but no toy in the Connection series is worth over $100 in my eyes. Especially when I remember the retail price for them all were 14.99 to 17.99 where I grew up.

Now when it comes to the more modern ones, some retail already quite high or needed to be imported so they'll naturally be pretty pricey.
My prices are in Canadian dollars though, for reference.

Latest posts

Back