hi! +some questions about the p2

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BumblingBee

Reaction score
Hi! I've been wanting a Tamagotchi for some time now, and I finally coughed up twenty USD for one. :biggrin:

I only have a P2 at the moment, and I have a few meandering questions about it.
  • Once a Tama has called out, how much time do I have to respond before it counts as a care mistake?
  • About how long after a Tama gets sick will it die?
  • Can a Tama with 100% discipline misbehave?
Thanks for taking the time to read this! :tongue: I look forward to meeting all of you. ^^

Attachments

• 2B4AB911-0DAD-4658-A964-37DBF7F56CF4.jpeg
    2B4AB911-0DAD-4658-A964-37DBF7F56CF4.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 4
Welcome! You got a gorgeous shell.
To answer your questions...
・You have 15 minutes to answer a call before it's counted as a miss.
・It's somewhat dependent on the age and species of your Tama, but you've usually got a few hours of you've been taking decent care of it the rest of the time
・It shouldn't!

Welcome! You got a gorgeous shell.
To answer your questions...
・You have 15 minutes to answer a call before it's counted as a miss.
・It's somewhat dependent on the age and species of your Tama, but you've usually got a few hours of you've been taking decent care of it the rest of the time
・It shouldn't!
Oh, good! I really underestimated how hardy the vintage Tamas are. Like, I figured that they’d usually die within ten minutes of being sick or something crazy like that lol. :mellow:

Hey welcome :)
The original P1 & P2 from the late 90‘s definitely stop calling out once the discipline meter is full. However, the re-releases are programmed differently. I have a P1 re-release and it calls out 8 to 10 times before it reaches the adult stage. So there’s kind of an invisible meter that keeps on filling!

Hey welcome :)
The original P1 & P2 from the late 90‘s definitely stop calling out once the discipline meter is full. However, the re-releases are programmed differently. I have a P1 re-release and it calls out 8 to 10 times before it reaches the adult stage. So there’s kind of an invisible meter that keeps on filling!
Yeah, I should have specified that my P2 is a 2018 re-release. :tongue: He misbehaved for the fifth time a little bit ago, so I guess he has 125% discipline now!

I really underestimated how hardy the vintage Tamas are. Like, I figured that they’d usually die within ten minutes of being sick or something crazy like that lol. :mellow:
Yeah, there's a bit of a myth that the vintage models are REALLY easy to kill off, often perpetuated in lazy fluff-piece news articles, and the reissues have inherited that. :lol:

I also have a question, (I don't think it's necessary to create a new topic for it) : Will a vintage tamagotchi re-release disappear when the battery dies, or will the save still be there once the battery is changed ? I don't know much about vintage tamas as I only have a japanese tama ocean, but I know newer tamas like the connection ones did keep the save and my ocean didn't, so i'm curious to know!

I also have a question, (I don't think it's necessary to create a new topic for it) : Will a vintage tamagotchi re-release disappear when the battery dies, or will the save still be there once the battery is changed ? I don't know much about vintage tamas as I only have a japanese tama ocean, but I know newer tamas like the connection ones did keep the save and my ocean didn't, so i'm curious to know!
According to this thread, P1 and P2 Tamas, re-releases or otherwise, are, unfortunately, lost forever when their batteries die. :-(

Hi! I've been wanting a Tamagotchi for some time now, and I finally coughed up twenty USD for one. :biggrin:

I only have a P2 at the moment, and I have a few meandering questions about it.
  • Once a Tama has called out, how much time do I have to respond before it counts as a care mistake?
  • About how long after a Tama gets sick will it die?
  • Can a Tama with 100% discipline misbehave?
Thanks for taking the time to read this! :tongue: I look forward to meeting all of you. ^^
A tamagotchi with 100% discipline can beep for discipline even after being filled fully. Once my tamagotchi had to be disciplined so many times, it reached 200% (If that is possible)

Latest posts

Back